Star Wars: High Republic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that a couple of days back. I won't even comment on it, it's not worth the time. The funniest thing there, aside from "Dinosaurs" and "University", is "Not Pro-War". For a franchise called Star WARS.

WHY ARE YOU NOT CONSOOOOOOMING EVERYTHING OF [BRAND]? YOU USED TO LIKE [BRAND] SO YOU MUST CONSOOOOOOM EVERYTHING OF [BRAND]! NO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU STUPID CONSOOOOOOOMER, WHY ARE YOU NOT BUYING?!?!!?!?!!

buttsreaction.jpg

Lol that dude seems like he?ll cry about anything . I?m a passionate fan of Spider-Man, sonic and ninja turtles and Batman and I?d never get on camera and cry like that. I?ll smile but to cry like it?s the second coming is just...... wow

I cry watching movies sometimes.

I cried when I saw Guns N Roses for the first time.

I've even caught myself getting misty eyed if I stare too long at a gorgeous work of art.

But I have never, ever, ever filmed myself crying. And if there was footage me crying, you can bet your ass it would never end up on youtube.

I've even caught myself getting misty eyed if I stare too long at a gorgeous work of art.

But I have never, ever, ever filmed myself crying. And if there was footage me crying, you can bet your ass it would never end up on youtube.

Everyone goes through a cartharsis with movies or music at some point in life. Good choice on a Rockband though. I love Guns N' Roses.

:lol :lol

I wonder if the guy above filmed his reaction to this new "High Republic" announcement.

But the ST tho? I mean come on. I can understand liking them but to cry over them and the way he just cries over it is .... wow.

I teared up multiple times during Endgame. A testament to how well their plan worked is that even Scott Lang reuniting with his daughter - y'know, Ant-Man, got that reaction.

As far as this thing, whatever it is :dunno

The lamest title you can give a SW series :slap

I think the Height of the Republic would’ve been better

When I first heard this title ..I thought was Disney smoking weed :lol

Words can not describe how much I hate Disney for ruining Star Wars. From killing the 3.75” line, to killing the EU, to killing the Clone Wars, to killing the ST, to making the OT pointless, to assassination of all OT characters, to their force is female BS, to hiring complete incompetent jerks, to it’s hypercritical nature of criticizing EU being “inconsistent” when they retcon their own timeline 5 times already, to stealing material from EU, to saying their is no material, to hiring Rian Johnson, to making fun of their fan base, to their superiority complex....

And now this utter garbage.

:gah: :banghead

I’d love to apply for a job with LFL/Disney. Would love to. I guarantee I’m more qualified, educated, and went to a better school than 90% of the jokes they have running it. Seriously. I’m not a girl though, and I don’t believe the force is female, and no content development jobs are ever opened, so my chances are about 0.000000000000000000000001% chance to actually get hired.

Bet people would kill for George to come back now.
If he had someone to reign him back a bit like in the OT, sure.

So what is High InPublic exactly? Comic book series? Animated series? Misdemeanor?
It's a Multimedia Project. Comics, YA Novels, stuff like that.

Lol that dude seems like he?ll cry about anything . I?m a passionate fan of Spider-Man, sonic and ninja turtles and Batman and I?d never get on camera and cry like that. I?ll smile but to cry like it?s the second coming is just...... wow
He's just doing it for the attention. He's just another pathetic CONSOOOOOOOMER who figured he could make some cash off YT if he rode the reaction wave. Don't get me wrong, he probably bought Porgs merch, but the hysterical crying is a fake. Which means he has little to no self-respect in that case. I don't know what's worse...

I've teared up at a couple of films and tv shows; never full-on cried though. Last one I remember doing it to was "La Grande Bellezza".

Words can not describe how much I hate Disney for ruining Star Wars. From killing the 3.75? line, to killing the EU, to killing the Clone Wars, to killing the ST, to making the OT pointless, to assassination of all OT characters,
To be fait, FilloniWars was and is dreadful. Or it might jsut be me. I hate Ahsoka and how she's ruined the lre. Seriously, you cannot comprehend how much I hate this orange *****. Filloni ruined the Clone Wars. The CW Multimedia Project during the 2000s was great. You had GendyWars, the Dark Horse Comics, stuff like Republic Commando and Battlefront. Then Filloni came in and jsut wrecked everything in his path while jerking off to his ugly, orange xenoscum *****. God, I hate her.

1505792174330.png

The EU itself I mostly liked, but it ****ed up Vader's character too much. Between the PT and the EU, Vader was ruined. Now, the DisneyCanon is much, much worse than the EU/Legends, but IMHO they've done a better job with Vader and... that's it.

to their force is female BS, to hiring complete incompetent jerks, to it?s hypercritical nature of criticizing EU being ?inconsistent? when they retcon their own timeline 5 times already, to stealing material from EU, to saying their is no material, to hiring Rian Johnson, to making fun of their fan base, to their superiority complex....

And now this utter garbage.

:gah: :banghead
It's not only a SW. Corporations are after cash. They figure "we have them white nerds by the balls", so they take our money for granted. They see all the 'woke' ********, and figure that they can make money from those people too. So they insert the various LGBTQXHFHFGKGH+/- Mystery Meats to try and reach a new aduience. But, newsflash, they don't buy things. They watch the movie and then post endlessly on Twitter or write fanfics about how everyone's Trans. Maybe they'll buy some of the PC toys and merch to virtue signal, but that's it. Whatever merch is moving from the [current year] media, is due to pussywhipped fanboys who can't turn their back on their beloved [BRAND], so they turn into CONSOOOOOOOOOOMERS.

To be fait, FilloniWars was and is dreadful. Or it might jsut be me. I hate Ahsoka and how she's ruined the lre. Seriously, you cannot comprehend how much I hate this orange *****. Filloni ruined the Clone Wars. The CW Multimedia Project during the 2000s was great. You had GendyWars, the Dark Horse Comics, stuff like Republic Commando and Battlefront. Then Filloni came in and jsut wrecked everything in his path while jerking off to his ugly, orange xenoscum *****. God, I hate her.

The 2000s Clone Wars stuff is some of my favorite content ever made for Star Wars. Played all the games (still hoping for Republic Commando 2), read all the CW novels, have all the CW Dark Horse comics and try to read those every Summer (how I wish for a Battle of Jabiim live action movie).

I still really like the Animated TV Series though. In my head canon they co-exist of sorts. Have to pick and choose what fits and what doesn’t. I just ignore everything about Barriss Offee, tweak some stuff with Asajj, etc... I do think some of the arcs of that show would have been better told in a grittier style that would have been great for DH comics. But yeah, the 2000s CW multimedia project was better.

The EU itself I mostly liked, but it ****ed up Vader's character too much. Between the PT and the EU, Vader was ruined. Now, the DisneyCanon is much, much worse than the EU/Legends, but IMHO they've done a better job with Vader and... that's it.

PT didn’t ruin Vader for me. What he was before he put on the mask doesn’t ruin him. It added more depth to the character I guess. I think he is still a badass, but my interpretation of Vader is someone who is suppressing what he did, who still remembers who he was and who loved, basically suffering. Hence my avatar pic. A tragic charcater. Some really good standalone Vaders in the EU, but I’d agree, a lot of the Disney Vader is good. Disney Vader feeds more into how I view the character with the Padme/Luke stuff featured.

It's not only a SW. Corporations are after cash. They figure "we have them white nerds by the balls", so they take our money for granted. They see all the 'woke' ********, and figure that they can make money from those people too. So they insert the various LGBTQXHFHFGKGH+/- Mystery Meats to try and reach a new aduience. But, newsflash, they don't buy things. They watch the movie and then post endlessly on Twitter or write fanfics about how everyone's Trans. Maybe they'll buy some of the PC toys and merch to virtue signal, but that's it. Whatever merch is moving from the [current year] media, is due to pussywhipped fanboys who can't turn their back on their beloved [BRAND], so they turn into CONSOOOOOOOOOOMERS.

It seems like all franchise’s outside of Marvel are just getting worse pandering to these small “markets” which are just what you described. Fan fic, twitter obsessed, far end of the fandom, clear minority but loud mouths, who don’t truly support the franchise but their views, and cry when their views aren’t force fed down consumers throats. Still can’t believe Disney caved in to those people with Reylo.

The 2000s Clone Wars stuff is some of my favorite content ever made for Star Wars. Played all the games (still hoping for Republic Commando 2), read all the CW novels, have all the CW Dark Horse comics and try to read those every Summer (how I wish for a Battle of Jabiim live action movie).

I still really like the Animated TV Series though. In my head canon they co-exist of sorts. Have to pick and choose what fits and what doesn?t. I just ignore everything about Barriss Offee, tweak some stuff with Asajj, etc... I do think some of the arcs of that show would have been better told in a grittier style that would have been great for DH comics. But yeah, the 2000s CW multimedia project was better.
I tried FilloniWars, and I dropped it immediately. It didn't grab me at all, and as the years went on I really grew t hate Ahsoka and what she's done to the canon. To me, it doesn't exist.

PT didn?t ruin Vader for me. What he was before he put on the mask doesn?t ruin him. It added more depth to the character I guess. I think he is still a badass, but my interpretation of Vader is someone who is suppressing what he did, who still remembers who he was and who loved, basically suffering. Hence my avatar pic. A tragic charcater. Some really good standalone Vaders in the EU, but I?d agree, a lot of the Disney Vader is good. Disney Vader feeds more into how I view the character with the Padme/Luke stuff featured.
My problem with Anakin is that the guy does pretty much nothing wrong. The Jedi leave his mother behind, which results in her getting raped to death by a bunch of Space Sandpeople. Slaughtering them was justified. Then, the Council refuses to help him deal with his emotions, doesn't grant him the title of Master, make him spy on his only non-Jedi friend, and even after all that, Anakin still obeys. Palpatine gives him a lifeline, and yeah, he knows it's bull, but it's the only hope he has. But still, he tells the Jedi that Sheev is Sidious. And what do the Jedi do? "LMAO, see you later **** we gon' arrest that ****er ourselves". And the best thing is that Mace betrays the Code and goes for the kill, showing the hypocrisy of the Jedi. Really, the only thing Anakin wanted the whole time was to save his wife, but nobody helped. Everyone kicked him around, berated him, and didn't respect him. He even wanted to kill Palpatine after all was said and done and just rule as a belevolent emperor. It's all hardly villainous, and more of a result of a corrupt and ineffective institution.

Which brings me to my problem with PT Vader. He's not evil enough. Yeah, Ani's angry and such, but he's not inherently evil. I wanted a fall from grace. He just goes from a kicked puppy to a kicked puppy in an armor. IMHO he needed more agency. And the problem with the EU stuff were retarded things like 'dooood, the suit like, has needles and **** and he's constantly nauseous and in pain and it's ****ing metal as **** doooood'. It was silly. It also turned Vader into a 'CRAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIN' edgelord who's supposedly so depressed he wants to off himself but doesn't because of "muh guilt". It turned him from a villain to one of the most pathetic characters ever. DisneyVader is at least driven by his own will and desires to bend the galaxy to his will. It gives him actual character. And after he learns that Luke is his son, he gets a proper motivation. I liked the DH SW comics on average, but the EU did Vader dirty.

It seems like all franchise?s outside of Marvel are just getting worse pandering to these small ?markets? which are just what you described. Fan fic, twitter obsessed, far end of the fandom, clear minority but loud mouths, who don?t truly support the franchise but their views, and cry when their views aren?t force fed down consumers throats. Still can?t believe Disney caved in to those people with Reylo.
ALL IPs have gone down the same path. Marvel did it with the comics a few years abck and they tanked horribly. And they're now doing it with the movies. DC tried that thing with BoP, it tanked, and now they're ready to do it to their comics. GI Joe has a comic about Trump!Cobra and the Joes as a diverse team of NY lefties with sidecuts and such. And they're all goddamn trash.

PT didn?t ruin Vader for me. What he was before he put on the mask doesn?t ruin him. It added more depth to the character I guess.

True, if Anakin was already a badass it makes the downfall less dramatic. Though I do agree with those who thought he should have been played by someone more like Driver.

I like the change of anakin in rots. As rushed as it was it felt like he was honestly pushed there by the over confident jedi

These are not writers , these are focus group marketers.

Writers do not have these kind of bullet points when writing. Its quite obvious that this is how the last films were made. Now I enjoyed the ST, for the most part, but it?s obvious these points were put int the story , regardless if they were needed to drive the plot.

But this is Hollywood now. The new crop of ?writers? are nothing more than checklist oriented task managers. Its the same in most businesses now. Its not about quality and depth, its about checking off boxes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that all of this is because China has very little love for Star Wars and the sequel trilogy especially.

Jeez who cares about China. They don?t like a damn thing . Just focus on making a good story but that seems hard for them. Let?s just please twitter

The new crop of ?writers? are nothing more than checklist oriented task managers. Its the same in most businesses now. Its not about quality and depth...

Yes... and expanding your market share. Adding elements thought to appeal to China and India -- hence the colorful desert dance party in TROS.

Checklist film-making is what happens when Producers build movies by committee rather than Directors having a vision. Same thing happened to movies in the 50's. Same thing has happened to music since boy bands and Disney ingenues -- music is secondary to the choreographed "show" (since most money is made on tour).

It will swing back though. Soon... a new generation will embrace it, along with physical relationships, tactile visits to actual retail stores, and a distaste for anything rehashed, retold, re-imagined, remade, and recycled.

Back