Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I never liked was how bad a$$ the Jedi is in the cartoon yet so lame in the movies. They were so easy to kill in episodes 2 and 3 it was insulting.

That's what I've been saying. You truly get the right idea for what I feel like the jedi can do (or should do). Maybe in the 70's and 80's they looked powerful for Hollywood, but in this day and age with superhero films, powerful videogame characters having such a huge impact, and action stars doing such demanding things with their bodies, the jedi and sith need to be upgraded. I have never read a Star Wars book in my life outside of Shadows of the Empire (which I read when I was like 13) but at least on screen Maul was still the best warrior to watch (that Obi Wan/Anakin fight was pretty good though).

But in the Clone Wars (both of them really) the jedi and sith are cut loose. Quick, agile, strong, skilled, tactical, and powerful force users. But watching Anakin duel with Dooku, Ashoka decapitating the Deathwatch when they had her surrounded, Mace Windu on Ryloth, Bariss Offee fighting Anakin in the temple, Yoda versus Sidious, Kit Fisto and Grevious, Maul vs. Pre Vizla, Luminara (sp?) and Ashoka taking on Asajj, Savage Opress/Asajj Ventress/Dooku and then against Anakin/Obi-Wan, as well as the two brothers against Sidious. There were so many great battles and you really got the sense that even the lesser known, "weaker" parts of the Jedi Counsil will tear your ****ing head off.

Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi are nododt to mess with, but in the movies they do diddlysquat.

That's what I've been saying. You truly get the right idea for what I feel like the jedi can do (or should do). Maybe in the 70's and 80's they looked powerful for Hollywood, but in this day and age with superhero films, powerful videogame characters having such a huge impact, and action stars doing such demanding things with their bodies, the jedi and sith need to be upgraded. I have never read a Star Wars book in my life outside of Shadows of the Empire (which I read when I was like 13) but at least on screen Maul was still the best warrior to watch (that Obi Wan/Anakin fight was pretty good though).

But in the Clone Wars (both of them really) the jedi and sith are cut loose. Quick, agile, strong, skilled, tactical, and powerful force users. But watching Anakin duel with Dooku, Ashoka decapitating the Deathwatch when they had her surrounded, Mace Windu on Ryloth, Bariss Offee fighting Anakin in the temple, Yoda versus Sidious, Kit Fisto and Grevious, Maul vs. Pre Vizla, Luminara (sp?) and Ashoka taking on Asajj, Savage Opress/Asajj Ventress/Dooku and then against Anakin/Obi-Wan, as well as the two brothers against Sidious. There were so many great battles and you really got the sense that even the lesser known, "weaker" parts of the Jedi Counsil will tear your ****ing head off.

Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi are nododt to mess with, but in the movies they do diddlysquat.

Maul and Opress Vs. Sidious was one of the coolest things I've seen in anything Star Wars related. On a side note, I'd love to see Mandalore on the big screen.

The fight between studious and the Jedi in Episode 3 should have been aaaawwwwwsssssooooommme! Instead it was totally lame. I know he's a sith lord but against three Jedi masters it should have lasted longer and been way better. If it was a Clone Wars episode it would have been cool!

The fight between studious and the Jedi in Episode 3 should have been aaaawwwwwsssssooooommme! Instead it was totally lame. I know he's a sith lord but against three Jedi masters it should have lasted longer and been way better. If it was a Clone Wars episode it would have been cool!

So true. That scene was a complete letdown. Everything leads to a build up and it fails to deliver on all accounts.

So true. That scene was a complete letdown. Everything leads to a build up and it fails to deliver on all accounts.

And some actors just aren't convincing with a lightsaber. And thats not an issue that is exclusive to the prequels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What I never liked was how bad a$$ the Jedi is in the cartoon yet so lame in the movies. They were so easy to kill in episodes 2 and 3 it was insulting.

You think thats bad, watch Genndy's original Clone Wars cartoon and see Grievous hammering whole groups of Jedi solo (including a group composed of Mundi, Secura, and ShakkTi, with a couple others) then review his performance in the live movies. Its like night and day. :lol

Genndy's CW was amazingly well done! The animation was superb and the action was frenetic! I'll have to put those in again soon and rewatch them.

I loved the episode where Mace took on that huge floating tank thing! If he was like that in the movies order 66 would have been nothing!

Genndy's CW was amazingly well done! The animation was superb and the action was frenetic! I'll have to put those in again soon and rewatch them.

Agreed. Asajj vs. Anakin was very well done, especially with the rains drops hitting the light saber. I don't understand why the PT Lightsaber duels have to be so crazy fast. You can take a few moments to breathe like the Asajj Vs. Anakin fight I mentioned.

This has probably been talked about before, but something just dawned on me. If Bariss Offee was imprisoned at the end the Clone Wars series, how is she in EP3? Maybe they never got to completely finish that story. I mean we all though Echo was dead, right?

Also I reeeeeeeealy hope they make the live action TV show. I find a weekly TV show is a way better platform then a 2 hour movie. You can simply tell so much more. Marvel and DC have been doing it for a while now with great success so I'm hoping it'll happen.

Also, I'm anxiously awaiting the Rebels show. I'm actually curious to see if it will fly given that the entire cast is brand new. My first impressions of the new main character "Ezra" was..."Hey its the kid from The Jungle Book." Oh yeah right its Disney :slap. They have there work cut out for them. Having said that, Ahsoka was a brand new character I enjoyed her very much, even though a lot didn't.

I'm not going to read what was posted because I just started watching season 6 but the first 3 eps were awesome!!! (aside from the rock music during the raid scene in the first ep.)

I love the med droid, much better execution for a comic character than that stupid frog general in season 5.
The emperor's voice isn't so bad this season, is it still Tim Curry?
Shaak Ti is very well used
The story is amazing!

Love it so far.... dreading ep 5 with Padme.

She isn't in ep 3

maxresdefault.jpg

No, she was one of few jedi that were not in ep3. Some were edited out in post, but I believe its been said she was never included, even in principal filming. Probably why they chose her for that story arc.

Alright so I just binged on the whole season and on the whole it was great. There were some valleys but some very nice stuff too.

The Order 66 arc was brilliant. Loved the part in curoscant, really felt like Star Wars.
The Banker arc was better than I anticipated with Padme. It has a decent, if a bit exaggerated, Anakin becoming Vader moment and best of all was the sly tactic of Palpatine and his gaining even more power. Very reminiscent of his nomination as Chancelor.
The Jar Jar arc was the worst by far but it had it's moment, mostly the parts with Windu who kicked ***.
The Syfo Dias episode was great but sadly it felt rushed and it's a shame they used 2eps on Jar Jar when they could have done 2eps on this instead.
The Yoda arc was a mixed bag for me. I loved the part on Dagobah and the part on Korriban (I chose to ignore the stupid name change), I liked Yoda's journey and the introspection and him becoming more like his older self. But I wasn't a fan of the middle episode and particularly what they did to the Force masks things.

All in all it was very cool though.
I also enjoyed all the little hint to other films. Temple of Doom in the Jar Jar arc, Alien in the intro to Syfo Dias....

Did anyone else notice the Francis Ford Coppola Dracula theme in the first episode of season 6?

Totally didn't notice that and I listened to the soundtrack in my car just weeks ago.

No, she was one of few jedi that were not in ep3. Some were edited out in post, but I believe its been said she was never included, even in principal filming. Probably why they chose her for that story arc.

So then that's potentially another one that survived Order 66?

Back