Star Wars SSC SDCC whine thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome...now they can come out with 89 different clones and change a stripe color and make it like some huge pre order event....very disappointed...i thought they actually listened to what we ask for? Well they may listen but talk is cheap...blah. Its a NO for me on any of these.

:lol @ this thread.

1:1 Darth Vader Full Reveal Bust
1:6 AOTC Clone
1:4 Yoda kicking the ^^^^ out of a Clone PF
Obi v Vader ANH Diorama
1:2 Commmander Cody LSB with light up Palpatine
1:6 Clone Wars Anakin
1:6 Grand Admiral Thrawn (I loved the Zahn novels)

This year is the first year in a while that I'm actually really excited for SW SSC Offerings. Kudos to SSC!

Sideshow is $$$ this year. :chew:chew

Tarkin would have been awesome. I am a little disappointed that he's not among the offerings. With Vader out, he'd be a great announcement.

I'm not done here....Grand Admiral Thrawn?!?!?! We have no droids, no Hoth, no Tusken Raiders...but we have Grand Admiral Thrawn??? horrible!

I'm not gonna diss the selection, but my wallet is relieved that there isn't anything here that's screaming "Buy Me!" to me except maybe the AOTC clone.

I wish the Anakin was an AOTC one....I'll wait to see more pics before I decide...could be a good companion piece with the CloneObi...

I gotta wonder if there is more we haven't seen yet...it's still a little early...

Glad you made this thread, hopefully everyones senseless cry baby whining can stay in one thread.

Easy pass, ALL of it. Like others have said, it will give me time for my overheated credit card to cool off.

1/6 Needs: Tarkin, Tusken Raider, Biker Scout, Snowtrooper, Hoth Rebel Troops, Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, Boba Fett and some ROTS clone commanders.

And if you're going to go EU, give me a Imperial Navy Commando or Heavy Trooper from Force Unleashed or a bad ass EU Sith lord.

BTW, anyone notice the Captain Rex banner going up on the centerpiece character display (along with Darth Vader, Hellboy, etc.) above the Sideshow booth at SDCC. Does that mean that Sideshow is announcing some type of Capt. Rex product, possibly a 1/6 figure?

Oh, if they do a 12" Rex that'll be another thing to add to my buying list. I need him to complete my Clone Obi display.

Yeah, this has been a horrible let down for the 1:6 line. SS should be ashamed. I mean thrawn? come on, that's just beyond retarded. Nobody should be making these moronic 2nd rate EU characters until you've put out a large chunk of the classics. I mean they don't even have a character like greedo or boba fett yet they go ahead and produce admiral thrawn. Thrawns a moron anyway, the EU novels are totally second rate in all honesty. They really should not even carry the name star wars.

Yeah, this has been a horrible let down for the 1:6 line. SS should be ashamed. I mean thrawn? come on, that's just beyond retarded. Nobody should be making these moronic 2nd rate EU characters until you've put out a large chunk of the classics. I mean they don't even have a character like greedo or boba fett yet they go ahead and produce admiral thrawn. Thrawns a moron anyway, the EU novels are totally second rate in all honesty. They really should not even carry the name star wars.

Wow that is one way to make a first impression. Welcome to the board just be ready to be disagreed with on this.

As for the characters it is a nice mix. I would have liked to have had an OT 1/6 too, like Tarkin or something but overall it is really a great line up of SW stuff.

The big thing this year is the Vader bust. We dont always have to get something supper awesome every year in 1/6. Just remember there will be alot more announcements for the rest of the year still. Dont get to upset. Thrawn is more important to me than some of the characters they have already put out.

And we are also getting the Medicom R2 and 3PO. I know they arent Sideshow but the preview looks pretty good.

What happened to the 'year of armour'?
Where are Scout Troopers?
Where are Snow Troopers?

Their SW offering is an insult. EU and prequel figures seem a guarantee to alienate a huge portion of Star Wars fans, how can Sideshow not be aware of that?. I have no problem with them making them, but to introduce them at SDCC shows very little respect for or understanding of customers.

Sideshow has been implying they were working on characters like Greedo and the Tusken Raiders. Obviously they are either liars or their culture of secrecy and managerial incompetence which left also a year wait to get Vader is in high effect.

Thank goodness for the Hot Toys Marvel movies news.

For the people crying about no OT figures, had you noticed the Han & Luke Stormtrooper figures?

I would have preferred to see Snowtroopers and Hoth Rebels 1000x more than any of these three, but it's not like the OT was neglected. Both of the SDCC exclusives are huge OT releases, the diorama is OT, the 1:1 bust is OT, three of the last five figures released were OT (Rebel Fleet Trooper, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader), and the next three are OT (Piett, Sandtrooper, Lando Calrissian).

Back