Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tips.. I checked his site and they weren't available. :( I might just hold off and try the secondary market for the canvas.

General question for those that have bought prints from Acme.. do you normally just buy the print and get it framed later or do you go all out and have them frame it? I've just gotten back into collecting (missed so much stuff!) and was wondering about the quality of their framing. I was looking to pick up one or two Vanderstelt on paper (since I can't find the canvas anywhere).
Acmes framing it very good but your paying a premium for them to do it and more to ship it. You can take it to a faming company and have it done the way you want for for the same amount or maybe less.

General question for those that have bought prints from Acme.. do you normally just buy the print and get it framed later or do you go all out and have them frame it? I've just gotten back into collecting (missed so much stuff!) and was wondering about the quality of their framing. I was looking to pick up one or two Vanderstelt on paper (since I can't find the canvas anywhere).

I usually go through American frame. Pick all your own stuff, you put it together and it saves a bundle. They look great, too.

I do my own framing. I get the specific frame I want to match the print I'm framing. I order the mattes from a craft, art supply store. When everything is in, I put it together at home. I have the small amount of supplies to put everything together. The result looks great and it saves a bunch. I wish I had the $ to have someone online frame and ship it, but I like seeing my frames and mattes in person before they are ordered.

Now, I do have some very high-end prints that I've had a local, custom framer do. It has been in no way cheap, and I don't do it often.

yeah, decided not to have it framed and then sent. I do have my first 2 prints coming, Execution Order and The Dark Lord Invades from Trevas. Also getting ready to pick up one from VanderStelt. How do most of you store your unframed prints?? I picked up a Itoya ART Profolio since it was the cheapest option, just curious to see if there is a better way.

Thanks for all the help!

So I just found out I'll be having a daughter and the same day, came across this, so I decided to pick one up for her room that I will start making. I hope she's at least half the fan I am:lol

10843910_396469527182880_2122150044_n.jpg

Two fine looking posters. How do we get these from official channels?

:dunno

Finally got my first Celebration print about a week ago.

14825803501_85dc232fae_c.jpg

"The Bad Guys" by Doug Wheatley.

I've been trying to track this one down for months.

It's also a fantastic piece. I love mine! Still haven't framed it, which is a shame. Soon..! Good luck finding one!

IMG_8431.jpg

That's fantastic work Mark! It may be your style but it's very pulp magazine themed. Hard look to pull off. Great stuff really.

Just got my first 2 VanderStelts back, both are APs on canvas (sorry about the crappy phone pic).

IMG_1266.JPG

Thanks again Jerry, they look amazing!

My very first Vanderstelt (and not my last!) and I love it!
Print, paper and color quality are gorgeous.
imag0754_16bjv0.jpg

Love the piece. It is the one that set me on track to pursue the series ... Just need Star Wars and I will have them all.

Back