Star Trek: Discovery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Star Trek TV Series in 2017!

Well about those theories...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, the writers are obviously expecting big things from Elon Musk, naming him alongside the Wright Brothers and Zefram Cochrane!

So they just dropped two F-bombs on star trek.......
well-sh-t-peter-weller-star-trek-into-darkness-marcus.gif

I always thought the vernacular on Trek was off to begin with. Over the centuries, we'd come up with new swear words, new slang. We'd adopt pieces of foreign languages into one Federation standard, and moving past that, probably add some Vulcan, Andorian, and other languages in with it too.

Firefly was the gold standard in that - all of a sudden they'd drop a word in conversation and you'd have to use context clues to figure it out. That was pretty accurate to how it SHOULD be...

I was expecting it to come from the Captain during his imprisonment by the ''Klingons''. It would have been less forced in a scenario like that.

I always thought the vernacular on Trek was off to begin with. Over the centuries, we'd come up with new swear words, new slang. We'd adopt pieces of foreign languages into one Federation standard, and moving past that, probably add some Vulcan, Andorian, and other languages in with it too.

Firefly was the gold standard in that - all of a sudden they'd drop a word in conversation and you'd have to use context clues to figure it out. That was pretty accurate to how it SHOULD be...

FF was a realistic take, plus completely different genre of cinema.
There's no "gold standard" for sci-fi. :lol

Vulcans have always been human-looking so I guess there was no need. Klingons have had multiple changes, so I guess one more doesn't hurt.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Vulcans have always been human-looking so I guess there was no need. Klingons have had multiple changes, so I guess one more doesn't hurt.

It does though. It's probably the single biggest reason I cannot accept this show as canon unless they have a damned good explanation for it.

The recent episode was one of the more enjoyable ones since the opening two. Predictable, and done before (x files, groundhog day etc) But entertaining none the less.

Well we've already had to reconcile the TOS Klingons with the movie ones, then the Kelvin Timeline versions.

I disregard the latter altogether. Didn't happen. As for the change that started with ST:TMP - that really became the default Klingon - followed for years thereafter. Eventually they acknowledged and explained it. But changing it again is just really pissing in the soup to me.

They should just change the Klingons' designs from shot to shot, even during single conversations they can repeatedly cut to a human and then back to the same Klingon that looks different every time. Then just play it straight and don't have the characters in the show ever acknowledge it, lol.

Back