Star Wars in 3D or Lucas pulls out the milking stool..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can just imagine diving down into the trench in the Death Star battle in all it's 3D glory.
Bring it on!:chew

I would love to be able to take my son to Star Wars in the theaters. Bring it on.

Lucas Calls for Star Wars 3D
The bearded one says Avatar has finally made it possible.
by Jim Vejvoda

January 19, 2010 - George Lucas thinks the time has come for Star Wars to get the 3D treatment.

Although the filmmaker has been looking for a way to revisit the trilogies in 3D for some time now, it appears that the phenomenal success of the 3D sci-fi epic Avatar has finally pushed it closer to becoming a reality.

"[I'm] happy it's so successful, and worked very well in 3D," Lucas told Access Hollywood at Sunday's Golden Globes after party. "Haven't been a big fan of 3D, but that movie definitely improves in (the field of) 3D."

Lucas added, "We've been looking for years and years and years of trying to take Star Wars and put it in 3D ... But, [the] technology hasn't been there. We've been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen."

I have been waiting for this for a LOOOONG TIME!:clap:banana:chew:D

and how about Captain EO on Blu-Ray in 3D? :D

I'm pretty sure I heard a year or two back that they were already in the process of converting the OT into 3D. Shouldn't they be finished by now? Perhaps Lucas is just meaning that he plans on releasing them now with the success of Avatar, not that he's starting the process.

Now people willl suffer major depression for not being able to live on Naboo...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously, though, this really isn't news. This has been in the works for years. Lucas is just trying to take advantage of the AVATAR hype by talking about it in the press again now.

The last time they re-released the OT in theaters it was crazy awesome, the crowds were all hyped up! I'd love to see them in 3-D! :rock

What is funny is not too long ago 3-D movies were things of ridicule and fodder for countless nerd jokes, now they are the new rage again...I wonder what else will come into vogue again...

Based on the experience of Avatar, I think a number of scenes, especially in the PT, would really pull you in with that added visual effect the Avatar level 3D brings. 3D is overused when it's just a gimmick, but with Avatar I felt it was just a means of bringing the audience further into the story, not just about having exploding debris come flying at you or things like that which some 3D films get too caught up in.

What is funny is not too long ago 3-D movies were things of ridicule and fodder for countless nerd jokes, now they are the new rage again...I wonder what else will come into vogue again...

I think it's that it's being handled in a better way now, 1980's 3D is still a bit lame, look at JAWS 3D :lol

This is true ............ what else has Hollywood not revamped or rebooted with better technology?

I'm pretty sure I heard a year or two back that they were already in the process of converting the OT into 3D. Shouldn't they be finished by now? Perhaps Lucas is just meaning that he plans on releasing them now with the success of Avatar, not that he's starting the process.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously, though, this really isn't news. This has been in the works for years. Lucas is just trying to take advantage of the AVATAR hype by talking about it in the press again now.

I was going to say the same thing. People have actually seen scenes from ANH years ago on a demo reel. I believe the scenes were the SE "Look sir droids" and the X-wings flying by Yavin and opening the S-Foils.

I for one don't see the benefit of 3D. Maybe my eyes don't work that well but I haven't seen a movie that made me say "That would not have worked without 3D".

BTW, I've seen Up, Monsters vs Aliens, and Avatar all in 3D so those are what I'm going by.

I don't think the 3D is a necessary effect, but I think it offers you a different experience and depending on the visuals, a certain wow factor that regular film doesn't offer.

I remember watching Avatar, just being in a ship with rows of soldiers sitting felt wild because of the added sense of depth to the room I felt.

3D is just an experience, but if handled properly, can be a very wild one.

The key is, which Cameron is good for, don't make your movie to give reason for 3D gags, like JAWS 3D, make a solid movie and use 3D to help tell the story in a unique way.

I fear the 3D effect with some movies because I can just sense that they're just going to worry about what things they can make pop out on screen and quality story is tossed out (Halloween 3D *shudders*)

Back