Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Same way they did for TPM. They'll be gay for it for a decade and then start hating on it because it's the "hipster" thing to do. :lol

That's kind of what I expect. I don't think anything outside of the OT will be loved by older SW fans. Now, I think like the PT the younger generations will think much kinder of it.

Same way they did for TPM. They'll be gay for it for a decade and then start hating on it because it's the "hipster" thing to do. :lol

That's kind of what I expect. I don't think anything outside of the OT will be loved by older SW fans. Now, I think like the PT the younger generations will think much kinder of it.

The Sideshow Freaks board in 2020 will have polls like Who Raped Your Childhood?

George Lucas
Disney
Michael Fassbender (they'll hate him by then)

I think people will brace themselves for the first trailer. Within a few months I imagine a director will be announced and that will go a long way toward indicating whether or not Disney "gets" how to make a proper SW film.

Nobody will be TPM crazy now that the PT and CW are what they are but if it's TOR awesome everyone will certainly go nuts.

The jury was out on Marvel's take of the MCU but IM3, the first full movie made under Disney ownership, certainly looks pretty cool.

Too many acronyms Khev!

But yeah, I really can't see folks getting as excited as they were for the Phantom Menace. That was nearly 20 years after the previous Star Wars movie, and folks had all that time to build up anticipation. I figure a new Star Wars will be big, but relatively speaking I don't think it will be able to touch the geek insanity that was the Phantom Menace.

Looking forward to more of this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWNJHS9PBE[/ame]

I swear, it's like none of you realize that DISNEY MADE THE MARVEL STUDIO MOVIES. :lol

Jesus Christ.

Alright, the Avengers was made under Disney. :D

Still. I didn't see any Mickey Mouse **** in that movie....

I'm happy that Disney is taking over. This has the potential to be really great. Maybe we'll get a great cartoon that's equivalent to Disney's Avengers series(that is being cancelled pretty soon, unfortunately).

tumblr_mclorirz4p1qf8btso1_500.gif

Huh, I like some of the ideas floating out here, I wonder if they can avoid having to follow the old gang around.

It's funny that Lucas selling out could possibly be the best news the property could hope for.

Could they, perhaps, be bridging the gap between the PT and the OT? It's probably nothing, but I got to thinking about the 3D re-releases and realized that, by 2015, they'd have finished only the prequel trilogy.

Episode 2 and 3 are supposed to be out in 3D next year. They're ramping it up rather than doing 1 a year. I think that was announced at Celebration 6

I hope we don't get that same feeling like when Lucas announced he would be doing a prequel to the OT, then we were all like, "Yay!!"

Then we actually watched Ep. I, then we were all like,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/ame]

Episode 2 and 3 are supposed to be out in 3D next year. They're ramping it up rather than doing 1 a year. I think that was announced at Celebration 6

Ah, I see. Does that mean that we'll be getting the entire OT in 2014? :thud:

Exciting news.
Looking forward to seeing the new Star Wars trilogy made by Disney.

I didn't know we had two threads? But I want to see darthbtalon on the next episodes! Yes who the sexy actress to play her? Thesis the next 3 parts correct from the books? I hope it's a rated R movie! Talon would be so awesome!!!!! Please Disney make this happen!

I hope it's a rated R movie! Talon would be so awesome!!!!! Please Disney make this happen!

Sing along with me....Which of these things is not like the other? Which of these things just doesn't belong?

Sing along with me....Which of these things is not like the other? Which of these things just doesn't belong?

I dunno, I thought "Talon" and "Awesome" in the same sentence was worse of a contradiction :lol

Back