Star Wars SSC SDCC whine thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok..well, i am bored... let the whining go on...I HATE SS 1/6th!! now fight me for 3 days!!!:D

Of some of the stuff Sideshow displayed, all I can say is: THEY ARE BRILLIANT. Not the products, but Sideshow as a company. They know they can sell pretty much anything at exorbitant prices as long as it's big and reminds people of cool characters.

I do think its funny, that a sarcastic thread about whiners has actually become a haven for them. Relax people they're just collectibles...

Maybe they didn't get the joke? :lol

Oh, and by the way :rotfl @ predicting a company could go bankrupt without looking at any financial stuff from the company.

I do think its funny, that a sarcastic thread about whiners has actually become a haven for them. Relax people they're just collectibles...

But thats the point of teh forums right?
To discuss likes and dislikes or what have you, not, Awesome, must have, great fig, so cool. After a while that stuff is so boring, I especially love the thread with pages of, just ordered, got mine, me to...

Anyway SS is not even close to bankruptcy, they are making oney hand over fist Im sure.

Well of course that's what the forum is about... but that doesn't mean they weight and frustration people seem to experience is really needed.

I think sometimes those with constructive criticism feel lumped in with the whiners. Whiners are the ones who just make negative derogatory comments and are unable to make criticism with adding personal insults and invective. There are plenty of people who constructively criticize. I'll give an example.

Sideshow has gotten so cheap. They take advantage of us and cut corners knowing we'll buy because we want a high end collectible of whatever.

Versus

It's disappointing that the item doesn't have this or that. Lately sideshow's stuff doesn't seem as good as it used to.

Maybe not the greatest example, but I was trying to avoid saying anything others have said, I don't want to single anyone out.

No, thats a good example, and I hear what you are saying. I know Ive been guilty of the "you suck sideshow" posts. Thats more frustration then anything else.
But it pisses me off when, you say your disappointed and all of a sudden your a whiner. Again im sure collectors of the other lines wouldnt be to pleased if they got an EU/CW release only at the con.

Ive never once complained about the price or the quality, my only gripe is and always will be the selection processf or the 1:6 line.

Oh, and by the way :rotfl @ predicting a company could go bankrupt without looking at any financial stuff from the company.

Sideshow is a privately held company, so I can't see their financial information (believe me I would love to). Nevertheless I am a licensed professional whose job it is to analyse business transactions. Much of accounting is about making estimates and qualitative judgments. Like I said, when your prototype-to-production schedule gets noticeably worse over time that is not a sign of health for a manufacturing company.

LOL, I always love how everyone thinks they can run Sideshow better then Sideshow.

Open up your own company and show them how it's done then......... Otherwise I'd hope there are more important things in your life to be focused on.

No, thats a good example, and I hear what you are saying. I know Ive been guilty of the "you suck sideshow" posts. Thats more frustration then anything else.
But it pisses me off when, you say your disappointed and all of a sudden your a whiner. Again im sure collectors of the other lines wouldnt be to pleased if they got an EU/CW release only at the con.

Ive never once complained about the price or the quality, my only gripe is and always will be the selection processf or the 1:6 line.

Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes we all have a tendency to overreact when we are disappointed and we all have a tendency to overreact when someone criticizes.

I'll confess I'm a little disappointed as well that there have been three EU releases so far and none have been Mara Jade. :( How low did she place in the poll? I thought she was second.

Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes we all have a tendency to overreact when we are disappointed and we all have a tendency to overreact when someone criticizes.

I'll confess I'm a little disappointed as well that there have been three EU releases so far and none have been Mara Jade. :( How low did she place in the poll? I thought she was second.

Thats easy to figure out though, since SS female body needs upgrading..figure would look horrible.

For the people crying about no OT figures, had you noticed the Han & Luke Stormtrooper figures?

I would have preferred to see Snowtroopers and Hoth Rebels 1000x more than any of these three, but it's not like the OT was neglected. Both of the SDCC exclusives are huge OT releases, the diorama is OT, the 1:1 bust is OT, three of the last five figures released were OT (Rebel Fleet Trooper, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader), and the next three are OT (Piett, Sandtrooper, Lando Calrissian).

I believe the are talking about the announced new releases, not the ones we've known about for quite some time.

Back