Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up ordering the "Elite" TIE pilot helmet set from Target. I believe it's a Target exclusive, if not mistaken. Comes with a "Poe" X-wing pilot helmet.

Yup, that's the one. Other than not having clear lenses, I think it's a very nice helmet on par with the HT sculpt. I think I even prefer the overall proportions of the Hasbro helmet.

... and last pics for today, I mounted the Hasbro Titanium helmet. The HT hose is a perfect fit for the respirator intake port on the Hasbro helmet.

Word of warning, the Hasbro diecast helmet definitely makes the figure more top-heavy. It took a tumble shortly after the last pic :thud:
20170223_185922_LLS-1_zpsjsnu835d.jpg

20170223_185955_LLS-1_zpsqfbtqltq.jpg

20170223_190124_LLS-1_zpsu5ndahh5.jpg

That looks great! How hard was it to remove/attach the hose and mount the head? I've never done anything with those hasbro helmets - but if it's not too hard I might order them and try it out.

Could you give me instructions? haha =)

There's about 1/4" of plug attaching the hose to the original helmet. You have to give a good yank and a few twists, but it should come out no problem. Just be careful to not squeeze and break off the little silver bits on the helmet. The plugs goes in much easier into the Hasbro helmet.

As for the mount, I didn't have a proper socket piece nor the patience to source one, so I just cut off a piece of a silicone grip off a mechanical pencil and hot glued it into the existing slot where the clear Hasbro helmet stand would attach. It's a tight fit with the neck ball, but works.

20170226_190802-1_zpslhmhwb4v.jpg

The helmets arrived yesterday and they quite good.

Both look fantastic and the Elite TIE pilot helmet will definitely be fitted on the HT figure, once I have some free time.

Presently I just have it sitting on the base. I've ended up putting the Poe helmet between the Rey and Finn figures.

I can easily see myself falling for this helmet collection, especially if they are all this nicely made.

We need more bad-ass female First Order elite soldiers (Phasma was a fail). I made her with a Triad Alpha 2.5 body, Hasbro Titanium head, and a "bustier" chest armor modified from a SS Imperial TIE. All the rest is stock FO TIE pilot, with the belt shortened.

I also have a Kristanna Loken TX head en-route :)

TIERO_1_zpstew6klhw.jpg
TIERO_2_zpst6z7xes1.jpg

TIERO_3_zpsrnimmrp5.jpg
20170302_224111_LLS-1_zpsb9ekcpwe.jpg

Last edited:
Cool mods :clap Been considering the helmet swap for some time now, but haven't had the time. Nicely done.

Kinda frustrating that the blast shield doesn’t come down on the helmet. Hot Toys prides itself on details... A bit surprised they looked past this.

One of my big gripes as well. It is just molded there. This is one of the few figures in my collection that I regret buying, he just isn't that cool. Wish I would have gone with Sideshow's OT pilot or AT-AT pilot instead.

One of my big gripes as well. It is just molded there. This is one of the few figures in my collection that I regret buying, he just isn't that cool. Wish I would have gone with Sideshow's OT pilot or AT-AT pilot instead.

Ok, good to see I’m not alone on that. Maybe one day (wishful thinking) we will get a full size 1:6 TIE Fighter with an even more detailed pilot included. I remember a convention a while back had one on display but I’m sure it’s just one of those things made for promotional purposes and will never see the retail light of day.

Anyone know how much these are selling for? I like mine but I am considering trying to slim down some of my many troopers lol.

Following the train wreck that was TLJ, and the inevitable disappointment of Ep IX, i can see a lot collectors selling their New Trilogy figures on for a fraction of what they paid a few years from now.

SS OT Tie + AT-AT are both amazing figures... :)

Following the train wreck that was TLJ, and the inevitable disappointment of Ep IX, i can see a lot collectors selling their New Trilogy figures on for a fraction of what they paid a few years from now.

That is happening now...First order Troopers New $119! Everything except Bloody FINN is a large drop in price from retail...

Original Trilogy > Sequel Trilogy - and this applies to figures as well...

New trilogy sucks + HT overproduced the figures = i'm selling my FO Stormtrooper for a 1/4 i gave for him and still nobody wants him. Worst buy ever. I can blame only myself, i was foolish to let hype get to me.

New trilogy sucks + HT overproduced the figures = i'm selling my FO Stormtrooper for a 1/4 i gave for him and still nobody wants him. Worst buy ever. I can blame only myself, i was foolish to let hype get to me.

I'd also like to sell my ST figures, but know I'll make a loss on them. So I'll keep them for now. They're not that bad to make a loss on I think.

Back