Star Wars: High Republic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Each day that passes makes me realize that Lucasfilm have no fathomable idea how universally loathed they are these days.

Each day that passes makes me realize that Lucasfilm have no fathomable idea how universally loathed they are these days.

Hyperbole much? Sure there seems to be some angry nerds here on this forum but universally? I don't think so.

Hyperbole much? Sure there seems to be some angry nerds here on this forum but universally? I don't think so.

Nah they definitely are hated. Star Wars isn?t as big as it was. The numbers don?t lie. You have to be blind not to see it

Rotten Tomatoes audience score of 86% and over a billion made. Third highest grossing film of 2019. Yup the numbers say it's hated sooooo much....It's no longer the zeitgeist that it once was, but to say that it's so hated just shows the nerd rage internet bubble you are living in. It's just like anything else, the ones who hate something make their voices the loudest and keep repeating their hate ad-nausea, so that is all you hear. Aussiebottt is correct, haters on this site (and the internet in general) are well versed in hyperbole.

Actually I loved TROS but that 86% audience score is absolutely fake. It had that percentage the first day and never changed despite 10's of thousands of new reviews being posted. That's a statistical impossibility. Who knows what the real score is, even if RT actually updated the percentage this movie was always going to get "review bombed" so I don't think we'd ever know what the honest results were either way.

From my own observations I'd say it's around 75% based on normies/casual fans but only maybe 20-30% positive with regard to diehard SW fans. Even most lifelong SW fans that I tend to agree with here (jye, punisher1974, Junkion, a-dev and many others) didn't care for it so I'd say that those of us who do are definitely in the minority.

Even with that line of thinking, it's not the most hated thing that they are all making it out to be. Going by the numbers - which don't lie, according to the post that I was responding to - a lot more like it than don't. Maybe they are not the hardcore fans, but that is not what I was resounding to anyways, I was talking general public. The uber fans are their own thing.

Even with that line of thinking, it's not the most hated thing that they are all making it out to be. Going by the numbers - which don't lie, according to the post that I was responding to - a lot more like it than don't. Maybe they are not the hardcore fans, but that is not what I was resounding to anyways, I was talking general public. The uber fans are their own thing.

If you want to know what the real score would have been, see TLJ on Rotten Tomatoes. It might have done a little better but not much. The viewer score would have been below 50%. It made money, but not the kind of money it should have. Anybody who thinks it was a financial success is an idiot.

Rotten Tomatoes audience score of 86% and over a billion made. Third highest grossing film of 2019. Yup the numbers say it's hated sooooo much....It's no longer the zeitgeist that it once was, but to say that it's so hated just shows the nerd rage internet bubble you are living in. It's just like anything else, the ones who hate something make their voices the loudest and keep repeating their hate ad-nausea, so that is all you hear. Aussiebottt is correct, haters on this site (and the internet in general) are well versed in hyperbole.

Lol its fan like you who wear rose colored glasses and walk around like everything is fine. Endgame destroyed it and Joker is the most talked about film of all 2019. Rotten tomatoes gave TLJ a great score and the audience score for TROS hasn't changed a bit sonce it's release. Toy sales are down, nobody is talking about it and it's pretty much forgotten. So stop with the RT crap. Nobody likes it. A small percent is people who like it. The GA saw it cause it's star wars but they don't give a **** at the end of the day. They'll watch it cause it's a beloved franchise.

Also who the hell cares about that. The transformers movies made billions and people HATED them. People just see **** just to see it nowadays.

A movie about a depressed clown is still more relevant than the biggest scfi story of all time. Think about that. Think about where we were when TFA came out to now. If you honestly believe that it's not a failure then you are absolutly blinded by nostagia.

When TFA came out it was a HUGE deal now it's EH? Lol hyperbole rage my ass

Last edited:
Straw man argument. These are two different movies, I'm not going to look at reviews of Return of the Jedi and apply them to Empire or vice versa. While it is true that a lot of people hated TLJ, I've personally talked to a lot of people that were entertained by Rise of Skywalker - and not TLJ. Again this isn't about what you same 5 people on this board think - believe me, we know you hate it - this is about the general movie going public.

If the ST genuinely "destroyed" Star Wars then no one would have watched Mandolorian because they would have been done with the license. That didn't happen as people keep flocking back to the name Star Wars so I guess it has not be destroyed. Again this comes back to my original comment, and that is this board and the internet in general are well versed in hyperbole, that they try to pass off as facts.

Lol its fan like you who wear rose colored glasses and walk around like everything is fine. Highest grossing film of 2019? Yea the **** right. Endgame destroyed it and Joker is the most talked about film of all 2019. Rotten tomatoes gave TLJ a great score and the audience score for TROS hasn't changed a bit sonce it's release. Toy sales are down, nobody is talking about it and it's pretty much forgotten. So stop with the RT crap. Nobody likes it. A small percent is people who like it. The GA saw it cause it's star wars but they don't give a **** at the end of the day. They'll watch it cause it's a beloved franchise.

Also who the hell cares about that. The transformers movies made billions and people HATED them. People just see **** just to see it nowadays.

You're right, "who cares?" Obviously you care because you are like a dog with a bone - please read my post again as I didn't say it was the highest grossing movie. My point is it's just a movie and there are plenty who like it whatever your opinion of it is (even if you feel it's fact.) There's a whole new generation of kids that do like these movies but aren't into toys - my two nephews only want video games, not toys, as do all of their friends - there's a reason why toy stores are out of business and it's not just Amazon.

Look man, don't like the movie, that's cool. People do like this movie - I was not one of them, but not liking this movie has no impact on my thoughts or daily routine - nor do I have this unhealthy need to make others think like me.

Straw man argument. These are two different movies, I'm not going to look at reviews of Return of the Jedi and apply them to Empire or vice versa. While it is true that a lot of people hated TLJ, I've personally talked to a lot of people that were entertained by Rise of Skywalker - and not TLJ. Again this isn't about what you same 5 people on this board think - believe me, we know you hate it - this is about the general movie going public.

If the ST genuinely "destroyed" Star Wars then no one would have watched Mandolorian because they would have been done with the license. That didn't happen as people keep flocking back to the name Star Wars so I guess it has not be destroyed. Again this comes back to my original comment, and that is this board and the internet in general are well versed in hyperbole, that they try to pass off as facts.

Yea you talked to what like 5 people? Who cares. Thats your own little bubble. The rest of the world hated it. Even the people who like ST admit it's hated. And people flocked to Mando cause it was BETTER WRITTEN....

So when a streaming show is more talked about than the mainline movies that continue an epic story that's a definite call for concern. The only thing Star wars that is selling is Baby yoda. Lol come on now

You're right, "who cares?" Obviously you care because you are like a dog with a bone - please read my post again as I didn't say it was the highest grossing movie. My point is it's just a movie and there are plenty who like it whatever your opinion of it is (even if you feel it's fact.) There's a whole new generation of kids that do like these movies but aren't into toys - my two nephews only want video games, not toys, as do all of their friends - there's a reason why toy stores are out of business and it's not just Amazon.

Look man, don't like the movie, that's cool. People do like this movie - I was not one of them, but not liking this movie has no impact on my thoughts or daily routine - nor do I have this unhealthy need to make others think like me.

Lol don't start that dumb bs about me trying to make you think like me. Everytime someone loses a debate they always do what your doing instead of bringing me facts. It's a forum buddy. We discuss things negative and positive here. Different opnions and such. I don't know why that hurts peoples feelings, but anyway, kids still play with toys, it's a reason why they MAKE them still. Trust me my own nephew still does. Everyone is different.

Maybe people just choose to look at certain things. But honestly as a person who thought TROS was decent I see lots of people who just don't care about the future of star wars. I see no kids embracing it. I see kids embracing the older stuff, maybe a Kylo ren here and there, but I see no Finn, REY or Rose being embraced by new fans.

Stop getting ********. Just say Sonic Sucks or something and i'll go away lol

I'm not trying to win any argument because as I've made clear over and over I just don't care like you seem to. It affects me in no way whatsoever. In fact to cop your brilliant debate retort "It's a forum buddy. We discuss things negative and positive here. Different opnions and such. I don't know why that hurts peoples feelings." As such I have to ask why my comments about the possibility of people liking this movie made you angry enough to post multiple times about it? I'm just having a different opinion that I was trying to discuss...

Look man, I'm not interested in arguing about this. I just think people need to lighten up a little, this is some serious first world problem crap when getting so riled up about movies or franchises.

I haven't seen Sonic so I can't tell you if it sucked yet, sorry that I can't deliver on that either.:peace

Last edited:
I'm not trying to win any argument because as I've made clear over and over I just don't care like you seem to. It affects me in no way whatsoever. In fact to cop your brilliant debate retort "It's a forum buddy. We discuss things negative and positive here. Different opnions and such. I don't know why that hurts peoples feelings." As such I have to ask why my comments about the possibility of people liking this movie made you angry enough to post multiple times about it? I'm just having a different opinion that I was trying to discuss...

Look man, I'm not interested in arguing about this. I just think people need to lighten up a little, this is some serious first world problem crap when getting so riled up about movies or franchises.

I haven't seen Sonic so I can't tell you if it sucked yet, sorry that I can't deliver on that either.:peace

If you didn't care then you wouldn't of replied and I don't know why you think i'm angry. This is only a forum discussion on a board for toys. Everybody here tends to just take whatever someone says as nothing but some guy they'll never meet who is just disagreeing about a subject they like. It's no big deal really and you should see the movie it's good.

The best way of demonstrating you don't care might go something like this......

That's too long

If you didn't care then you wouldn't of replied and I don't know why you think i'm angry. This is only a forum discussion on a board for toys. Everybody here tends to just take whatever someone says as nothing but some guy they'll never meet who is just disagreeing about a subject they like. It's no big deal really and you should see the movie it's good.

I replied because you replied. I was just having a discussion

True. Well I guess we can both agree that Mando is pretty much keeping the franchise afloat. Well imo anyway. Also that last star wars game was very fun

Back