Star Wars Popcorn Machines Sale!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are awesome but would it not be the same if you get a generic one and paste SW stickers on?

You could definitely do that, or hand paint them on! It all depends on what you're looking for.

Some things to consider....here was my wishlist (in order) -
Great quality, built for everyday use, made in the USA, professional looking (without the professional price), 6oz machine, aluminum warming tray, cart, +2yr warranty, SW logos.

There are less expensive machines out there that will work just fine for once a month usage or so. I needed something that would hold up to heavy usage AND have a professional look (and as a side note, although the SW logo is a stick-on, it looks like etched glass from a couple feet away).

Amazon and Costco both have some decent units. Costco has a combo unit that some of the home theater people like (search for elite popcorn). It's an 8oz machine/cart w/ 1yr warranty for $289.99+tax. Not super stylish, but it's probably good enough for the casual user or for converting into a SW popper.

As an FYI for comparison - the Paragon units have a lifetime warranty on the 4oz machines, and a 3yr warranty on the 6oz.
I got everything on my wishlist for <$450, and I've been looking for +5 years now! :)

Good luck in your search! If you build something, make sure to post some pics! Handyman work is always fun to admire!!!

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or pm me.

Those are awesome but would it not be the same if you get a generic one and paste SW stickers on?

You'd pay as much. I went with the 4oz, and it is only slightly smaller overall than the 8oz. I finished my HT about 18 months ago, my bar about 6 months ago, and I've been watching for a decent popper for the last couple years, knowing I'd get one eventually. Both Sam's and Costco get them in once in awhile, but they run around $300 and are far lower quality than this one.

I bought the Darth Vader version, and the shipping was killer of course, but these are very high quality, well made, and much more likely to hold up over time to use. I have mine all set up in the bar now, but haven't had time to try a batch of popcorn yet - hopefully this weekend!

Thanks for starting this thread, as I might not have seen them otherwise at this price!

really nice but after all do you think 4 oz will be enough?

i'm not sure between Vader version or revenge of the sith version

Wanted to post an update -

I received the popper and cart on Monday via UPS in two large boxes. Everything arrived in great condition and in working order. The only disappointment is that the "Star Wars" logo is not etched in the glass. It's a stick-on just like all the other machines. Also, the machine is a little bigger than I thought it would be, but it will be nice for parties and movie nights in the home theater!

Finally got a chance to pop the first batch last night and it's better than I expected. Definitely recommend!!!

Attached some pics for those of you considering -

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

Yea, I think the smaller one is fine for most people - seriously, how many people you plan on feeding popcorn at one time? :D Keep in mind it's 4 oz a batch, and you can just keep cranking the batches out if really necesssary.

No prob, Michael, and congrats on the purchase!!! :hi5:

Lucky - it's all in how you intend to use your machine (and think longer-term, like 4-8 years down the road). i think 4oz is good enough for most, especially with the lifetime warranty.

if you plan on having any kind of parties, though, especially kids or holiday parties, then it's worth it to step up. that was our case.

For a point of reference, 4oz packets can serve 2-3 people. The suggested serving size is 1oz per person, but I think it's really 1.5-2oz. Also, I have heard of people popping 6oz packages in the 4oz machine with good results, but YMMV as I have not seen this in person.

Maybe Michael can pop up a 6oz packet and provide his feedback! :)

Good luck with the decision. I had to sleep on it because we both really liked the Vader machine, but needed the 6oz one.

I just checked Iowa Popcorn (sister plant) and they told me that the 4oz and the 6oz Star Wars popcorn machines are only 2 year warranty. The Vader machine is sold out.

I just checked Iowa Popcorn (sister plant) and they told me that the 4oz and the 6oz Star Wars popcorn machines are only 2 year warranty. The Vader machine is sold out.

Sounds like the person you spoke with misunderstood or doesn't really know these machines, unfortunately.

From Paragon directly -

"The 4oz Machine, if for commercial use would have a 3 year warranty. If it is exclusively for at-home use it has a Life-Time Warranty.

The 6oz Machine has the 3 Year Warranty only.

Warranty covers Parts only, no labor."

Also, if you're interested in a machine, I would call Snappy Popcorn directly, as I believe these are still in stock with them.

Yep, and they make a big deal about getting your registration card in right away for the warrenty to be valid.

That's what I asked him and he said since they were made by Paragon for Snappy Pop, their warranty is 2 years on both the 4oz and 6oz. They are not considered Paragon popcorn machines although they are made by Paragon. I purchased the 6oz Sith popcorn machine and I should have it by Friday. Maybe Michael can confirm buy checking the paperwork shipped with his Sith 6oz. Shipping for me was $101 and I tried to talk them down but they kept saying since I was getting a free cart that they couldn't do anything, not even a discount on purchasing their popcorn. I checked with Iowa Popcorn, their sister plant and they only have the white 4oz in stock. https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/dsid.gif

That's what I asked him and he said since they were made by Paragon for Snappy Pop, their warranty is 2 years on both the 4oz and 6oz. They are not considered Paragon popcorn machines although they are made by Paragon. I purchased the 6oz Sith popcorn machine and I should have it by Friday. Maybe Michael can confirm buy checking the paperwork shipped with his Sith 6oz. Shipping for me was $101 and I tried to talk them down but they kept saying since I was getting a free cart that they couldn't do anything, not even a discount on purchasing their popcorn. I checked with Iowa Popcorn, their sister plant and they only have the white 4oz in stock. https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/dsid.gif

Not sure what to tell you. I talked to Paragon AND Snappy Popcorn before purchasing and they both told me the same warranty coverage in writing. Also, the warranty card that comes with the unit is from Paragon and it states a 3 year warranty. Sounds like the guy you're talking to is full of crap or you're buying a refurb.

FYI - I have the 6oz machine. Michael bought a 4oz.

Yep, I bought the Vader. And haven't had time to pop a single batch yet! Trying to get the yard ready for summer season, and we tend to entertain a lot from May to Sept, so getting ready takes awhile. But the popper should get used this weekend!

Yep, I bought the Vader. And haven't had time to pop a single batch yet! Trying to get the yard ready for summer season, and we tend to entertain a lot from May to Sept, so getting ready takes awhile. But the popper should get used this weekend!

:rotfl

I know the feeling! I have ours in the upstairs kitchen until I can finish off the basement.

A heads up that you may want to dump the first batch. Ours tasted ok, but the 2nd was much better. Guessing it just needed to be greased down first. :lol

Have fun and enjoy!

As I was cleaning the machine today after a big use yesterday, I realized how greasy the bowl has gotten over the last couple years. I know you're not supposed to use any water products on the bowl itself, but just wiping it out doesn't do a whole lot to clean it at this point. Anyone with one of these have a solution?

Back