Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 15th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In honor of the episode 2 15th anniversary I will continue to pretend it doesn't exist.

Or maybe watch the Plinkett review of it for the 15th time.

What ever even happened to Rick McCallum??

Variety: 6-23-16

Rick McCallum has settled in the Czech Republic and runs the production company Film United

From his base in the Czech capital, it’s easy for Rick McCallum to keep up on the shifting landscape U.S. filmmakers need to be aware of when weighing a location shoot. The American producer of the three “Star Wars” prequels and “The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles” is now working on the medieval revenge adventure “Emperor” from his own production company, Film United. Co-producers include Belgium’s Corsan. McCallum founded Film United in Prague after falling in love with the emerging Czech democracy — and with the Czech woman who is now his Czech wife.

Variety: 6-23-16

Rick McCallum has settled in the Czech Republic and runs the production company Film United

From his base in the Czech capital, it’s easy for Rick McCallum to keep up on the shifting landscape U.S. filmmakers need to be aware of when weighing a location shoot. The American producer of the three “Star Wars” prequels and “The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles” is now working on the medieval revenge adventure “Emperor” from his own production company, Film United. Co-producers include Belgium’s Corsan. McCallum founded Film United in Prague after falling in love with the emerging Czech democracy — and with the Czech woman who is now his Czech wife.

Thanks.... I was too lazy to look it up. :duff

Q: Who does Rick McCallum play chess with?

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think your description is as much "exploring" as that chip needs or deserves.

Kind of like exploring a sock. It does what? OK, good. Next.

Hehe, probably. Though it did show some of the more independent clones removed their chip.

Didya hear how they're retconning Captain Rex into ROTJ...?

maxresdefault.jpg

Hehe, probably. Though it did show some of the more independent clones removed their chip.

Didya hear how they're retconning Captain Rex into ROTJ...?

maxresdefault.jpg

That's just something Filoni has been badgering Hidalgo for years, so Hidalgo and the story group have finally given in :yess: :rotfl

Another interesting revelation about ROTS, via Flickering Myth:

…In some rather interesting “what if” news, concept artist Ian McCaig revealed this week that George Lucas had a very different ending for Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith when it comes to the relationship between Anakin and Padme. “Right behind his back, [Padme] is starting the Rebellion to overthrow him, because Padme can see the he is becoming a monster,” said McCaig. “At the end, on Mustafar, when she goes to see [Anakin], she has a knife in her hands. She gets off the ship with the knife, she runs up and throws her arms around him, and he lets her. She’s got the knife to the back of [Anakin’s] neck and she’s going to kill him. [Again], he lets her. But she can’t do it. She loves him too much to stop him, even when he becomes the monster.” It would be interesting to learn why Lucas changed her mind…

Makes Anakin's line "you're with him" seem less about sexual infidelity and more about a plot to kill him.

I wonder how good that first draft was for ROTS. Hell, I wonder if that first cut was any good (where Anakin pledges alliegence to Palps and becomes Vader before Mace Windu and the gang show up and Anakin is in the office before they fight). You could definitely see the Shakespearean elements of what he was trying to do, but man did he goof them up.

IMG_7768.JPG

Lucas was definitely OCD. I wonder how many changes he would have made on the PT if he still had them.

Back