Star Wars Chess Table!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the page layout is clearly just that -- a few photos totally not in scale with one another.

I briefly hoped this could be a PF exclusive, to go with Obi-wan's training remote, but if it's just an expansion pack for the 12" figs, then that's one purchase less for me. (And for the PFs, I'd demand translucency anyway...)

If this is 1/6 scale I will have to pass. It looks cool but I had a hard enough time finding room for my Jabba setup.. no way can I find room for all the stuff around the chess board.

Well... are we ready to be broke by Christmas? I think if they were going to bother with the chess set, we will have Chewie and the droids around it.

I'm going to be broke, and I'm not even collecting the 12" pieces.

But if I were, just thinking of the amount of creatures remaining for the Sideshow Jabba's Palace setup would be enough to make me broke three times over.

Wor-Gar said:
Did someone say chess set?

000_0017-1.jpg

:D

Where did you find this pic Wor Gar?

I think we're seeing the first hints at the ANH onslaught... With the 30th Anniversary this year SS must have planned for some of the main 12" ANH to be released during the year... Along with Chewie (wookie hair...hmmmm makes you think) and the droids maybe it'll be a few Millenium pieces. Then they'll focus on the Cantina? This is when it gets both exciting for the collector and painful for the completist. I've already nixed the three Endor Troopers and Maul's expansion droid pack. Bubo looks to be on the chopping block too so my days as a completist in the 12" SS line are be gone the way this year (aren't they planning roughly 12 figs a year?) shapes up. Especially with Jabba and his throne arriving within a fortnight.

An ANH Luke with exclusive training helmet and/or remote would be sweet - though I'm hoping for an exclusive Stormtrooper belt (with real retractable grappling hook!)

This could be part of a new creature pack, I think it's obvious that it's 1/6, not 1/4. I wish they were translucent, but it will be a great accessory. Maybe they come with R2 as well?

Darklord Dave said:
This could be part of a new creature pack, I think it's obvious that it's 1/6, not 1/4. I wish they were translucent, but it will be a great accessory. Maybe they come with R2 as well?

Hopefully new addition pack. I want the ultimate R2 with opening compartments, droid arms (maybe some rocket jets), sounds, lights and if it's not too much to ask Sideshow: the Princess Leia "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi" hologram:rolleyes:

Darklord Dave said:

That's interesting... R2-D2 might not be enough as a stand-alone figure. Maybe he comes with the chess set.

Back