Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My very first Vanderstelt (and not my last!) and I love it!
Print, paper and color quality are gorgeous.
imag0754_16bjv0.jpg

I'm not a fan of prints with crowded design, but this is an exception. It is awesome!! Each character belongs there :rock

If anyone comes across a JV Star Wars please let me know. I am dying to hang all three up (too bad I'm so frugal :lol )

Thanks! It is by Adi Granov and was the Forbidden Planet cover variant for Marvel Star Wars #1. I have that variant and the back/white variant comics and liked them so much I jumped on the signed print when it was available. Limited to 300.

So, I've always wanted a full signature piece of Ralph McQuarrie's. Just seemed to keep letting opportunities pass me by. Definitely wanted to buy directly from Dreams & Visions Press, as they had a close working relationship with the man. Since this was the last Celebration they are going to attend, I finally took the plunge. Huge props to Triple J for the insight into the most appropriate image for my collection. I really feel that the vintage 1976 "The Star Wars" sticker sets this framing job off, and proves why I tend to entrust my artwork with a framer which is a bit more expensive than most. Went with a super simple frame choice, to allow McQuarrie's artwork to stand on its own.

I'm over the moon with this piece... :D

54ecdf79981ae29e3cda9425d34a6456_zpsrz95zyjt.jpg

a7ac3ba05baf6ea3b62c6a3512ae2480_zps0y8uo62h.jpg

a65703163728a8868c16ecc45ae17fe3_zps4lkd20wo.jpg

****! I couldn't afford it either! I still owe $15,000, and I matriculated in 1998! :horror

It was only two years, I was a transfer student! :(

Back