Star Wars Chess Table!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Faramir

Super Freak
Reaction score
I noticed there wasn't an individual thread for this, so I decided to start one.

Does anybody know what scale this baby will be in? Maybe it's in preparation for an interior Millennium Falcon environment to be revealed in its fullness later in the year?

In any case the figures look cool even if they aren't translucent. I'll be getting one depending on how big it is.

Did someone say chess set?

000_0017-1.jpg

:D

pixletwin said:
:lol :rotfl :lol There are moments of pure beauty like that when I am sooo glad I am a Freak. :monkey5

:D

But seriously, it must be 1/6th scale, right? I mean, Maul's leg is there and clearly it only comes up part way on his leg, so its way too small for a 1/4th table.

I'm certain this is a 1/6th accessory of some kind -- most likely for a Falcon set... which means Chewie and the droids are on the way!!!!

That's got to be good news.

It was my impression that the photos may not necessarily be in scale with one another... I dunno... Besides an Expansion pack for a PF seems unlikely to me... Has it ever been done before?

I do think this is 1:6 scale based on the detail in paint on the chess pieces. If it was 1:4 scale, I would expect more detail and something to go along with it like a seated Chewbacca or R2D2.
The pieces should also be somewhat translucent imo.

Maybe they arent translucent because they are magnetic? No? Oh well then. I would be plesantly suprised if at TF they show this as 1/6th with Chewie and the Droids. Man... that would be freakin' SWEET.

REBELSCUM is reporting that the table is going to be 1:6... That can only mean that Chewie and the droids are on the way! Check your bank accounts-- with the 30th anniversary, the ANH 12" figs are going to start to roll. Farmboy Luke with blast helmet for rapid Jedi training--- grizzled Obi-Wan taking off a crazy crusade--- and Wookie hair (now there's going to be the puzzler).

DarthNeil said:
Check your bank accounts-- with the 30th anniversary, the ANH 12" figs are going to start to roll.
I checked my bank account...it was crying.

Memnoch21 said:
Maybe they arent translucent because they are magnetic? No? Oh well then. I would be plesantly suprised if at TF they show this as 1/6th with Chewie and the Droids. Man... that would be freakin' SWEET.
Magnetic chess pieces would be cool, but there's not a whole lot of room for them to be inserted in the feet on some of them; unless the table is magnetic and small pieces of metal are inserted into their feet.
I think this might be a prototype and the final pieces will be translucent.
I don't know about a Chewie, but R2 seems more likely. I think this won't be his accessory, but a separate set like the Probe Droid pack.

Mine just breathed a sigh of relief ... I hope it isn't 1/6 scale. :monkey2

I wants a Wookie. :chew

If the chess table is 1/6 scale, then I can only imagine that not only are some of the key characters like Chewie, R2 and 3P0 on the way, but maybe some elements of the Falcon too. If this setup were anything like the Jabba set for ROTJ, I would be ecstatic.

A Han ANH shouldn't be far away, since they broke the unwritten rule of releasing PF/figures close together with Maul. I NEED a Han to tell off my 1/6 Jedis how hokey their religion is.

Back