STAR WARS: EP. I--The Phantom Menace in 3D: 2/10/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the scene by itself is cool. But in the context of the film, IMO it doesn't work. If that scene was taken out, the film would play a lot better.

But I dunno...I might see TPM. Might. For nostalgic reasons. I'll skip the other two. They do nothing for me any more.

I never liked the Pod Race. It always bores me. It's a good scene on it's own...but it has nothing to do with the plot, and is just useless. You could seriously skip from when they arrive on Tatooine, meeting Anakin, then talking to Watto...then leaving with Anakin. That entire scene does nothing to advance the plot. I mean, he needed the parts and all that....but you could easily just have Watto give him the parts. Or something.
Think it was done to show Anakin using the forcelike abilities already has to like fly those pods or something. Like fast reactions only other alien races have.
Or something like that.
Or so.
:monkey1

3d yoda will be pretty freaky... the 3d is sure to give everyone a hedache with all the lights, blasters, and all that good stuff. Might be cool... might be horrible... we will see!

"Anakin was a good friend. When I first met him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong."

I think the podrace shows Anakin's talents and potential. Qui-Gon needed a reason to take him back to the Jedi Council, and the podrace was the evidence of his abilities, even at a young age.

Last edited:
star-wars-phantom-menace-3D-poster.jpg

Somebody remind me again. Who's story is told in the saga of Star Wars?

Wasn't it Anakin? ;)

He's not even on the poster. Okay, I see him there in the pod, but seriously? WTF

Back