Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How was he exempt? I can only see it as the clones understanding that he is no longer a Jedi by the time they encounter him. They're not robots, right, they have a genetic impulse and drive to kill the Jedi once the order is given, but they're not mindless.

How was he exempt? I can only see it as the clones understanding that he is no longer a Jedi by the time they encounter him. They're not robots, right, they have a genetic impulse and drive to kill the Jedi once the order is given, but they're not mindless.

It makes sense though. One can argue the 501st were given the order not to kill Anakin, but you also have the Shocktroopers and the Coruscant guards who were also clones. So it makes sense that there'd be some kind of exemption for Anakin.

After reading everyone's comments (thank you) I assume after Ani left Palpy's office he (Palpy) instructed the clones again that Ani-Vader is part of the new order or something, something...

I know it's all just Star Wars mumbo jumbo, but I always got the sense that the the order triggers a genetic impulse to kill Jedi without question or doubt, but it's hard to believe you could implant something genetically that would target or exempt a single individual. I dunno, this is probably why it's never mentioned, ultimately it doesn't matter.

I'm sure Palpatine could have spread word that Anakin has been cast out from the Jedi Order and idealy the 501st would believe that the Jedi are out for power. They'd honorably fight for Anakin if the Jedi are made to look like the bad guys. And Anakin and the Council were splintering for a while before that and Palpatine had full control over it.

It's really not that complex.

1) Palpatine wrote Order 66.

2) Order 66 gives Clones the signal to murder their Jedi Generals.

3) Palpatine's eyes have been on gaining Anakin as his apprentice since at least TPM.

4) 501st Clones march with Anakin (now Darth Vader) to destroy the Jedi Temple.

It is pretty explicitly implied by these four things that Anakin was never in any danger from Order 66.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we all understand that. We're just talking about if and how a single individual could be exempt from this signal, which is genetic. We know Anakin was not in danger, just guessing as to why. Or how, rather.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we all understand that. We're just talking about if and how a single individual could be exempt from this signal, which is genetic. We know Anakin was not in danger, just guessing as to why. Or how, rather.

Maybe ROTS just didn't show the callback, "Oh... and, uh... BTW, Skywalker's a Sith now so don't shoot him. K, byeeee!"

If you watch season 6, its pretty clear that the chip has exempted him, as Pixel said, Palpatine had this all planned out from the start and had been grooming Anakin all along. They have Tup clearly look full vision at Anakin who is standing right beside him, the other sister jedi walks up, who isn't even in the alcove, he shoves the medic and Anakin out of the way to attack "the Jedi". Another thing that supports this whether accidental or not, is the fact that Anakin takes the 501st to kill every young Jedi (who would not have yet been born when the chips were manufactured and thus not identified as "Jedi" in the program)in RotS, instead of just having the 501st or Shocktroopers march in and ambush the kids who wouldn't be expecting an attack from the Troopers.

Of course Palpatine could have also done the update to exclude Anakin when they did the recall on all the clones prior to RotS, but that still doesn't explain Tup not being attacking Anakin.

The Clone Wars are an after thought. They expand on and create things whole cloth that were never in the films. I'm not arguing against it, but some people dismiss the show altogether, a lot of goofy things happen in it. Again, no one is saying that Anakin wasn't exempt, we're just speculating as to how. The "chip", which is biological, seems to inhibit the drive to kill Jedi, and I'm just saying I'm not sure how you would be able to single out one individual either way.

It's sort of like saying you have a man that has a strong genetic impulse to kill frogs, then you clone him and rebuild the impulse for killing frogs into a drive to kill only blue frogs when a certain word is said. But the Anakin thing is like saying, they now have the drive to kill blue frogs except for a blue frog named Bob.

Haha, like I said, it's not really important, just Star Wars nonsense that's fun to waste time thinking about.

The Clone Wars are an after thought. They expand on and create things whole cloth that were never in the films. I'm not arguing against it, but some people dismiss the show altogether, a lot of goofy things happen in it. Again, no one is saying that Anakin wasn't exempt, we're just speculating as to how. The "chip", which is biological, seems to inhibit the drive to kill Jedi, and I'm just saying I'm not sure how you would be able to single out one individual either way.

It's sort of like saying you have a man that has a strong genetic impulse to kill frogs, then you clone him and rebuild the impulse for killing frogs into a drive to kill only blue frogs when a certain word is said. But the Anakin thing is like saying, they now have the drive to kill blue frogs except for a blue frog named Bob.

Haha, like I said, it's not really important, just Star Wars nonsense that's fun to waste time thinking about.

If you haven't already, and you ever get the chance, I strongly recommend Traviss' Republic Commando novels (and the last, Imperial Commando 501st). They paint a much better picture of the clones and, hell, Mandalore as a whole, than how it was all handled by LFL.

I've never read any of the Star Wars novels. I remember hearing a lot of grumbling about the Mandalorians and the books when they first showed up on the animated series.

Rewatching these episodes again. The more I watch the more I hate the manner in which Fives goes out. The moments up to his death he is not trusted or he is looked at as crazy and nobody ever gets to see everything he truly figured out.

Thats one thing that I have never really liked about star wars. All the characters I like all die in really lame or unflattering ways. :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wolffe-storm.jpg

Perhaps for the last time, Commander Wolffe in all his glory.

I've never read any of the Star Wars novels. I remember hearing a lot of grumbling about the Mandalorians and the books when they first showed up on the animated series.

The Mandalorians and their home planet were pretty fleshed out by the books from Karen Traviss and then in the TV show they did something completely different (and really stupid) which ruined everything that had been setup.

View attachment 98700

Perhaps for the last time, Commander Wolffe in all his glory.

These guys looked really cool in that episode.

The Mandalorians and their home planet were pretty fleshed out by the books from Karen Traviss and then in the TV show they did something completely different (and really stupid) which ruined everything that had been setup.

I don't the story, but I know this is one of the many reasons a lot of people dismiss the show.

What I never liked was how bad a$$ the Jedi is in the cartoon yet so lame in the movies. They were so easy to kill in episodes 2 and 3 it was insulting.

Back