Star Wars Weekends 2011... Anybody Goin'?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posted these in the "Let's See You" thread. The fam and I at the Citrus Park Mall last week during the Star Tours 3D event.

Great pics, Khev!

Is that the SW Target shirt you're wearing?!?

Did you pick up any SW goodies like the Mickey Mouse ears?!?!

Thanks! Yes about the shirt, I've gotten a couple SW tees from Target. I've found them to be quite presentable as far as "geek wear" is concerned. And yeah they were handing out the SW Mouse ears for free. They gave a hat to all four of us.

They had a green screen you could stand in front of then go online to pic the planet you wanted in the background. Pretty cool.

I got a selected to do a preveiw of the new star tours in CA before the ride actually opens to the public so I'm pretty excited about that. It was a contest thing that was for passholders only so should be cool.

I was there for Friday morning, but didn't get up to too much of the SW stuff. The photo lines were longer than I wanted to deal with, and DEFINITELY too long to wait to get on Star Tours that morning. I couldn't get a FP due to a poor decision to get one for Toy Story thinking the Star Tours FP would be available for a while.

At the very least, I was appropriately attired. I picked up that Boba Fett shirt that's just a giant image of his helmet, so I was rocking that. I really liked the three "giant head" shirts of Fett, Vader, and the Storm Trooper.

I went back by myself later that night around ten, my wife had gone back to the room since she can't do simulators, and we'd been up since 7.

I should have just went at 10 in the first place. The wait for ST was 20 minutes, and Jabba's Hutt was completely empty.

The new Star Tours was fantastic - the 3D felt immersive rather than gimmicky, and it felt like MUCH smoother of a ride. The mix I got was Tattoine's Pod Race and (I believe) the planet that they were chasing that bounty hunter at the beginning of Ep II. I narrowly avoided the bum rush for the ride, so I didn't do it twice since the line jumped to 50 minutes.

After that, it was nice to go in Jabba's Hutt without a mob scene. I picked up the Stitch as Yoda exclusive figure, as well as the two passholder pins. I left my DVC card in the room, so I couldn't get that one, unfortunately.

I got to ride on Tuesday and it really is a great ride. The screen and the 3D are incredible.

Back