Star Wars Yoda Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we need to talk to the R2 builders at CVI about how to build an R2. We'd probably have to join, though.

I'd be happy with one that just stands there and has blinking lights.

Astromech.net There, you will be able to learn how to build your own R2 D2. They do NOT sell droids. It is a long, involved process, but worth it. My wife is about 80% done her droid assembly, and then she'll install all the electronics, and the RC parts.

Astromech.net There, you will be able to learn how to build your own R2 D2. They do NOT sell droids. It is a long, involved process, but worth it. My wife is about 80% done her droid assembly, and then she'll install all the electronics, and the RC parts.

I stay away from there, it gets me thinking bad things, bad expensive things like having my very own R4-M6 cruising the house. :yess:

So where is the information that this is a lifesize statue (ie full body) and not just the previously released 1:1 bust?

Matt Falls didn't sculpt the 1:1 bust. Howard Senft did. I don't know what either gentleman looks like, be assuming he's right that it's Matt Falls in the picture, it does seem like it's a different product.

I often think about building an R2 unit. That would be awesome.

Go for it! It's certainly not cheap, but I've found the R2 builders to be one of the best groups in Star Wars Fandom. They are helpful, and will give good advice. You can find full blueprints for each and every part that goes into making an R2 if you have the ability and resources to make them yourself.

Several members do extensive runs on the parts, from skins, domes, and greeblies in resin, plastic or aluminum. All depending on how much work you want to do, and how much you're willing to spend.

My Wifes current progress:
R2.jpg

It is unfortunate that the R2 builders are one of the very few groups that are so open. I had problems putting together my Vader costume a few years ago. I wanted accuracy, and when I asked one of the 'experts' in the field, I was basically told to get lost, as I wasn't special enough to have the info. This has actually dimmed my view of the person, and the company he now works for.

Go for it! It's certainly not cheap, but I've found the R2 builders to be one of the best groups in Star Wars Fandom. They are helpful, and will give good advice. You can find full blueprints for each and every part that goes into making an R2 if you have the ability and resources to make them yourself.

It is unfortunate that the R2 builders are one of the very few groups that are so open. I had problems putting together my Vader costume a few years ago. I wanted accuracy, and when I asked one of the 'experts' in the field, I was basically told to get lost, as I wasn't special enough to have the info. This has actually dimmed my view of the person, and the company he now works for.

"G" eee I wonder who this was.

Several members do extensive runs on the parts, from skins, domes, and greeblies in resin, plastic or aluminum. All depending on how much work you want to do, and how much you're willing to spend.

R2.jpg

Code:

Not that hard to guess who is that person lol. Btw your wife's droid looks great, looking forward to see a complete R2.

R2.jpg

Looks awesome, bet you're very proud of her.

That looks terrific, Shalamar! I gotta get going on one some time.

Looks awesome, bet you're very proud of her.

I am! She's been doing all the work. She has all the parts now, including electronics and RC system, just needs to finish assembly, and painting. Work in progress since Celebration IV.

R2.jpg

Great start there on the R2!!

"G" eee I wonder who this was.

Yeap... :wink1:

Back