Star Trek: Discovery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no Klingons. They are future Man.

nospoon.jpg

I have to agree with you about the Klingons...well it's pretty much all I've posted about in here. They changed everything about them and it's needless. Why not change the Vulcans too while they were at it? I've just found it impossible to get used to and it has undermined the whole series for me.

Last edited:
I have no idea why they have changed the Klingons this much maybe its to attract more viewers making them look more aggressive but the show itself is very enjoyable.

Nice review! As I've said previously, I'm happy to overlook the Klingons' appearance as a reimagining.

What DOES bother me though (as also previously mentioned)...

Spoiler Spoiler:

This show feels like it's written by people who don't know anything more than seeing a couple Saturday Night Live parodies and maybe binge watching a few episodes to get hired as a writer.

In theory Kirk is on the Farragut and Spock is on the Enterprise right now. Both Constitution class ships are built and have been in service for some time. Neither have spore drives nor will they ever.

I don't care what the producers say. This is not the prime universe.

Nice review! As I've said previously, I'm happy to overlook the Klingons' appearance as a reimagining.

What DOES bother me though (as also previously mentioned)...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admit. Link?

Meh. I know it's hard to keep spoilers under wraps with as rabid a fan base as Trekkies, but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saying that when you already know what's coming, or at least expect it, before you see it the first time, it kindof loses something.

And don't say "avoid spoilers." They made both their big twists pretty clear to even the casual fan.

Overall, though, I'm not hating it. I mostly like the main characters and feel invested in them. But it still doesn't really feel like Star Trek to me. The first two Kelvin movies didn't, either, but after Beyond I thought we were finally getting back to the Trek I loved, just updated for a modern audience. Discovery feels like they threw out the old Trek to make it just like other popular shows nowadays.

I will say I am disappointed that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, one last criticism:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back