Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Live action and Clone wars TV shows

I've always assumed that some Jedi survived and there could be at least one or two episodes with lightsabers. I don't think I'd miss Jedi, but I'd really miss the lightsabers. :monkey2

Well with all those Jedi dead, and all those loose lightsabers laying around, there's a good chance a bunch of intergalactic scum have them now.

there is so much content to explore the show practically writes itself... how does the Emperor continuously protect the truth from Vader behind his creation? how does a young Fett, with a hate on for all things Jedi and his father's face stamped on an Imperial army deal with his demons? will Aurra Sing become a mentor to Fett. could Qui Gon's legacy allow other past Jedi to mentor from beyond the grave? imagine the relationships that could be explored! if done right, the Star Wars live action show could not only trump the prequels, but even possibly live up to the OT.

Tuesday January 15 2008

source: Star Wars Insider #99

MCCALLUM QUOTES:

• "The series will be about brand new characters, a group of people we haven't seen yet, except Boba Fett, who will be an instrumental part of it. The series will also showcase other bounty hunters."

• "What happens to an empire. It's a much darker, much more character-based thing. It's not as plot-driven." "...look like a feature on a television budget, with all new characters, new environments, new planets, and trying to keep the storyline alive for a lot of people."

• "We have two great writers from England, one from Australia, and three from the United States." "...in order to develop the 'bible' for the characters, in other words who they are and where they're going to go, along with some of the story ideas. We're going to try and hash out the first three or four episodes."

EXCERPTS:

• Four Concept Artists have been working on designs for the show. One of which is Erik Tiemens, who worked on Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith.

• McCallum says they hope to have the first scripts by February 2008 since a November 2007 meeting was cancelled due to the Writers Guild strike. Lucasfilm may be making an independent deal with the Writers Guild of America.

• McCallum tells Star Wars Insider they hope to be shooting by the end of 2008 or early in 2009.

• McCallum says they hope to have the first scripts by February 2008 since a November 2007 meeting was cancelled due to the Writers Guild strike. Lucasfilm may be making an independent deal with the Writers Guild of America.

Man, he doesn't let anything stand in the way of his vision. :lol Good news for us, anyway.

"It's not as plot-driven"

oh no.

That means just what he said it's more character based.(should be interesting)

So Boba Fett will be instrumental in this. So will he be more of a villain or a gun for hire for both the young rebellion and young Empire? An agent looking out for just his best interests? This is going to interesting, at least.

I wonder if Jimmy Smits will reprise his role.

new characters? I smell the holiday special revisited. I wonder if Bea Arthur is under contract yet.

Ponderance: I wonder how much commercial time will cost on the "Feature on a television budget"

Query: Is there a quote saying there would be no Jedi? Or was it just no main characters from the movies such as Kenobi, Skywalker, Skywalker, Solo...etc?

Observation: I don't see having AOTC and ROTS on your resume as being a positive for a concept artist.

Observation 2: I don't see any reason to believe this is going to be a cheesy production. And as GL has MERCIFULLY chosen to veer away from plot-based stories, I am sure "Bucky the Jawa's" Kloo horn plight has been scratched, although after Jar-Jar Binks, it would stand to reason that Bucky may be around for the "character-based" aspect of the series.

Last edited:

That means just what he said it's more character based.(should be interesting)

Ditto. It only means each episode will introduce new characters and therefore new plots.

Why? Production design/concept art was pretty much the best thing about the prequels.

I am truly sorry that I have to differ with you so very strongly on that. Although I found a very few of the machines to be cool, most of them looked stupid to me, looked incredibly unlikely to be feasable to me, and looked years ahead of the OT vehicles in design to me as well. And that was a key issue that made it difficult for me to see the PT as PREQUELS to the OT. Even with the OT characters that died being in the PT. It seemed surreal to me. Like it was Star Wars, but from a different dimension or a re-vision of Star Wars.

My only hope is that the series has more of a serious/dramatic bend to it as opposed to stuff trying to sell toys to kiddies. I'd like to see something maybe even a bit darker.

But of course my big hope is that this doesn't just totally suck. Because that would really be a shame and waste of a cool opportunity.

I can say one thing for sure. I can not wait for Sideshow's figures from the TV shows! And I really hope they do some kind of limited animated version of any they may do from the animated series. Maybe like a extra head, hands and accessory. Or make it one of the Con exclusives that so many people seem to hate.

I am truly sorry that I have to differ with you so very strongly on that. Although I found a very few of the machines to be cool, most of them looked stupid to me, looked incredibly unlikely to be feasable to me, and looked years ahead of the OT vehicles in design to me as well. And that was a key issue that made it difficult for me to see the PT as PREQUELS to the OT. Even with the OT characters that died being in the PT. It seemed surreal to me. Like it was Star Wars, but from a different dimension or a re-vision of Star Wars.

The blame for all of that lays squarely at the feet of one George Lucas. He is the one who drove the type of designs he wanted and then utilized so much CG and technology in the rendering of the films that added to the visual dichotomy between the two trilogies.

My point is, looking more advanced than the OT or not, there was some spectacular design-work done on the PT, particularly on settings and costumes. Erik Tiemens is one extremely-talented dude. He's also the one who developed the color-scheme that Lucas used in ROTS to reflect mood and tone from lighting and color in each scene as the film went on. Pay particular attention to the progression of the Coruscant skyline the next time you watch the movie. That's brilliant stuff, and argubaly conveys more emotion and tonal depth than any of the actual characters onscreen.

Last edited:

Ponderance: I wonder how much commercial time will cost on the "Feature on a television budget"

Query: Is there a quote saying there would be no Jedi? Or was it just no main characters from the movies such as Kenobi, Skywalker, Skywalker, Solo...etc?

Observation: I don't see having AOTC and ROTS on your resume as being a positive for a concept artist.

Observation 2: I don't see any reason to believe this is going to be a cheesy production. And as GL has MERCIFULLY chosen to veer away from plot-based stories, I am sure "Bucky the Jawa's" Kloo horn plight has been scratched, although after Jar-Jar Binks, it would stand to reason that Bucky may be around for the "character-based" aspect of the series.

Calm down...HK-47...I saw what you did there...:D

I cannot wait for these...I was at Celebration Europe when the Clone Wars trailer premiered...I WAS THERE...It was SO cool...then Rick McCallum walked past and everyone cheered...

I thought Boba Fett had lightsabers...doesn't really use them, but I'm sure he has some...

The blame for all of that lays squarely at the feet of one George Lucas. He is the one who drove the type of designs he wanted and then utilized so much CG and technology in the rendering of the films that added to the visual dichotomy between the two trilogies.

My point is, looking more advanced than the OT or not, there was some spectacular design-work done on the PT, particularly on settings and costumes. Erik Tiemens is one extremely-talented dude (he's always the one who developed the color-scheme that Lucas used in ROTS to reflect mood and tone from lighting and color in each scene as the film went on).

OK - Can't deny that. Some of the sets and costumes were incredible.

Edit - LOL...all in fun, BH.

Last edited:
Back