Star Wars SSC SDCC whine thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy with the AOTC Clone. Thrawn and CW Anakin perhaps less so. However, remember the huge steps taken this year with the SW line. Previously we had some pretty dodgy headsculpts on some pretty dodgy bodies (ie monkey arm Luke), and it was just Jedi, Jedi, Jedi. I think the latest heads have been ok, with Hot Toys being involved the line should do nothing but improve, and it's got me excited again. We just had Vader, which is ok-ish, but the Stormtrooper was good after some futzing, the ROTS Clone is great, and we're getting a Sandtrooper later this year. Now add in an AOTC Clone and it's a pretty good run. My SW-money this year and next is all going to Sideshow. Two thumbs up (although one is wiggling)!

BTW, anyone notice the Captain Rex banner going up on the centerpiece character display (along with Darth Vader, Hellboy, etc.) above the Sideshow booth at SDCC. Does that mean that Sideshow is announcing some type of Capt. Rex product, possibly a 1/6 figure?

Rex was on the banner last year.

Glad you made this thread, hopefully everyones senseless cry baby whining can stay in one thread.

Wow, even with a thread dedicated to "whiners", there are still posters who come in to comment about their dislike of the "whiners" in the so-called "whiners" thread :huh:rolleyes:

Could it be that the complainers (apologist) about the whiners have become the whiners about complainers? :huh

Personally, I dont mind a light year...gives my wallet a break. I am not interested in any EU items, nor EP1 stuff, so I am pretty much passing on everything shown thus far.

If I collected a lot of statues, Cody would have me excited as it looks good....

with all the great announcements so far, there should be no whining at all. SS put out a great product in just about every line they have - how is this bad!?

Wow, even with a thread dedicated to "whiners", there are still posters who come in to comment about their dislike of the "whiners" in the so-called "whiners" thread :huh:rolleyes:

Its easier to antagonize when they are all in one place. Like shooting fish in a barrel. :lol

Lets try to keep the whining in here.

No Chewbacca?!?!
No C-3PO?!?!?
No R2-D2?!?!?
2 EU 12-inch figures?!?!
No Hoth?!?!?

Don't be dissapointed Shropt...it looks like they just added 12-inch C-3PO and R2-D2 :banana

Put me down with the folks that are disapointed with the SS offerings this year. But, hey with the HT DX Joker and the MK I Ironman still needing to be paid for I guess it works. Plus, the HT announcement that they have the license for Marvel movies. That is going to result in some serious spending on my part. So maybe SS should just make stuff from the EU and cartoons for a year.

But, I want a freakin snowtrooper people. Come on SS.

Amazing. For three years fans were whining for armored troops, now that we have them they are crying there are too many armored troops.

Thrawn is a great example of why SSC should have the SW license because I doubt any other company would take a chance on such an obscure character. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm happy they made him for the die hard fans.

Yeah, I must say none of these items interest me, save for the Sith Statues, which I will undoubtedly not be able to afford. I pretty much only collect 1/6 figures. I don't care for the AOTC Trooper, nor do I collect EU characters like Thrawn (I'm going to include CW Anakin in the EU category as well.)

Amazing. For three years fans were whining for armored troops, now that we have them they are crying there are too many armored troops.

Thrawn is a great example of why SSC should have the SW license because I doubt any other company would take a chance on such an obscure character. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm happy they made him for the die hard fans.

I for one was never a fan of armour and as such never once requested them. I get why they do the EU stuff, but it doesnt sell, so Im confused why they do them.

So we've got 12" R2 and C-3PO for Medicom collectors, Anakin for Clone Wars fans, a Clone Trooper for army builders, Thrawn for fans of the EU, and Han & Luke Troopers as SDCC exclusives. That's just the 12" figures--add to that a set of high end bronze Sith statues, Cody kicking off the SW LSB line, a Vader 1:1 bust (with an EX), a diorama of one of the most iconic lightsaber duels of the saga (with an EX), and a very cool and dynamic PF.

If you think this is anything but the greatest Star Wars lineup yet at SDCC, then I don't know what to say. There's something in there for everyone. I hate that I can't be there to see it all in person...

Back