Star Wars Celebration V: August 12-15, 2010. Orlando, FL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool scene to see, but can understand why it was cut out. If this scene was in the movie we'd lose;

1) Who's that cloaked figure walking in Jabba's gate? Force-choking?!! What!?!

2) That sense of..."How's our gang suppose to get out of this mess?" when Luke's on the plank. Showing Luke give R2 the lightsaber takes away from the dramatic tension & surprise of R2 shooting the lightsaber to Luke.

Though it was cool to see Luke even more "Darth Sidious-ly looking" & see the hero version of Luke's lightsaber with the flickering lights.

Can't wait for the blu-ray!!!

Wow, I'm not exactly sure why, but I got a bit misty-eyed watching that clip. I guess it's akin to seeing an old friend you haven't seen in 20 years.

Continuing to hear Lucas talk about why the OOT will remain lost to the ages is agonizingly frustrating. Especially since I just listened to Coppola's commentary on the Godfather BluRays, in which he explains how many things didn't go the way he wanted and the shots he had to fudge, AND considering Lucas helped Coppola out on some shots. I can't believe he can remain so stubborn when there's such a vocal fanbase who are dying for the untouched trilogy.

Continuing to hear Lucas talk about why the OOT will remain lost to the ages is agonizingly frustrating. Especially since I just listened to Coppola's commentary on the Godfather BluRays, in which he explains how many things didn't go the way he wanted and the shots he had to fudge, AND considering Lucas helped Coppola out on some shots. I can't believe he can remain so stubborn when there's such a vocal fanbase who are dying for the untouched trilogy.

What exactly did he say about the OOT?

Wow, I'm not exactly sure why, but I got a bit misty-eyed watching that clip. I guess it's akin to seeing an old friend you haven't seen in 20 years.

I can only hope that deleted scenes like this, in good quality, will make him change his mind. It's clear the footage is there and it could be done, he just likes being a jackass about it.

This scene though. It makes up for some the prequel trilogy and is quite a dark scene, even by today's standards. I wish it had been kept in but with the tone ROTJ took I can understand it wouldn't fit in that beginning.

What exactly did he say about the OOT?

I was referencing this bit

“You have to go through and do a whole restoration on it, and you have to do that digitally,” he added. “It’s a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version.”

from here

It's just stupid because they've already restored the footage. Then they went back in and changed it. They just added stuff, hardly took anything out, except for Clive Revell's Emperor. They can take the deleted scenes and clean those up for BluRay. I'm assuming they will be in SD, BUT if they are in 1080p, and they're still trying to claim that it's very very expensive to restore the original. . . .GAH!! The deleted scenes must have been in worse shape than the Special Editions, as bad as shape as the OOT. . . but they're going to restore those for the BD, right??

Mr. Lucas said that to release the original versions of these films on Blu-ray was “kind of an oxymoron because the quality of the original is not very good.”

Yeah, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, Godfather. . . yeah, those BDs are real oxymorons. Seeing the BTS on the Godfather BD about how they restored the footage, literally taking portions of different prints of the film to find the best overall flim cell. . . and Lucas is saying the highest grossing film franchise of all time is just too expensive to restore.

How bout instead of donating half your fortune to charity, you save a few hundred thousand of that and use it to make a few thousand Star Wars fans really happy

And yes, I'm really fired up about it, but I've had a rough couple of days, and I'm tired of hearing people's BS.

:gah:

I'm just waiting for the big crying debate about the original trilogy.
Stop holding on to your 7 year old youth lol You know by now, Lucas doesn't care! lol He went back and did them how he wanted to fix them up and that's that. Just saying.

086.jpg

Last day and I've thrown all plans out the window. Just going to wing it and have a fun relaxing last day here. I'm even still in bed!

CV was awesome. Camping out to see Stewart was worth it ALONE! We got awesome floor seats behind Seth Green and were all jacked up on no sleep and caffeine! Interview was great--hilarious. Stewart was the perfect buffer for Lucas and seemed very sincere. Dodged the Home Planet of Kenobi Question and after Mark and Carrie came out, it kind of ended anti-climatically, but the last thing Lucas said very humbly was, "It's nice to be appreciated." Kind of made me forgive him for the trilogy re-releases and KotCS. We were so spent when we walked out the theater we went right to the bar and sucked down some Paulaners.

Back