Star Wars Theme VS. Superman Theme

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Star Wars theme VS. Superman theme

Star Wars forever :rock :rock

:rock :rock Same here. I'll take the Imperial March over both themes though.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-bzWSJG93P8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-bzWSJG93P8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SOOOOOO hard to choose, but I pick Supes.

Going to see John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl next week and he usually plays both themes, so I'll let you know next week :lol

Oh hard to choose, both are great tunes
I went for Superman to make it a tie, but I agree with hairlesswookie, the Imperial March beats both, and so does Jaws and Indiana Jones.

Last edited:

Jaws is one of the most overrated themes ever IMO

Anyways, tight poll.

Jaws is one of the most overrated themes ever IMO

Anyways, tight poll.

The shark did not work, so the music became the Shark, that's how amazing the tune is.
I also love the music that plays when they are building the Shark Cage and the end theme of Jaws

I Think they both are iconic but since I was one of those kids that ran around with a towel for a cape, I gotta vote Superman.

Am I the only one who thinks the Indy flicks are John's best work?

Well I think the Raiders March is his best Theme of all time, but Star Wars is probably the best when it comes an overall collective piece of work, and I included the prequels in that, especially ROTS

I doubt it, but you clearly are the only one who feels it is his best work if given only the choice of Star Wars and Superman.:lol

Superman.

Williams top 5 scores IMO:

1. Superman
2. Raiders
3. Jaws
4. Star Wars
5. Schindler's List

NOTABLES IMO:

Jurassic Park
E.T.
Catch me if You Can
Black Sunday
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

There are certainly countless more, but these have heavy rotation in my ipod.

John+Williams+JohnWilliams1.jpg

I doubt it, but you clearly are the only one who feels it is his best work if given only the choice of Star Wars and Superman.:lol

Lol....I enjoy the SW score in the films, but i'm not a huge fan of them. I dig the PT scores though.

Back