Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Bariss might have died in order 66 in the comic

Half the new season is pretty good but the other half is pretty awful--the bank stuff was just absurd--1 big bank for the galaxy, and during a war it funds both sides? And it has one person in charge? And the government can appoint someone in charge? And what was the point? Sure Palpatine got more power, but he didn't need it, it was irrelevant to him becoming Emperor. Also, it was already clear that the Banking Clan had joined the Separatists in Episode II

And of course the Jar Jar stuff was the worst, not just for the Jar Jar stuff but Mace Windu was written very strangely and made no sense.

I think Bariss might have died in order 66 in the comic

Half the new season is pretty good but the other half is pretty awful--the bank stuff was just absurd--1 big bank for the galaxy, and during a war it funds both sides? And it has one person in charge? And the government can appoint someone in charge? And what was the point? Sure Palpatine got more power, but he didn't need it, it was irrelevant to him becoming Emperor. Also, it was already clear that the Banking Clan had joined the Separatists in Episode II

And of course the Jar Jar stuff was the worst, not just for the Jar Jar stuff but Mace Windu was written very strangely and made no sense.

But he kicked *** :)
The bank stuff wasn't as bad as I expected. For something centered on Padme, which are often annoying, I enjoyed it. It was obviously a big riff on Switzerland in WWII.

Even when the arc is nice there's things that aren't great in each ark. During the jedi raid in ep1 the crappy rock music. In the bank eps the way Anakin goes a bit too over board and how Padme is uncharacteristically over friendly with Clovis. In the Syfo Dias episode the way Obi-Wan and Anakin look like noobs int he Force when Dooku is standing behind them doing a force choke and they can't even feel it.... and the Force masks.
As usual I'll make my best off and use that for future viewings.

Now when do you guys think these eps took place? To me it feel like there are smack in RotS maybe towards the middle.
The clone arc could happen anytime honestly but the Jedi discovering all this, Dooku revealed as Tyranus feels more RotS.
The bank arc I feel is also mid-way through RotS because of the heavy tension between Padme and Ani. At the beginning of the movie they are still friendly and also the emperor is really starting to 'coach' Anakin. Or maybe we can concider they made up by the time RotS rolls along.
The Yoda arc seems to make more sens within RotS also. As Yoda sees all the Jedi dying, the younglings, "there is another skywalker", Sidious many times (you'd think he would recognize him).
Are we too assume he knows all and doesn't tell anyone? That seems implausible but he could be realizing that this battle is lost but he must safeguard the information for A New Hope and in the end winning the war.

Well the series is over so here's my final best of:

- Pilot and Malevolence arc - 1.1-4 Ambush, Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, Destroy Malevolence
- Rookies - 1.5 stand alone
- Hidden Enemy - 1.16 stand alone
- Ryloth arc - 1.19-21 Storm Over Ryloth, Innocents on Ryloth, Liberty on Ryloth
- Cad Bane arc - 1.22 & 2.1-3 Hostage Crisis, Holocron Heist, Cargo of Doom, Children of the Force
- Hunting Grevious arc - 2.9-10 Grevious Intrigue, The Deserter
- Bounty Hunters - 2.17 stand alone
- Zillo Beast arc - 2.18-19 The Zillo Beast, The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
- Vengeance/Bobba arc - 2.20-22 Death Trap, R2 Comes Home, Lethal Trackown
- ARC Troopers arc - 3.1-2 Clone Cadets, ARC Troopers
- The Nightsisters arc - 3.12-14 Nightsisters, Monster, Witches of the Mist
- Mortis/Force arc - 3.15-17 Overlords, Altar of Mortis, Ghosts of Mortis
- Citadel arc - 3.18-20 The Citadel, Counterattack, Citadel Rescue
- Ahsoka Lost arc - 3.21-22 Padawan Lost, Wookie Hunt
- The Battle of Umbara arc - 4.7-10 Darkness on Umbara, The General, Plan of Dissent, Carnage of Krell
- Slavers arc (just for the Force choke and the Rex headshot!) - 4.11-13 Kidnapped, Slaves of the Republic, Escape From Kadavo
- A Friend in Need (Useful for season 5, good development of Asoka and awesome x4 combo) - 4.14 stand alone
- Deception arc - 4.15-18 Deception, Friends and Enemies, The Box, Crisis on Naboo
- Ventress in Exile arc - 4.19-20 Massacre, Bounty
- Maul arc - 4.21-22 & 5.1 Brothers, Revenge, Revival
- Darth Maul: Crime Lord arc - Eminence, Shades of Reason, The Lawless
- Ahsoka Fugitive arc - 5.17-20 Sabotage, The Jedi Who Knew Too Much, To Catch a Jedi, The Wrong Jedi
- Order 66 arc – 6.1-4 The Unknown, Conspiracy, Fugitive, Orders
- Clovis arc – 6.5-7 An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis, Crisis at the Heart
- The Lost One – 6.10 stand alone
- Yoda arc – 6.11-13 Voices, Destiny, Sacrifice

That's 68eps out of 121.

The mission, the nightmares... they're finally over.

Last edited:
Im going back and watching the series again. 6 episodes in and now that I know the characters well the clones im catching more about them that I like. Just watched rookies again. Also cool to see how Wolffe started again before being the hardened veteran with the cybernetic eye. And sith asajj > witch asajj

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So then that's potentially another one that survived Order 66?

I've wondered if/how heavily the new series will feature jedi that escaped Order 66. I know Yoda is supposed to be one bad mofo, but its weird how he was the only one that could sense betrayal out of all the jedi. It would be a cool twist to see her actually pop up again. Someone mentioned she was slain in the comics during Order 66, so I guess it would depend on if thats considered canon or not.

I have a feeling the "Rebels" crew will run into exiled Jedi's. I saw Filoni was gonna answer questions on FB, all I could think of though was if there were any plans for Echo to guest star in Rebels.

Anyone know if there will be a bluray box set of all 6 seasons? I'm pretty sure it will be probably around the time Rebels comes out, but has anyone read anything definite?

Anyone know if there will be a bluray box set of all 6 seasons? I'm pretty sure it will be probably around the time Rebels comes out, but has anyone read anything definite?

i already have the first 5 on bluray fitting nicely on my shelf so I won't double dip on that one but I do hope they release the Lost Missions at least.

Knowing Disney, they'll release a nice box set of all 6, knowing some people will double-dip. I'm just waiting for the stand alone release as the box of seasons 1-5 is fantastic already.

Hope so, thats why I didn't snap up the box set.

Anybody else ever wonder why Anakin seems to be the only jedi who doesn't get a clone commander? Plo Koon has Commander Wolffe, Kenobi has Cody, Luminara gets Gree, aayla secura has commander Bly but anakin only gets a captain? A captain that has skills that impresses even the most distinguished commanders but yet remains a captain after numerous missions without being rewarded a higher rank. Not to mention, Rex has ARC trooper type of equipment. I wonder if it has anything to do Order 66. Maybe Rex wasnt planted with a chip or his chip was programmed different? Rex just seems to be accomplish much more than his title suggests and is a free thinking clone. Without his story getting its proper ending I always found Rex's rank a bit confusing.

Anybody else ever wonder why Anakin seems to be the only jedi who doesn't get a clone commander? Plo Koon has Commander Wolffe, Kenobi has Cody, Luminara gets Gree, aayla secura has commander Bly but anakin only gets a captain? A captain that has skills that impresses even the most distinguished commanders but yet remains a captain after numerous missions without being rewarded a higher rank. Not to mention, Rex has ARC trooper type of equipment. I wonder if it has anything to do Order 66. Maybe Rex wasnt planted with a chip or his chip was programmed different? Rex just seems to be accomplish much more than his title suggests and is a free thinking clone. Without his story getting its proper ending I always found Rex's rank a bit confusing.

Before the show, he did have Commander Appo, who was Sgt. Appo in one of the Umbara episodes. Rex was supposed to be him originally but George didn't want another "A" named character after Anakin & Aksoka.

Before the show, he did have Commander Appo, who was Sgt. Appo in one of the Umbara episodes. Rex was supposed to be him originally but George didn't want another "A" named character after Anakin & Aksoka.

I did hear that a while ago. But still weird to me that Rex has that particular rank. I mean they could have let Rex be higher ranked than Appo and then either have Rex die or leave the Republic the last season. I mean I personally always expected Rex to end up dying in some matter of fact way that would be a blow to Anakin and help him grow bitter towards the jedi. I always wanted Rex to live but I fugured Rex wouldnt make it out of the series and he would make way for Appo in RotS.

It's really not that complex.

1) Palpatine wrote Order 66.

2) Order 66 gives Clones the signal to murder their Jedi Generals.

Perhaps these two things are related. Order 66 is an order to the Clone Commanders to kill their commanding officer. Rex wasn't a commander, he didn't get the order.

Or it could be what you guys were talking about before, haha. I know we're just trying to explain away plot holes, but, maybe. . .

Could be as simple as Anakin still being a Padawan. A very gifted padawan, but still learning. Therefore they give him a lower ranked trooper. Someone who still got advanced training but not on par with Cody or Wolffe.

Could be as simple as Anakin still being a Padawan. A very gifted padawan, but still learning. Therefore they give him a lower ranked trooper. Someone who still got advanced training but not on par with Cody or Wolffe.

But didnt Anakin stop being a padawan? I remember an episode kind of early on in the series where Anakin says to Ahsoka "don't forget I was once a padawan not so long ago" when she struggles with a mission.

I just always found it intriguing. What hasn't Rex done or survived that the commanders have? Fives and Echo got promoted twice in the series off of one mission each really. I know you guys dont really gave the answers but I like to think there was a reason for all of it.

Anakin hadn't been a Padawan for years by the time of ROTS. He was a fully ranked Jedi Knight and a General of the Republic.

But didnt Anakin stop being a padawan? I remember an episode kind of early on in the series where Anakin says to Ahsoka "don't forget I was once a padawan not so long ago" when she struggles with a mission.

Probably this. Since the Clone Wars series basically spans 2 years, Anakin was pretty fresh off his promotion to knight (which took place a month or two after Geonosis) when Ahsooka was assigned to him.

As far as Rex's actual rank, I think its fairly inconsequential, the ranks are meaningless to everyone not a clone anyways. I mean the episode where those diplomats got killed, the Clone Commander on the mission admitted that Jar Jar outranked him. :lol

Back