Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in. Fiddling a bit with bit and will be rearranging the detlof cubes soon to accommodate him with Pilot Luke. For the price I'm pleased, but I would be completely been gutted had I paid full cost. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty great here, the tailoring is awesome and that black gloss is eye catching, and I'm glad to have him. Pics soon.

I'm sure someone is going to cringe with the OT and ST crossover shelf, but I'll be honest, I like the ST Tie Pilot design more. Anyhow. This guy really pops on a shelf. I'm very pleased, for the price of course. I like the hexagonal base and the detail on the blaster is awesome. There isn't much here, but what is present is executed superbly. The ships are the Hot Wheels flyers that are about $4.99, $3.50ish right now at Wal-Mart. I had to order the X-Wing because, as expected, that's the one that would go first from stores. I may give it a paint wash, as it does have a lot of detail that gets lost in the solid color. But since these guys don't bring much in ways of accessories, the addition of the ships expands the visual offerings for a shelf.
4384f60bafa99fa4cab36ea9698c2ef2.jpg

Sideshow having there Black Friday sale and this guy comes down to $169 with free shipping. Put it on flex since funds not available at the moment but will probably pay it off so I can get it in time for Christmas. Will be my first trooper from VII. Looks amazing honestly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sorry if this off topic but can you pay off a figure when you can? Meaning if I do flex with 4 - $43 payments, can I pay 2 in a month if I have the money?

Sorry if this off topic but can you pay off a figure when you can? Meaning if I do flex with 4 - $43 payments, can I pay 2 in a month if I have the money?
I think you can. The most you can flex is 3 on the figure but there is a button I that you hit to pay it off earlier. That's what I'm going to do.

I think you can. The most you can flex is 3 on the figure but there is a button I that you hit to pay it off earlier. That's what I'm going to do.

Right, I know about the pay off button for the remaining balance but what I meant was to throw an extra amount at some random time? Make sense?

Yeah, I know. TFA is old news already. But I got this one last month for a crazy good price and am glad I finally picked him up. I felt that I needed another First Order figure, aside from the Jakku Trooper. The black uniform would contrast nicely with the white trooper armor.

Everything about this one has already been said. Sharp looking in all black uniform and polished armor. Helmet looks cool and although slightly undersized, it really doesn't distract at all.

So along with Rey & BB8 and Finn, that's pretty much it for me with TFA figures. (unless I were to find the Flametrooper and a snowtrooper for a ridiculously low price...) :wink1:

I've been seeing the flamer for ~$150 shipped on eBay lately. Not sure it's enough to bite as I don't have any more space but still tempting.

Love this guy. Wish I'd waited now, of course, for cheaper prices! Lol. I thought I was done with troopers but a cheap Flametrooper is tempting.

I know these two don't belong, but they both have 70s style buttons and rocker switches so I think it works. I'm really digging the look of the new tie pilot - I may need to get another at the current going prices.
63ab542d-3386-4184-999b-22be75adef1d_zpsfjxlnzda.jpg

Last edited:
Just for fun... I think this would look even more snazzy with a silver belt buckle and shoulder armor with Empire emblems. It would totally have an AT-AT driver vibe, just all black.

FWIW, I think the EpVII suit and body just looks more like a human body in a flight suit than the SS fabric suit/body.

dae3831a-a630-4fa5-8fe8-fdcdf2b7f1bd_zpsc96mflyk.jpg
20170223_140942_LLS-1_zpsuc5zltvm.jpg

Last edited:
... and last pics for today, I mounted the Hasbro Titanium helmet. The HT hose is a perfect fit for the respirator intake port on the Hasbro helmet.

Word of warning, the Hasbro diecast helmet definitely makes the figure more top-heavy. It took a tumble shortly after the last pic :thud:
20170223_185922_LLS-1_zpsjsnu835d.jpg

20170223_185955_LLS-1_zpsqfbtqltq.jpg

20170223_190124_LLS-1_zpsu5ndahh5.jpg

I ended up ordering the "Elite" TIE pilot helmet set from Target. I believe it's a Target exclusive, if not mistaken. Comes with a "Poe" X-wing pilot helmet.

Back