Star trek: Strange new worlds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K - somehow I became unsubscribed from the thread BEFORE SEASON 2 STARTED !!!! :slap

S0E09 - certainly not up to the high standards of "THAT" Buffy musical episode (loved the "bunnies" nod though) . . . but not too shabby - and DAMN can ALL those folks sing !!!!!

Similar to the Buffy episode in that there were plenty of emotional truths revealed between the characters, and which COULD explain various characters behaviours in TOS.

So clever.

And OMG - the Klingons! . . . AND the original theme music - OMG !!!!!

I have ADORED the entire season so far! - SUCH high quality.

Last edited:
Agreed, that worked so much better than I expected it would. The Klingon boy band might have taken things a little TOO far (and I'm sure caused some fans head's to explode), but it did get a huge laugh from me so I guess it did it's job. 😄

I was a bit underwhelmed by the first half of the season, but they really seem to be going out strong with these last few episodes.

Yeah I'm not against musicals, or shows that did the odd musical episode. However, the lyrics here felt forced, as well as some of the melodies as well.

Klingons…. soooo wrong! I wonder how many people were ticked off by their antics!

I appreciate when a show tries to do something unexpected like a musical or an episode where no one talks. But I won’t be rewatching this episode anytime soon.

An incredible high with the M'Benga episode. An incredible CRASH with the Buffy musical.

Will the so-called "creatives" behind all these movies and shows stop making these "home movies" to please themselves and just concentrate on making something entertaining for everyone?

This was excruciating.

That last episode of season 2 . . .

2023-03-23-04-WOW-no-background.png

Although I appreciate an amazing last episode, I LOATHE cliff hangers. Annoyed me in TNG back in the day with Best of Both Worlds. If I'd known this SNW episode was a cliff hanger, I would've not watched, and simply waited until S3.

Can see why hard core Trek fans would blow a fuse with things like the musical episode, but I think it's great they're trying different things and pushing boundaries in their storytelling. Refreshing.

There were a ton of us hardcore Trek fans who loved the musical and crossover ep, so I don't think that's really a factor.

As for the finale, I thought it was pretty strong. Not at the level of the last one with the alternate Balance of Terror, but still pretty intense with some nice character moments. And thought they did a great job realizing the adult Gorn, which looked properly terrifying unlike the silly lizard creatures we've been getting until now.

There were a ton of us hardcore Trek fans who loved the musical and crossover ep, so I don't think that's really a factor.
I'll qualify that with 'some' hardcore fans, for your sake, but I made the grave error of reading posts in another forum. It's definitely a factor in online negativity. If that's what you're getting at with "I don't think that's really a factor", we'll agree to disagree.

Sadly this show feels nothing like the Enterprise we saw in the Cage. Think I will stick with the TOS as this modern stuff is not for me. To those who like the show though I hope you continue to enjoy it and that you get many seasons.

I'll qualify that with 'some' hardcore fans, for your sake, but I made the grave error of reading posts in another forum. It's definitely a factor in online negativity. If that's what you're getting at with "I don't think that's really a factor", we'll agree to disagree.
Well the eps scored really highly on Trekbbs, which is the longest running Trek forum I'm aware of. But obviously it's not an easy thing to guage, and this insistence that you can't be a "true Star Trek fan" and enjoy the new shows is something I always find tiresome and idiotic anyway.

Oh heck - presumably because of the ongoing strike action?

Yes, and due to the rumors of Paramount limiting to 2 Trek shows per year. So next year is likely going to be Discovery and one other. I am guessing this to be either Prodigy, or Lower Decks (Prodigy is rumored to go to Amazon).

On the plus side, there are also rumors the Academy show might not be pushing thorough, and instead we will get Legacy to replace Discovery when it ends.

Yes, and due to the rumors of Paramount limiting to 2 Trek shows per year. So next year is likely going to be Discovery and one other. I am guessing this to be either Prodigy, or Lower Decks (Prodigy is rumored to go to Amazon).

On the plus side, there are also rumors the Academy show might not be pushing thorough, and instead we will get Legacy to replace Discovery when it ends.

Thanks for the info.

As far as I'm concerned, Discovery, Prodigy & Lower Decks can disappear into a black hole, never to be seen again . . . but THIS on the other hand :bow

Back