Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Live action and Clone wars TV shows

From the new post i posed last page,i was wondering if aurra sing might be included in that group of BH's

From the new post i posed last page,i was wondering if aurra sing might be included in that group of BH's

I'm nervous about this.... Star Wars on a TV budget. I foresee a lot of people sitting in a room, the odd incidental effect and a final "we saved the best for last" quick battle to resolve the end of each episode. Star Wars is as much about eye candy as character, anyone who doesn't think so should ask someone who saw Star Wars for the first time on the big screen when the big Star Destroyer emerged on screen at the beginning, that scene stunned people, the rest is history. They really need to keep that sinergy with the movies and not cop out by using the word 'gritty' a lot to promote the series.

D

I'm nervous about this.... Star Wars on a TV budget. I foresee a lot of people sitting in a room, the odd incidental effect and a final "we saved the best for last" quick battle to resolve the end of each episode.

In other words, more like the original film.

Works for me. :rock

In other words, more like the original film.

Works for me. :rock

no... on a TV budget. More like The Adventures Of Lois And Clark!:emperor
Not like the original film........at all........in the slightest!

D

I am hoping for the quality of Battlestar Galactica (yeah, the new one). BSG has a lot of plot, but a lot more character developement than a lot of main stream network shows. I hope that the SW TV show is on one of the cable networks like The Sci Fi Channel. I think it could find a real home there. If it has the quality of BSG and the heavy character depth that is alluded to, it could be very good.

Now, realistically, I am guessing that it will end up more like "Lost in Space" (yeah, the old one) and be shown on TBS.

Edit - I can see it now...C-3PO coming out from behind a rock waving his arms at the elbow yelling "Danger! Danger Luke Skywalker!".

As long as the TV series gives the ambiance of the original star wars universe and not the prequels, I'll be interested.

source: MTV.com
  • 140x105ev2.jpg
EXCERPT:

As we all know the “Star Wars” saga is far from over with not one but two television series in development. The live action series is set to take place after the events of Episode III meaning a Mace Windu appearance ain’t looking so likely BUT there’s always the new CGI animated Clone Wars series.

And Sam Jackson sounds game to return.”Yeah, absolutely,” Jackson told MTV News today when asked if he’s interested in voicing the Mace Windu character in the new series. “I would love to,” Jackson said when asked if he’s ready to be the ill-fated Jedi warrior once again. Most exciting of all? Jackson confirmed that Lucas and company have expressed interest.

“I have talked to them about it,” he said.”A lot of people love that character,” Jackson continued, pondering the continuing adventures of the only Jedi on record to wield a purple lightsaber.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008
February 12, 2008

A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc. Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

"I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," said George Lucas, executive producer of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."The theatrical debut of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is only the beginning of all-new Star Wars adventures that continue in the fall when the long-awaited television series premieres on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT. Details regarding international broadcasts will be announced shortly. Star Wars: The Clone Wars showcases an entirely new look and feel to the galaxy far, far away -- combining the expansive scope of the Star Wars Saga with state-of-the-art computer-generated animation. Each week, viewers will see a thrilling, 30-minute "mini-movie" created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old will join such favorite characters as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala, along with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka. Sinister villains -- led by Darth Sidious, Count Dooku and General Grievous -- are poised to rule the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights. Their exploits lead to the action-packed battles and astonishing new revelations that fill Star Wars: The Clone Wars."Warner Bros. and Turner are uniquely positioned to deliver on the enormous potential of The Clone Wars because together they offer a world-class opportunity: the theatrical and home-video distribution of Warner Bros. and the broad reach of the Turner Networks," said Micheline Chau, President and Chief Operating Officer of Lucasfilm Ltd. "This terrific combination hits the key demographic groups, ranging from kids to adults, that make up the Star Wars audience."

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution, added, "This is a breakthrough project -- returning Star Wars to the big screen in a completely new way while beginning an exciting new chapter in George Lucas' legendary saga. We immediately felt that it would be a fantastic theatrical event and are thrilled to be bringing it to moviegoers." "Nothing like this has ever been produced for television," said Stuart Snyder, President/COO Turner Animation,Young Adults & Kids Media. "For 30 years, Star Wars has shown that it appeals to a huge breadth of fans. The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network will be appointment television for everyone in the family. We're thrilled to be working with Lucasfilm again and very excited to be playing a role in bringing this remarkable adventure to viewers."With a new story each week, Star Wars: The Clone Wars continues the tradition of thrilling stories, astonishing visuals and extraordinary music that have always been the hallmarks of the Star Wars Saga.
Lucasfilm Animation, which is based in Marin County, Calif., with a studio in Singapore, has produced more than 30 all-new episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and production continues on even more exciting episodes.
The first in a planned series of special web-only documentaries that chronicle the development of Star Wars: The Clone Wars debuts online today, and can be found here.

Wait so The Clone Wars is going to be released in movie theaters 1st then on TV or am I getting it wrong?
:chew

Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15.

:chew :chew :chew

I am taking my son, that's for sure!!

So will they just give us the first three episodes back to back in theaters, or will the initial theatrical feature actually be a stand alone introduction/prelude to the series?

And it's really good to hear that they have been talking to Samuel L. Jackson, and that he's interested in doing the voice for Mace.

It seems they're just taking the first three episodes and having it as a movie, not split--more like on the Clone Wars DVD's where it just goes naturally to the next one.

Makes me wonder though if it'll be playing in 3D in theaters, good fit. I just hope it's not cheesy.

if they feel its warranted twould make sense for Lucas to go for box office takings for the 1st three episodes rather than just selling the entire show to a network, I suppose for more mullah !

I mean its been a while Lucas might be Skint :rolleyes:

However if they didnt air the 1st three shows on TV first and you hadnt gone to the theatre to watch them, Im guessing the TV show might be a bit confusing

So id half expect them to air the 1st three episodes on TV as well as the theatre

I am cool with this; my crap cable company still doesn't offer HD, so I will have to download these online to see them as they were meant to be show: HD!!!!!

August eh?

That means I'll be free to go and queue up for a week...

I doubt they will show it in theaters here and if they do, they will most likely translate it to danish:emperor:banghead Ain't no f@#%ing way i'm watching Star Wars in danish!! That goes for all animated movies they translate. It's Sounds like crap:yuck

Honestly, I don't like the idea of having to pay for stuff that I'd normally get for free on TV.

Would you like it if the first 3 episodes of LOST/Heroes were shown in a theater?

Back