Star Wars in 3D or Lucas pulls out the milking stool..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why couldnt Anakin come off like some war hero, and maybe slowly become more deranged, more insane.

Maybe Padme gets sick or something. Something that'll bring him over then edge, rather then a stupid dream.

Dreams don't have the same weight when you're pre-cognizant.

And why/how would a genuine hero become Darth Vader?

Anakin was almost a perfect character, from a psychological point of view. Everything that was wrong with him was an example of personality that, if followed to its logical extreme, would result in a villain of Vader's caliber.

Why couldnt Anakin come off like some war hero, and maybe slowly become more deranged, more insane.

Maybe Padme gets sick or something. Something that'll bring him over then edge, rather then a stupid dream.

If you dreamed that a family member would die, and that person did die, then you began having dreams that another family member would die - wouldn't that make you nervous?

Probably. But the way he handled himself....

Also, why didnt he go back and free his mother anyway? Idiot.

And why/how would a genuine hero become Darth Vader?

Anakin was almost a perfect character, from a psychological point of view. Everything that was wrong with him was an example of personality that, if followed to its logical extreme, would result in a villain of Vader's caliber.

First sentence-

Easy! Temptation! He led into something he shouldnt have. He was tricked or something.

I mean the IDEA of how he became Vader sorta works. Palaptine manipulates, and manipulates until he gets what he wants. But Anakin was never anything but a whiny _______. Why would anyone care about this _______?

What if...lets say, Carter Burke was the Burke we knew from the end of Aliens, and became the main character for an Aliens sequel. Would you care about that character? Didnt think so.

2- Anakin was a terrible character. I can understand a hero with issues. That I'm fine with. But he was so unlikable. Kids looked up to that ____ head. I mean what good did he do? He attacked everyone he loved. He complained constantly. He killed ____ing women and children for godsakes. The guy was an effing psychopath!

He should've been like a more badass Luke. You LIKE him. And when he falls, you feel a sense of defeat. You feel sorry for him. Maybe he didnt want to turn at all....maybe he hates doing what he does, but knows theres no alternative. Theres so many places Lucas could've gone with this character. But insted he made him an unlikable prick who deserved what he got at the end of ROTS.

Vader is a much more sympathtic character then Anakin was.

Although the idea of SW in 3-D is intriguing, my fear is that Lucas(in his obsessive quest to continually tweak the OT to bring it closer to his "original vision") will go full bore nuts and re-vamp major sequences of the original films, to take full advantage of the new technology. Complete effects shots(not to mention possible live action footage) could possibly be tossed out and replaced with more "dynamic" shots for wow factor. The films might become lurching Frankensteinian versions of themselves that will make the changes in the SE's look subtle and quaint by comparison.

Back in 1997, no one would have entertained the idea that the SE versions would completely replace the original theatrical cuts as Lucas' sanctioned official versions. It's not out of the realm of possibility that any proposed 3-D versions might then replace all that went before, and then the world can kiss the SW that it's known for 30 years adios.

Last edited:
It's already become that dude. Every new addition is pointless, and not to mention, crappy. Very poor effects, and very useless.

I agree. But, as intrusive as the SE changes are, the original films still retain the general narrative structure of their initial forms. I'm afraid that Lucas, with this new technology as his creative scythe, will feel free to indulgently and drastically change that structure simply because it wasn't feasible before, but is now.

I shudder to think it's possible that, instead of Luke's warmly poetic farmstead introduction in Episode IV, we could get an earlier sequence where he is introduced fighting off a rampaging krayt dragon, while armies of sandpeople strafe him on flying lizard bats that shoot lasers from their ass holes.

At this point, I wouldn't put anything past Lucas.

Last edited:
I've paid my dues at Rebelscum, so there is no way I'm touching this. All I have to say is, "No."

First sentence-

Easy! Temptation! He led into something he shouldnt have. He was tricked or something.

I mean the IDEA of how he became Vader sorta works. Palaptine manipulates, and manipulates until he gets what he wants. But Anakin was never anything but a whiny _______. Why would anyone care about this _______?

What if...lets say, Carter Burke was the Burke we knew from the end of Aliens, and became the main character for an Aliens sequel. Would you care about that character? Didnt think so.

2- Anakin was a terrible character. I can understand a hero with issues. That I'm fine with. But he was so unlikable. Kids looked up to that ____ head. I mean what good did he do? He attacked everyone he loved. He complained constantly. He killed ____ing women and children for godsakes. The guy was an effing psychopath!

He should've been like a more badass Luke. You LIKE him. And when he falls, you feel a sense of defeat. You feel sorry for him. Maybe he didnt want to turn at all....maybe he hates doing what he does, but knows theres no alternative. Theres so many places Lucas could've gone with this character. But insted he made him an unlikable prick who deserved what he got at the end of ROTS.

Vader is a much more sympathtic character then Anakin was.

All I can say is- Lucas is a moron, and Star Wars now sucks because of him. I'll throw in a FACT!11 to coincide with you're "no".

Have a nice day! :D

"Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should."

jeff_goldblum.jpg

"I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it, you want to sell it."

Back