Star Wars SSC SDCC whine thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we've got 12" R2 and C-3PO for Medicom collectors, Anakin for Clone Wars fans, a Clone Trooper for army builders, Thrawn for fans of the EU, and Han & Luke Troopers as SDCC exclusives. That's just the 12" figures--add to that a set of high end bronze Sith statues, Cody kicking off the SW LSB line, a Vader 1:1 bust (with an EX), a diorama of one of the most iconic lightsaber duels of the saga (with an EX), and a very cool and dynamic PF.

If you think this is anything but the greatest Star Wars lineup yet at SDCC, then I don't know what to say. There's something in there for everyone. I hate that I can't be there to see it all in person...

Actually Tom, your point is well-taken. It is indeed a varied lie-up of offerings.
There's just more this time around that it will be easy for me to take a pass on.

If you think this is anything but the greatest Star Wars lineup yet at SDCC, then I don't know what to say. There's something in there for everyone. I hate that I can't be there to see it all in person...

Yeah, well Sideshow is trying to please everyone and ends up pleasing almost nobody.

The only 1:6 OT offering is an expensive exclusive and the fourth and fifth characters they have milked from the Stormtrooper armour. Sideshow has some inexplicable fear of staggering Stormtrooper-related releases over time and with their usual business savy *cough* decided that bunching them all in one year was the best marketing strategy.

They go all out with some EU character I and many others were only dimly aware of with a $150 exclusive chair?!? Their infamous Endor Trooper 3-Pack has finally been dispalced as worst SSC SW offering ever. Seriously who makes these decisions?

Then they release a non-animated version of Anakin (who has already had what two or three 1:6 releases) from an animated version of Star Wars. And yet another prequel Trooper who I can't tell apart from the host of other prequel Troopers SSC and Medicom have already done.

The fact they keep pushing high-priced Medicom pieces on us as a response to their own failed design and decision making is an insult. Sideshow should be ashamed that they failed to produce a TIE Fighter pilot before Medicom and now Medicom has beaten them to the droids. In the future I am sure we can look forward to Medicom producing Snow Trooper, Biker Scouts and Tusken Raiders long before Sideshow gets its act together.

This is the worst SDCC from Sideshow I could imagine. They have lied to us suggesting this would be 'the year of armour' and floating names like the Tusken Raider and Greedo as possible releases to no avail.

I know the infinitely patient Sideshow apologists will be telling us to wait until Toy Fair about a week from now, the same way they were babbling about how great SDCC was going to be a month after Lando was released with no new character announcements.

Thank goodness for Hot Toys.

Yeah, well Sideshow is trying to please everyone and ends up pleasing almost nobody.

I love people who act as the voice of the community... seems many are very pleased with the offerings. Sorry Sideshow crapped in your cornflakes this year, but be happy you can save some money.

So sideshow was once again beaten to the chase with C3P0 and R2D2. Is there any speculation if SS will be producing their own versions of these characters or should we just buy these versions knowing sideshow won't get theirs out for another 6 years or so? What are you guys thinking?

Since this is the designated thread...I feel the need to rant.

Really nothing I want to buy with the latest offerings in 1/6

My interest in this 1/6 SW line is starting to wane. Don't get me wrong I love Vader and I thought that might bring my interest back, however I was more excited about Dogmal's Gonk droid. :joy

Also not really feeling new pics of sandtrooper, Piett, Lando, EU stuff, Han and Luke stormtroopers.... although the helmets look awesome!

I might buy AOTC clone....maybe

I'm not a regular basher of Sideshow in fact I have really enjoyed it (not really annoyed with getting things repainted) up to this point, but it seems we are moving backwards instead of forwards in quality and selection of the SW 1/6 line...To each their own though. I'm glad someone created this thread, so those of us could speak our peace without seeming like debbie downers in the threads where those are still enjoying them. I don't get off pissing on people's parades.

:monkey2...Rant over

I only collect PF's in the SW line, so I was more then happy with the Yoda & Clone Trooper. Something I totally didn't expect.

Little disappointed in a no show for PF C-3PO, but I didn't expect him to be shown yet. I was just wishing.

I only collect PF's in the SW line, so I was more then happy with the Yoda & Clone Trooper. Something I totally didn't expect.

Little disappointed in a no show for PF C-3PO, but I didn't expect him to be shown yet. I was just wishing.

very glad I focus only of the PF line. Yoda w/ Trooper is awesome, while I think the 1/6 offerings aren't bad, I do understand why some are unhappy. Gotta admit though, with each passing month, SS gets a little bit prouder with their 1/6 figs (not just SW) in the pricing area. With that increase in price, I've only seen modest gains in misc sculpts, accessories . . . etc (paint apps are an entirely different story, and not a good one)

128789468290983610.jpg

I am in total agreement with Star Puffs...Sideshow has disappointed me...and I love sideshow..but with the horrible decisions being made and prices sky rocketing... its a recipe for bankruptcy..which I dont want to see.

Im happy with the products they introduced this year. Prices went up a little but hey economy is a scale.

Sideshow is offering some quality items this year with some nice variety. However, I think there would be considerably more excitement among 1/6th collectors if they would have offered one of the clone commanders instead of the AOTC Clonetrooper.

Back