Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very dark and disjointed for sure. I wonder who would do the score for it? Would the characters look like the buff 90's figures?

I want to see micheal bay take on the reboot. Just to see fans rage out

This thread is proving that Star Wars is pretty much truly dead at this point...when the most interesting thing to say about your property is making fun of potential Michael Bay and Zak Snyder reboots it?s probably safe to say that your property has become creatively bankrupt.
Disney should have left well enough alone and allowed people to stick with fond memories of the franchise from their childhoods.

This thread is proving that Star Wars is pretty much truly dead at this point...when the most interesting thing to say about your property is making fun of potential Michael Bay and Zak Snyder reboots it?s probably safe to say that your property has become creatively bankrupt.
Disney should have left well enough alone and allowed people to stick with fond memories of the franchise from their childhoods.

Dramatic much? Dead?

Most visited park at WDW right now, first to sell out capacity? Having actually been to that park and seeing first hand the crowds and merch sales......it?s far from dead.

4 of Highest grossing films of the past 10 years?

Dead? Hardly. Maybe with some of the older collector fans it might be, but I could argue that forever, just like every damn SW thread for the past 10 years. It?s not dead, not by a long shot by the majority of fans. I think the collector base is shrinking, but I think overall figure collecting is a dying breed.

Nothing on this forum proves anything about SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dramatic much? Dead?

Most visited park at WDW right now, first to sell out capacity? Having actually been to that park and seeing first hand the crowds and merch sales......it?s far from dead.

Dead? Hardly. Maybe with some of the older collector fans it might be, but I could argue that forever, just like every damn SW thread for the past 10 years. It?s not dead, not by a long shot by the majority of fans. I think the collector base is shrinking, but I think overall figure collecting is a dying breed.

Not to mention a little show called the Mandalorian :lol

Dramatic much? Dead?

The ST is dead but Star Wars isn?t . Also collecting figured isn?t dying . Collecting 1/6th scale is

I had ROTJ on in the background a little bit ago and with this being the first time I watched the OT immediately after Solo I never realized the symmetry of Han and Chewie's first meeting in Solo vs. ROTJ. Both feature Han being dumped into a cell by bad guys and him hearing Chewie growl before seeing him. I found it kind of fun to recontextualize their embrace as being a bit of a "hey this is how we first met" kind of gesture, lol. Having Lando introduced in Beckett's old disguise helmet was pretty cool too.

Dramatic much? Dead?

lol.

Should I link you the dozens of articles (and even Disney themselves) talking about that park having low attendance and being a big bust, so bad they cut employee hours because no one was showing up? :lol

lol.

Should I link you the dozens of articles (and even Disney themselves) talking about that park having low attendance and being a big bust, so bad they cut employee hours because no one was showing up? :lol

Yes.

The parks overall are doing bad due to Covid.

If you actually try to make a park reservation right NOW on the WDW trip planning site, you will see with your own eye they only park currently at max capacity for reservations is.....

Wait for it.....

Hollywood Studios. Home of Galaxy?s edge. Having actually been there myself I can tell you it?s currently the most popular park.

Your internet articles be damned.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/10/photos-lo...ey-world-during-the-first-weekend-of-october/

Yes.

The parks overall are doing bad due to Covid.

If you actually try to make a park reservation right NOW on the WDW trip planning site, you will see with your own eye they only park currently at max capacity for reservations is.....

Wait for it.....

Hollywood Studios. Home of Galaxy?s edge. Having actually been there myself I can tell you it?s currently the most popular park.

Your internet articles be damned.

https://wdwnt.com/2020/10/photos-lo...ey-world-during-the-first-weekend-of-october/

:lol

It isn't because of COVID considering all these links are from 2019!

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-star-wars-galaxys-edge-low-attendance-high-cost

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2477906/disneyland-reportedly-cut-employees-hours-due-to-low-star-wars-galaxys-edge-attendance

Even your own linked site reports the same thing.

Bunch of morons in Florida jam packing a small area after not being able to do much isn't anything to brag about.

There are dozens of reasons for the parks being considered ?low? attendance . Especially post opening. Disney hyped it so much that most regular park goers avoided it for a later date, as I did. People were literally afraid to attempt a visit due to the constant warning from WDW about capacity and wait times.....they literally scared people away.

Combined with the fact they opened half a park initially with only 1 ride to speak of. Which had wait times of over 2 hours most of the day, and broke down a lot.

Many people, myself included , waited for the hype to die down a bit so we would?ve be mobbed in the park.

that......backfired ......drastically.

By the time many people finally decided it was easier to return , BAM.....Rise of the Resitamce opened.....and you had longer lines that ever. I went months after it opened and you had to be at the turnstiles a minimum of 2 hours before park opening, to get in. Then precisely at park official opening , you had to get a virtual que spot. Add to this the constant down time the ride had , sometimes for a full day and again a mismanaged mess.

Up until Covid, the virtual ques were all gone in about 1 minute......you heard that right, ONE MINUTE. Many casual park goers were shocked to learn they would not be able to ride ROTR at all, even though they got to the park slightly after opening.

The parks was so crowded in the weeks that followed you could barely find a spot to move. I have pictures of the claimed ?empty? parks, and as a regular park goer, I can safely say, it?s the most crowded area of any park I have been to, save the Magic Kingdom Christmas week.

I will agree the opening of the park was totally mismanaged, and botched continually. The organization was a mess, from virtual que, to food, to park flow. (Which is one way direction enter one way leave another.)

They way they limited to park goer to one time rides, and experienced really messed up people?s ability to go and actually experience the park at all.

Imagine coming from the other side of the country, hoping to ride the 2 rides there, only to learn you have to be at the gate 2 hours before opening just to ride a SW ride???

Once people learned that fact many bailed on the park altogether in favor of Avatar land where such restrictions we lessened.

Which is a shame, because it is an amazing experience. I suggest all SW fans go, you won?t regret it.

The downside of my visit? I actually GOT Covid there. I was at the park 2 weeks before they closed it down. I also got boarding group 2 for ROTR, got to fly the Falcon TWICE (sheer luck) has 2 visits to Olga Cantina and spend most of the day at Black Spire. It?s just a incredible place.

Did I see anyone with SW fatigue? No, plain and simple, No. On the contrary I saw young and Old having fun, chasing Chewie , taking pictures with the FO troopers, crowded shows, and lines for every single food , shop and attraction. I was only able to experience so much because I am a regular WDW visitor and know every trick in the book.

So no, there are way more people in my experience who still love the SW universe and will flock to see anything Disney produces. That little show The Mandalorian, is the talk of the town, and will likely be the biggest streaming show this season.

:lol

It isn't because of COVID considering all these links are from 2019!

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-star-wars-galaxys-edge-low-attendance-high-cost

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2477906/disneyland-reportedly-cut-employees-hours-due-to-low-star-wars-galaxys-edge-attendance

Even your own linked site reports the same thing.

Bunch of morons in Florida jam packing a small area after not being able to do much isn't anything to brag about.

This....I have visited the WDW Galaxy?s Edge location more times than I can count...was there on opening day and up until Covid took my kids to Hollywood Studios weekly.
Of course they were bored with Galaxy?s Edge and wanted to spend more time in Toy Story Land.
I also used to work with Scott Trowbridge the Lead Designer of Galaxy?s Edge.
With all of that said...the park is an exemplar of just how little mainstream interest there is in Star Wars...in fact Galaxy?s Edge flopped so badly that many of the folks involved lost their jobs as penance.
It is still equally impossible to get a reservation for Flight of Passage the ride based on Avatar...do you think that that is any indication of current enthusiasm for Avatar? Of course not.
People flock to Galaxy?s Edge because it is new and cutting edge Theme Park technology...they could not care less about the IP.
If Disney has made it Golden Girls Land and promised the same amazing new ride design and technology the lines would be just as long.
That?s how it works in the Theme Park industry...you build a new Attraction and people show up to experience it.
The fact is the lines should have been longer because it is Star Wars and that was not the case.

There are dozens of reasons for the parks being considered ?low? attendance . Especially post opening. Disney hyped it so much that most regular park goers avoided it for a later date, as I did. People were literally afraid to attempt a visit due to the constant warning from WDW about capacity and wait times.....they literally scared people away.

Combined with the fact they opened half a park initially with only 1 ride to speak of. Which had wait times of over 2 hours most of the day, and broke down a lot.

Many people, myself included , waited for the hype to die down a bit so we would?ve be mobbed in the park.

By the time many people finally decided it was easier to return , BAM.....Rise of the Resitamce opened.....and you had longer lines that ever. I went months after it opened and you had to be at the turnstiles a minimum of 2 hours before park opening, to get in. Then precisely at park official opening , you had to get a virtual que spot. Add to this the constant down time the ride had , sometimes for a full day and again a mismanaged mess.

Up until Covid, the virtual ques were all gone in about 1 minute......you heard that right, ONE MINUTE. Many casual park goers were shocked to learn they would not be able to ride ROTR at all, even though they got to the park slightly after opening.

The parks was so crowded in the weeks that followed you could barely find a spot to move. I have pictures of the claimed ?empty? parks, and as a regular park goer, I can safely say, it?s the most crowded area of any park I have been to, save the Magic Kingdom Christmas week.

I will agree the opening of the park was totally mismanaged, and botched continually. The organization was a mess, from virtual que, to food, to park flow. (Which is one way direction enter one way leave another.)

They way they limited to park goer to one time rides, and experienced really messed up people?s ability to go and actually experience the park at all.

Imagine coming from the other side of the country, hoping to ride the 2 rides there, only to learn you have to be at the gate 2 hours before opening just to ride a SW ride???

Once people learned that fact many bailed on the park altogether in favor of Avatar land where such restrictions we lessened.

Which is a shame, because it is an amazing experience. I suggest all SW fans go, you won?t regret it.

The downside of my visit? I actually GOT Covid there. I was at the park 2 weeks before they closed it down. I also got boarding group 2 for ROTR, got to fly the Falcon TWICE (sheer luck) has 2 visits to Olga Cantina and spend most of the day at Black Spire. It?s just a incredible place.

Did I see anyone with SW fatigue? No, plain and simple, No. On the contrary I saw young and Old having fun, chasing Chewie , taking pictures with the FO troopers, crowded shows, and lines for every single food , shop and attraction. I was only able to experience so much because I am a regular WDW visitor and know every trick in the book.

So no, there are way more people in my experience who still love the SW universe and will flock to see anything Disney produces. That little show The Mandalorian, is the talk of the town, and will likely be the biggest streaming show this season.

The mando is the only thing keeping Star Wars alive . Let?s be real here. Star Wars would be dead if not for that show . The ST pretty much fatigued it

One of my co workers went to the Disney SW theme park and pretty much said the same as you.. he stated it was nuts there. He also went long after the grand opening.. I don?t know how long but the ROTR ride was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back