Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So she doesn't care about the 2 children that came into the world... She prefers to die, lose the will to live and go to Nirvana...

It would have been better if they said either " Her airways are constricted, she is having trouble breathing clearly or the labor is too much for her. "

Basically it was a mess of dialogue, especially Dooku's " Twice the pride " line.

Regarding the Padme dieing discussion...
Then there's the confusion with the Emporer saying "It seems in your anger, you killed her her."

The NOOOOO!!!!!! Would have worked better if it happened while he was force breaking everything in the room. There's just way too long of a pause before the line is delivered that it becomes comical. When he broke free he should have fallen to his knees.

I'm guessing she felt they would be safer if she was out of the picture. If she was still alive and Vader could "feel her presence" he'd be able to track her down and get to the kids. That's what I'm going with anyway. :monkey1

I'm guessing she felt they would be safer if she was out of the picture. If she was still alive and Vader could "feel her presence" he'd be able to track her down and get to the kids. That's what I'm going with anyway. :monkey1

I like that concept! That she sacrifices herself so that her children can be safe from the sith. I doubt if that is what GL implied, but I like your idea :)

I think overall both Anakin and Padme's character development was way too rushed and sloppy - from when they met on Tatooine clear through to the birth of Luke and Leia. GL tried to squeeze too much into Episode II and III.

I really think Episode I should have started off with Anakin already a teenager - instead of a snotty little 10-year-old. This would have eleviated quite a few problems:

1) No snotty little 10-year-old brat. I just didn't like the kid who played baby Anakin.

2) The age difference between Anakin and Padme wouldn't be so glaring

3) They could have started Anakin's turn towards the dark side in Episode I instead of trying to illustrated it just in II and III. A teen Anakin allows for more exploration of deep dark emotion that you just can't do with a 10-year-old Anakin.

4) With a teenage Anakin in Ep I - Lucas most likely would have scrapped Jar-Jar.

I feel the whole prequel series got set up on a bad foot by having Anakin so young in the first movie.

The reason he was so young in the first one (from what I have read) is becasue George wanted to show that he was 100% happy, pure, innocent good kid that turned bad. If he was older and was all ready kind of bad to begin with the entire story wouldn't have been the same.

Not that I agree with it but thats the explination I have heard.

I like the idea of the story starting with Anakin as a little kid, you get to see where his fears and anxieties come from, as well as his basic good nature, his willingness to always want to help/save people.
That it wasn't particularly well written or acted is another story...

The dialog between Anakin and Obi=wan in their duel. "from my point of view the jedi are evil." You've dceided to ally yourself to a man who has been manipulating the government for the last 15 years, caused the deaths of millions of innocent beings in the universe and the Jedi are evil for wanting him removed from power? I never felt love was enough of a catalyst to turn Anakin. If Palaptine had framed the jedi in the attempt on Padme's life in Episode 2 or made it appear Obi-wan had tried to harm her in some way then that would have been a much more powerfull push.

This is where the Clone Wars series has a real chance to redeem much of what we see in ROTS, IF THEY DON'T SQUANDER THE OPPORTUNITY THEY HAVE BEFORE THEM. They really need to have the best part of a season devoted to Palpatine's careful, subtle, and deliberate manipulation of Anakin, distorting his perception of the jedi's motivations, making him question loyalties while strengthening his loyalty to the Chancellor. The jedi feed into this anyway with their "I don't trust the boy attitude". Would love to see Anakin sent on a mission, covertly arranged by Palpatine, where he comes into contact with a Sith holocron containing the teachings of, say, Darth Bane and begins to really question the teachings of the jedi. Then explore Anakin's desire to have the power to use the force to save people he cares about from death (I can think of a couple of potential characters who's demise could bring this desire to a head). Add into the mix the love triangle that Lucas had originally intended between Padme, Obi-Wan, and Anakin in Ep I, where Anakin mis-reads the friendship between Obi-Wan and Padme and becomes increasingly jealous (there are distinct overtones of this in ROTS) and you have the recipe for the final fall of Anakin Skywalker to the dark side.

Although I think ROTS is the best of the PT, it has THE worst dialog and scenes in movie history.

Anakin and Padme on the balcony- NO ONE had the balls to tell george "This is the worst directed scene in film history"

Oh, and Dr. Ball said it best on Robot Chicken concerning Padme's will to live.

Your post is the "worst trolling in internet history":horror The only difference between me and George is I had the "balls" to tell you:monkey1

PT+CW+OT=SW for me

I've said it before and I'll say it again there are virtually the same problems in both the PT, and OT just some folks choose to overlook them because of the time in their lives in which they saw them.

OT, especially SW and ESB, are cinema classics, and both do not have any problems whatsoever. ROTJ, while also a classic, does have some issues.

PT will never be considered cinema classics, simple as that.

They are good to watch if you want a good laugh though.

OT, especially SW and ESB, are cinema classics, and both do not have any problems whatsoever. ROTJ, while also a classic, does have some issues.

PT will never be considered cinema classics, simple as that.

They are good to watch if you want a good laugh though.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. :duff

Back