Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Live action and Clone wars TV shows

My question is the following...If there are no Jedi, can this series succeed?

My question is the following...If there are no Jedi, can this series succeed?

Would ANH have worked if we had only Han & Chewie as the heroes?...:chew
I think it can work without the Jedi... The real question/concern should be interesting characters portrayed by actors who can act.

Find a Harrison Ford in a Han Solo type role and the plot'll be golden.

If the Obi-Wan Kenobi and/or Yoda Characters make small appearances in the LATVS, they wouldn't necessarily need to be involved in the rebellion. The could dedicate an episode to showing Ben helping Luke out of some mess without Luke's knowing about it. Or something like that.

According to Uncle George there will be no mention of the Skywalker family, or any of the "mains". This would mean no Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Ben, Yoda, Lando. Only possible would be Vader simply because of how important he is in the Imperial aspect and even then I'm not too sure.

Neil. I see your point, but for 6 movies, Star Wars has pretty much been about the Jedi vs. the Sith.In fact two movies have actually had the words Jedi and Sith in their titles. If we had had never known any of this, absolutely Star Wars would have been successful with other characters.

My concern is that this show will not have any Jedi story arc and that might make the plot suffer a bit. I think that the writers will have to make us "forget" about the Jedi and not yearn for a light saber battle here and there.

Neil. I see your point, but for 6 movies, Star Wars has pretty much been about the Jedi vs. the Sith.In fact two movies have actually had the words Jedi and Sith in their titles. If we had had never known any of this, absolutely Star Wars would have been successful with other characters.

My concern is that this show will not have any Jedi story arc and that might make the plot suffer a bit. I think that the writers will have to make us "forget" about the Jedi and not yearn for a light saber battle here and there.

That's why we are getting more emphasis on Rebels vs Imperials. I dunno about you but I could see basically a Star Wars war/espionage show doing very well. The Jedi are but one aspect of a larger universe.

I'd like to see at least a few jedi get whacked extermination style ala vader or a bounty hunter for hire.(i bet boba's gonna get a few)

There has to be Jedi especially since they are still around right after ROTS. What we'll be in the middle of is not only the Young Rebellion striking at the Emerging Empire but also the Jedi Purge. Vader would be easy to cameo as he is an actor in full suit and I'm sure JEJ would do any voice work if needed. I'd love to see the Jedi picked off by the Lord of the Sith in the midst of this war.....

There has to be Jedi especially since they are still around right after ROTS. What we'll be in the middle of is not only the Young Rebellion striking at the Emerging Empire but also the Jedi Purge. Vader would be easy to cameo as he is an actor in full suit and I'm sure JEJ would do any voice work if needed. I'd love to see the Jedi picked off by the Lord of the Sith in the midst of this war.....

Sweeps? :lol I at least hope that we see why Vader says "No Disintegrations". What would be REALLY fun is to see all EU thrown on it's head with comic based characters getting whacked in the show especially if they are supposed to be around later. :D

no Jedi in 100 possible episodes?

it won't happen.

I have a feeling that we'll have a lot of pod racing in this series for some reason.

I love pod racing so thats good to me,I thought that was one of the best parts of TPM.

I love pod racing so thats good to me,I thought that was one of the best parts of TPM.

Wow...I don't know what to say to that. Besides the end fight, I don't even know if there WAS a "best part" of TPM......

There was a few best parts in TPM to me.

DOTF
Pod racing
Palps politics of manipulation
Qui-gon-jinn
Padawan kenobi

Mostly it was just small bits.

I think if they started out TPM with Anakin being around 15 and went through the same motions it'd make more sense. Also I felt that Anakin needed to show more anger in the beginning and throughout TPM to really get the feel that this was a loose cannon. It would have been great if he won the Podrace by out "Sebulba'ing" Sebulba and really shown his aggressive behavior.....TPM for me just didn't fit in the whole Anakin Skywalker story......

Lucas tried to show how good/innocent anakin WAS and how wrong he could go..To sum it up in short. (TPM anakin didn't bother me nearly as much as ep3's fast turn to the darkside for a chick did)

I woulda liked it if he were 15 myself but alas..........

Im really hoping that this series will work, with good writers and directors on board there is hope. I just worry it will feel more like an extention of the prequels and fail to capture the magic that made the OT so good.

This was McGregors main criticism of the Prequels, not the methods involved in shooting. He's made it very clear in the British media, most notably on a Friday Night Chat Show a year or so ago, that the prequels were not very good, he almost seemed embarrassed about the whole thing.

I think if they started out TPM with Anakin being around 15 and went through the same motions it'd make more sense. Also I felt that Anakin needed to show more anger in the beginning and throughout TPM to really get the feel that this was a loose cannon. It would have been great if he won the Podrace by out "Sebulba'ing" Sebulba and really shown his aggressive behavior.....TPM for me just didn't fit in the whole Anakin Skywalker story......

I saw TPM with a friend of mine and at the end of the movie, he thought that Anakin, was LUKE as a kid! :slap

I've always assumed that some Jedi survived and there could be at least one or two episodes with lightsabers. I don't think I'd miss Jedi, but I'd really miss the lightsabers. :monkey2

Back