Statue Star Wars Mythos – Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot of people were surprised to see these ES sell through in such a short period of time. Good luck on your WL.

I called SS about my waitlist for this and the vader, they said they doubt it will convert. She suggested I go through the secondary market for it.
I joined feb 14. I will wait it out. Hopefully everyone gets one! :)

I called SS about my waitlist for this and the vader, they said they doubt it will convert. She suggested I go through the secondary market for it.
I joined feb 14. I will wait it out. Hopefully everyone gets one! :)

It's very unlikely that everyone on the WL will get one, but I'm sure a select few will. Others will have to either wait for a deal around forums such as this one or head off to ebay and pay the increasingly high price.

At this point it's early enough that there may be people still making Flex Pay payments and either cancel or have their cards declined. So it's possible a few wait-listers may get lucky.

will ss still entertain replacement for bent or flawed parts?seeing that this is OOS...

They were replacing bent ones, how bent I don't know as some were worse then others. Also bent rifles a small issue? Really? :p

They were replacing bent ones, how bent I don't know as some were worse then others. Also bent rifles a small issue? Really? :p

Trust me, it's a big issue IMO. But, SS views all their pieces differently and will replace certain things and won't replace others. In the end, it's up to them as much as we might disagree with them.

Trust me, it's a big issue IMO. But, SS views all their pieces differently and will replace certain things and won't replace others. In the end, it's up to them as much as we might disagree with them.

They definitely did replace some though, probably not anymore but I remember people getting replacement weapons. Problem with their replacements is they also had some bends, not normally as terrible but the molds for this must have been totally ****ed. I mean the pistol and the rifle cause if the rifle and pistol weren't bet it would have been impossible to even get them on the statue. Also no idea what happened with the neck. Someone dropped the master? :p

guys,in a hypothetical situation:
lets say i have two offers for this mythos with a price diff of $50
Set A: box has been opened, the parts inspected and assembled to demonstrate it is ok and sold as new
Set B: box has never been opened,equivalent to factory sealed and is also the slightly pricier

which would you go for

Because it's better to have confirmation that the statue is in good condition. If you buy it sealed you're taking a risk that there's a broken piece or paint defects or something. This isn't like an action figure where it suddenly loses most of its value if it's opened.

may i know why is that a preferred choice?

Because you then know that what you are buying is actually intact, everything is there and in mint condition. Boba Fett is sold out. If you bought the unopened one, and he arrives damaged or missing a part, you're SOL.

Yeah for a high-end statue like this, i prefer opened and inspected just to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, sealed means nothing for stuff like this. It's not like you can see it while it's inside the box (like action figures and the like) so there is no extra value for being sealed, only mint. And polystone is pretty fragile so often it breaks during shipping, or the piece has QC issues. With a sealed piece you may or may not get one with issues and it's too late for replacements.

Because it's better to have confirmation that the statue is in good condition. If you buy it sealed you're taking a risk that there's a broken piece or paint defects or something. This isn't like an action figure where it suddenly loses most of its value if it's opened.

Because you then know that what you are buying is actually intact, everything is there and in mint condition. Boba Fett is sold out. If you bought the unopened one, and he arrives damaged or missing a part, you're SOL.

Yeah for a high-end statue like this, i prefer opened and inspected just to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, sealed means nothing for stuff like this. It's not like you can see it while it's inside the box (like action figures and the like) so there is no extra value for being sealed, only mint. And polystone is pretty fragile so often it breaks during shipping, or the piece has QC issues. With a sealed piece you may or may not get one with issues and it's too late for replacements.

:lecture :exactly: All of the above.

Just bought one off Ebay! Deal was good enough that I didn't want to wait for my Waitlist to fulfill. I will post pics when I get it!... Now to wait for Vader Waitlist to fulfill.

Back