Star Wars: High Republic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too bad. I used to really love a lot of the comics. Some were really cheesy but a lot of fun. Some were really good and some were not good at all. At least the older comics had a lot of elements that inspired Lucas and had a good heart to them.

Darth Snoopy: "Hey everyone what do you think of Project Luminous? Holy crap take it easy, geez nevermind!"

tenor.gif

:lol

Han used a lightsaber but never used Chewie's bowcaster until The Force Awakens....

When I first saw the bowcaster scene it instantly recalled this snippet from the golden age of the EU, Brian Daley's Han Solo and the Lost Legacy (1980):

ll.jpg

Flash from the past, Asta. I loved that Han Solo trilogy, as well as the Lando Calrissian trilogy. Early EU. We were eager for more Star Wars stories and the stories were good.

Those were long before the dark times, before the (Disney) Empire..."

Flash from the past, Asta. I loved that Han Solo trilogy, as well as the Lando Calrissian trilogy. Early EU. We were eager for more Star Wars stories and the stories were good.

I still regard those two trilogies as the true spirit of the expanded universe.

There were some good novels that followed that also felt true to the spirit, and I was so eager for the return of Star Wars to film with The Phantom Menace.

And then I saw it...

The Prequels felt so alien and different in their direction. Star Wars had become Trade Wars, with the addition of unfunny 'humour' and non-threatening battle droids. In The Lost Legacy Xim's war-robots had been something to be feared.

FlyAndFight said:
Those were long before the dark times, before the (Disney) Empire..."

The Sequels feel even further from the mark, but with Solo I get a sense of an early EU adventure, and then there's Rogue One and The Mandalorian to offset the clumsy conclusion to the Skywalker saga.

High Republic "Heroes" revealed. :rotfl

https://www.theforce.net/story/front/Meet_The_Heroes_Of_Star_Wars_The_High_Republic_186681.asp

Wow they really are grooming this androgynous chick to be played by Brie Larson aren't they.

high-republic-avar-kriss-08277.jpg

Avar Kriss

Avar is the brightest, most noble example of Jedi-hood. She always tries to see the good in people and situations, and never puts herself first. She is invigorated about life on the frontier and the challenges it brings, and is an inspiration for those who work with her. She is compassionate, not dogmatic, and always ready to sacrifice herself over others. Avar Kriss is the best of the best.

:slap

And then there's non-binary (They/Them) Snoflayk Spacesaver:

high-republic-keeve-trennis-00921.jpg

:lol

Some folks at Disney clearly haven't learned a damn thing. I can't believe snowflake is an actual character name.

Is this a slightly-virus delayed April fool's joke?

"The best of the best."

That can't be real. What's that called when you can't tell parody from reality cause reality is so ridiculous?

Is this a slightly-virus delayed April fool's joke?

"The best of the best."

That can't be real. What's that called when you can't tell parody from reality cause reality is so ridiculous?

Lol, the best of the best. They should have just saved themselves the trouble of creating a new character design and just introduced Captain Marvel into the Star Wars universe...Here she is, the best of the best!

But who would win in a fight between Captain Marvel and Rey?

Back