Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

something new would be good, 1000 years after where the chosen one is again born to bring balance to the force....an idea

Need to hear about casting before forming an opinion other than rabid curiosity.

Last edited:

I'm liking the idea of setting this so far ahead that you don't need any of the old cast. Please.

I just hope its something fresh... well, as fresh as Star Wars can be.

Carrie Fisher as Leia (modern day) :horror

Carrie Fisher as Leia (modern day) :horror

She's like Jabba now, but she was cute as **** back in the day:

196336d1246638103-carrie-fisher-unknown-shoot-white-shirt-grey-skirt-red-shirt-red-pants-sideboob-cf-3-.jpg

Everytime I think of Disney, I think of kid *****. Goofy stuff. More like for ten year old kids. Hopefully they would make it serious, dark ones.

Sounds like Lucasfilm will continue operating as its own entity, with its own people still in charge, like Pixar and Marvel. The Avengers turned out alright, didn't it!

Sounds like Lucasfilm will continue operating as its own entity, with its own people still in charge, like Pixar and Marvel. The Avengers turned out alright, didn't it!

Avengers was okay, but I believe it was already in production by the time Disney took over. We will see how the sequel turns out.

I think it would be a good idea to set it far into the future, like the Legacy era. Otherwise they'll have to recast the parts and I think that would be difficult to work with, mostly trying to get someone to replace Harrison Ford would be a big challenge.

In any case, I don't think they will directly adapt the EU stuff, nothing really lends itself to a 3 movie trilogy, but I think they might take elements of the EU.

Like people mention the Thrawn trilogy, but it's really not structured well for a movie trilogy.

Definitely gonna see Boba Fett. He'll probably be the main character. Him and "Hanz Solo" or something.

I like the idea of Hamil coming back as a Ben Kenobi type who has to mentor the new hero. I don't really see the point of bringing any of the rest of them back other than nostalgia.

I like the idea of Hamil coming back as a Ben Kenobi type who has to mentor the new hero. I don't really see the point of bringing any of the rest of them back other than nostalgia.
+1 for mark, it would be nice to see

Set it 100 years after Return of the Jedi.

No need to recast the core characters, start afresh with new adventures in a new world order. You could still include the droids... and Chewbacca and perhaps have mention of Han, Leia and Luke rebuilding the Jedi order and the New Rebuplic and they've now become figures of myth and legend.

I have hope with Kathleen Kennedy as head producer, she rarely makes a poor film.

I like this idea. Keep the mythos, but have new characters. :clap

totally agree, i want new characters, new races/planets.

Just got internet back on,stupid hurricane.I was walking around all day with no knowledge of this.I had to imediatly call my best friends and curse them out when I found out that he knew and forgot to tell me,he is going back on my s*%t list!!heck I might never forgive him.

Could they, perhaps, be bridging the gap between the PT and the OT? It's probably nothing, but I got to thinking about the 3D re-releases and realized that, by 2015, they'd have finished only the prequel trilogy.

One of the things I'm most curious about is how hard core SW fans will react to the first trailer and then eventually the movie.

One of the things I'm most curious about is how hard core SW fans will react to the first trailer and then eventually the movie.

Same way they did for TPM. They'll be gay for it for a decade and then start hating on it because it's the "hipster" thing to do. :lol

Back