Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 15th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, no one...?

*cue Bond theme*

3xJN2yO.gif

Khev is a young pug. A Millennial at heart.

I specifically said "modern film" in order to exclude Bond though Wor-Gar. :D 1965 was ancient history! :lol

I KNEW you were gonna say that. :lol So I prepared.

First of all, I would say Bond is very much part of modern films (for that time) -- in fact his movies helped usher in modern films with their tech + gadgets. Star Wars owed so much to the Bond movies.

15 years a long time, huh? In a thread celebrating same? And really, 15 years? So like Pirates COTBP is an oldie? LOTR movies ancient filmmaking?

15 years a long time, huh? In a thread celebrating same? And really, 15 years? So like Pirates COTBP is an oldie? LOTR movies?

Nah, old vs. modern is all centered around when I was born of course. So every movie in the last 42+ years = modern. Older than that = ancient history. :)

But in all seriousness 1983 - 1965 = 18 years so seeing Fett light up in spectacular fashion was a pretty big deal. I always thought "real" jetpacks were kind of dorky anyway.

Regarding Han and Boba, they didn't need to be arch enemies to have heard of each other, especially since they both dealt with Jabba and the criminal underworld.

E7WGW7m.jpg

Last edited:
Khev, always moving the game pieces around and changing the rules.

Regarding Han and Boba, they didn't need to be arch enemies to have heard of each other, especially since they both dealt with Jabba and the criminal underworld.

Agreed. With Kasdan writing the Han Solo movie you'd think he'd remember that Lando referred to Fett as "some bounty hunter" in ESB and therefore shouldn't learn too much about him in the new standalone film. I actually would like to see Fett "redeemed" the way Vader was in RO and now that I'm no longer averse to Morrison voicing him I'm cautiously optimistic about the notion of seeing him on screen again. As long as it's pre-Sarlacc Pit. No need to retcon his death IMO.

Of course if they screw him up even further no big especially if its in the Han movie. No way is a non-Ford Solo moving cracking the Khev canon no matter how good it is.

Khev, always moving the game pieces around and changing the rules.

giphy.gif

The genius that is the Emperor:

Sidious: Uh, hi, uh... I'd like to order 100,000 clones please.

Twan Weewee: Who is this?

Sidious: Uh... this is, uh, Si... Si.... Sifo.... Sifo-dias. Yeah, Sifodias.... My name is Master Sifodias and I'd like to order 100,000 clones please. I'll pick them up in 10 years, OK? Do you take Visa?

"Yes we do take Visa. So 100,000 clones ordered by Syfodias. Got it. We'll go ahead and have those ready in 10 years and will just hand them over to the first person we see wearing Jedi robes! The more confused he is by our agreement the better!"

It *did* bother me that Sifo Dyas was brought up in AOTC, then never explained. At least the mention of midichlorians in the legend of Darth Plagueis gave them *some* justification.

When making the clone army, you'd think they'd find someone better than Jango to model them all after. Why not another Jedi or even Sith for that matter?

What ever even happened to Rick McCallum?? He like disappeared after being Lucas' lackey and yes man for all those years making the prequels, then Lucas sold to Disney and he vanished into the night!

He lost some weight, got a sex change and became Kathleen Kennedy.

Back