Star Wars in 3D or Lucas pulls out the milking stool..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time they re-released the OT in theaters it was crazy awesome, the crowds were all hyped up!

I skipped school, loaded up a van with a bunch of friends and drove to the theater without a license (had a learner's permit, but that only works if an adult is in the car).

Totally worth it.

I went on a date for the SE Releases to every one. It was funny to be making out before the film, then watching with no talking from me, then making out right after. Julia to ANH, Karla to ESB, Vanessa to ROTJ. I even took my wife to our first real date to TPM's midnight showing. I wonder what the 3D versions will bring :lol

I would imagine that since the prequels were produced digitally, that will be where they will start. It's going to be a lot more work converting the OT into three dimensions.

From what I understand they have to go through and cut each element out in the frame and manually setup where they are, so it'll be a long process. That's what they do when they put films in 3D that aren't originally filmed in 3D.

Based on the experience of Avatar, I think a number of scenes, especially in the PT, would really pull you in with that added visual effect the Avatar level 3D brings. 3D is overused when it's just a gimmick, but with Avatar I felt it was just a means of bringing the audience further into the story, not just about having exploding debris come flying at you or things like that which some 3D films get too caught up in.

I dont want to be that close to that ********* Anakin. If they could just erase him entirely....that'd be great.

Did you really think that the man who would become the second most evil bastard in the galaxy was going to be the kind of person people are supposed to like?

Honestly how Anakin was in the prequels wasn't how I imagined Anakin as a kid growing up. I imagined him reckless, taking huge risks, being arrogant and very cocky, knowing he was the ____ and not afraid to remind people of it. Even though we saw flashes of that in AOTC and ROTS, there was so much whine and so much immaturity that is all I remember from the PT about him. Even the last segment of ROTS where he is at his worst seems a bit "meh".

Then again I'm sure I'm one of hundreds of thousands who would have things differently :lol

I think the whine was integral to going bad. I didn't like it either, and I would have really liked to see more cockiness, but I don't think a person who is just reckless, headstrong and arrogant has what it takes to turn to the dark side. Those are all virtues. Without the vice, there'd be no flaw in the armor, so to speak.

But yeah, I could have done with a bit less of his vice. Although, his whining didn't bother me half as much as Frodo Baggins' did. That was unconscionable.

Last edited:
Did you really think that the man who would become the second most evil bastard in the galaxy was going to be the kind of person people are supposed to like?

Since Lucas wanted to have Anakin fall...yes. You're supposed to like him. Then he slowly becomes more deranged.

he was just a ****** the whole time. You hate everything he says and does from the moment he stepped on the Elevator in episode 2.

i know when i see AOTC again that right after the city chase seen I can go take a big crap, grab a refill on the popcorn and flirt with the concessions girl, then come back in time for obi-wan fighting Jango.

Ugh. Waiting for that scene was UNBEARABLE....It was like "Ok! Obi Wan and Jango are gonna fight!!!!!.....oh wait, now we're back in Naboo.....____....ok...HERE WE GO! MY favorite character's father is gonna fight....nope, back to Naboo. FML."

Ugh. Waiting for that scene was UNBEARABLE....It was like "Ok! Obi Wan and Jango are gonna fight!!!!!.....oh wait, now we're back in Naboo.....____....ok...HERE WE GO! MY favorite character's father is gonna fight....nope, back to Naboo. FML."

AOTC was God awful.. Why couldn't Lucas simply take the formula of the first three and create the same magic all over again. Anakin's turn to the dark side was so gay, it made absolute no sense whatsoever. If you watch the Clone Wars Cartoon, his turn to the darkside is even harder to comprehend because he exhibits compassion towards everyone on the show including Ahsoka. It's like, when is he going to kill her and all the younglings?? Just do it already and move on to the good movies.

Since Lucas wanted to have Anakin fall...yes. You're supposed to like him. Then he slowly becomes more deranged.

Simplistic much?

If you watch the Clone Wars Cartoon, his turn to the darkside is even harder to comprehend because he exhibits compassion towards everyone on the show including Ahsoka. It's like, when is he going to kill her and all the younglings?? Just do it already and move on to the good movies.

What makes you think that compassion is what makes a person good?

Back