Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

And now it begins. Justin bieber for the main character lol.

As long as George doesnt write the script or cast the film, should be okay. GL is more of a broad strokes idea guy, dialogue trips him up too much.

How could a live-action SW story set after the events of ROTJ possibly suck?

ewoks1.jpg
Hey now! I enjoyed those as a kid. Haven't watched them since, but I am assuming that they hold up just fine.

Everytime I think of Disney, I think of kid *****. Goofy stuff. More like for ten year old kids. Hopefully they would make it serious, dark ones.

So this is the thread we have "discussion" about the movie? As opposed to........? :lol

Everytime I think of Disney, I think of kid *****. Goofy stuff. More like for ten year old kids. Hopefully they would make it serious, dark ones.
Their Pixar movies, though aimed at children, are more mature and sophisticated in their way than most "R" rated movies. . .for what that's worth. And I surely can't imagine something being more goofy than the prequel trilogy. Be hard to get much worse!

None of the old characters please. Start anew. No cameos of a aged Luke, Han or whoever either.

It'll be interesting to see how they fit Mickey Mouse and Pluto into Star Wars cannon. I might one of the few who is very skeptical of this. :monkey3

Curious to see if they chose Phil Collins or Elton John to score it.

2015 is a pretty quick turnaround. Was it confirmed as live action or animated?

I'm kind of excited about this. I don't see how it could possibly be any worse than the prequel trilogy.

My only fear is the recasting of Hamil, Ford and Fisher. You simply can't have Luke, Han and Leia without them imo. They ARE the characters.

The only way around that is to not include them in the story, or make it an animated/CGI film. I'd always prefer live-action, but if the main character trio is in the story I think animated will be the best way to do it.

Something like the Old Republic trailers would be great:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVyJP92TiVg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVyJP92TiVg[/ame]

Im so thrilled.. can someone pinch me ??? I mean.. we are going to see new star wars movies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im born August 77... so Im living with Star Wars since my birth...
I can not wait to continue this...

I hope they do kind of thrawn triology... or very far in the future to see maybe a DarthTalon :)

I'm liking the idea of setting this so far ahead that you don't need any of the old cast. Please.

I just hope its something fresh... well, as fresh as Star Wars can be.

Back