Star Wars Sequels!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theropod said:
I think it's even more that he considers himself "retired in Wyoming" unless the paycheck is too much to pass up.

-theropod

Yep, good ole retiring in Wyoming with Ally McBeal. Well, at least with her, he can keep the food budget down....

I don't care about the reasons Ford would have for turning a sequel down (even if it's remotely true). It's a bad idea. Nothing can recapture the OT. Even the original actors and characters.

Some of my ramblings on this subject...

So Supershadow's back, eh?

I think the story's a croc o ****...

I don't think Lucas is planning the mythical "next trilogy".. He's got two television projects to keep SW going as it is...

And with the new "Indy" finally in "go" mode...well, there's Ford revisiting an old character right there. And Lucas himself so much as admitted that the new "Indy" is going to suffer from "Phantom Menace" syndrome...say what you will about that movie (I liked it), but it had all those years of hype and expectation behind it and it wasn't what alot of longtime fans were expecting so, despite it making $400mil plus in US dom, it's still considered a bomb by some.
Sound familiar? It will...around the time "Indy IV" makes it's debut...mark my words, critics will savage it, fans will blast it and it'll make $300+ mil and still be considered a flop....at least Lucas will get his production investment back, Spielberg's studio will make a handsome profit & Ford can take his big check back to the ranch and buy Calista a tic-tac for dinner.

Sorry 'bout the ramble, but...bottom line...the only "Star Wars" sequels we're getting are the animated "Clone Wars" show and the live-action show that may start production sometime this century...
You want Han Solo...gotta stick with the (increasingly unreadable) books that keep coming out...

What figure was this thread about again? :eek:

jedibear said:
What figure was this thread about again? :eek:

Actually, the thread is about possible sequels and Harrison Ford's participation, and we are staying remarkably on topic so far. If all goes as planned, a few more posts and we will be off on a tangent and in the Sandbox by Friday.

jlcmsu said:
Maybe you but not me.

That's why I said "most people". And as pickard said, it's easy to hypothetically turn down $20 million. Hell, I'd take a starring role in Gigli 2 for that kind of cash.

As much as I would love to see more movies I think trying to get the OT actors is way out of the realm now. If they some how pick up 25 years later with somebody trying to "restart" the empire that MIGHT work but leave the old actors out of it... I do not want to see a 80 year old Han.

tomandshell said:
Actually, the thread is about possible sequels and Harrison Ford's participation, and we are staying remarkably on topic so far. If all goes as planned, a few more posts and we will be off on a tangent and in the Sandbox by Friday.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Not all movie actors are just about the money. Willis frequently takes small roles for little pay just to work with specific people. He's probably doing it more for the fun of it than to grow as an actor - but it's not just about the $$$.

I hope, if the nightmare of post ROTJ movies comes to light, they'll at least be animated to save us the horror of re-casting.

Darklord Dave said:
Not all movie actors are just about the money. Willis frequently takes small roles for little pay just to work with specific people. He's probably doing it more for the fun of it than to grow as an actor - but it's not just about the $$$.

I agree.... Most actors or filmmakers started because they had a love for the craft, even if some of them eventually only come back for a slice of the green... Doesn't really bother me as long as they eventually squeeze out a good flick here and there.

I know that my aspirations as a filmmaker are genuine, at least now. And while making some money would be nice, I just really want to make movies that people like and hopefully work with some cool people.... I only hope that when the day comes and goes, that I still feel the same way.

Fame and fortune can change you... it's true... But some stay on the right path. Willis is a good example..... :rock

There will be other movies set in the Star Wars universe. We may just have to wait ten to thirty years. Lucas has said that he's closed the book on the Skywalker story but he's clearly open to other stories set in the same universe.

The reason we haven't seen any materialize, I believe, is that Lucas has neither come up with any story he feels worthy to make nor has he come across any in the EU that are worth making. Either this will change, the rights will go to family (perhaps his son AKA Zett Jukassa will make ones where he gets to play a Jedi again), or it'll be on TV in 30 years and the quality will be just as good as a movie.

madden821 said:
So what.. I'm only doing my job because of the money.

There's a pretty big difference between doing a job to survive and put food on the table versus doing it for an extra $40 million in the bank. It's called Greed.

Not all actors are in it for the money. There are many stars who are willing to work on a project for scale if they believe in the script and the Director's vision and are proud to be involved with. If Ford really believed in the Indy 4 script and Lucas could only offer him scale, I'm sure he would do it regardless of the paycheck but somehow I think for him it's more about the paycheck.

dekadentdave said:
There's a pretty big difference between doing a job to survive and put food on the table versus doing it for an extra $40 million in the bank. It's called Greed.

Ok, good point.

SuperShadow is still around???

I was reading his "interviews" with George Lucas they are insane! "Lucas" is downright insulting and crass! OMG!! I'm surprised Lucasfilm hasn't shut this guy down!

Darthrazz said:
SuperShadow is still around???

I was reading his "interviews" with George Lucas they are insane! "Lucas" is downright insulting and crass! OMG!! I'm surprised Lucasfilm hasn't shut this guy down!

Supershadow may be full of it but he's still entitled to free speech. It just breaks my heart when I see people actually believing in his BS.

Back