Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For being just a movie Into Darkness was decent, but not really on my list of movies I re-watch. Neither is the first one, quite frankly. So yeah, don't really care about the third movie.

For Star Trek to be Star Trek again it really needs to be a TV series. These movies have been fun action films and have kept the franchise alive, but I'd really like to see a return to TV with people who know Trek at the helm.

:lol

When you're paid to star in a series of films you are also paid to say stupid stuff and lie to promote said films.
That's a well known fact.

True, he might say differently a few years from now when he doesn't have to worry about being paid by these people.

However, if these are his real feelings about it then I say ''No, **** you Simon Pegg'' :lol How is it that a Star Wars fan can be unhappy with the new movies and that's fine but if a Star Trek fan is unhappy with the new Star Trek film he's just being a **nt. :dunno The double-standards are strong with that one.

I am betting Zoe Saldana will see a lot more action and screen time now since Guardians of the Galaxy.

I wonder if Alice Eve and her **** will still have a supporting role.

I am betting Zoe Saldana will see a lot more action and screen time now since Guardians of the Galaxy.

I hope not. I liked her a lot in Guardians, but Uhura is a supporting character in Star Trek. I hope due to her succes the movie isn't turned into Star Trek the Uhura chronicles.

True, he might say differently a few years from now when he doesn't have to worry about being paid by these people.

However, if these are his real feelings about it then I say ''No, **** you Simon Pegg'' :lol How is it that a Star Wars fan can be unhappy with the new movies and that's fine but if a Star Trek fan is unhappy with the new Star Trek film he's just being a **nt. :dunno The double-standards are strong with that one.

Pegg is not only in the new film but he has been named co-writer. In other news it is rumored that both Shatner and Nimoy will have cameos.

Looks like this production is going to be hellish, so far whats happened has not given me any hope that they'll return a great film.

Ever notice that Earth is in every ST movie.....? In some ways, the movies are so far removed from the original concept of 'boldly going where no one.....' and blah. To do that, they gotta leave Earth, darnit!!!!

Ever notice that Earth is in every ST movie.....?

You mean the new two, right? And I agree, the Enterprise was a ship I always thought of as the one they'd send out to furthest unexplored reaches since the crew was so qualified. Now they've become Homeland Security.

I really loved the first one, the second one was good but not great. I'm hoping the next one is better but I'll see it regardless of reviews. :)

It's also using Star Trek as a verb, not a noun, as it has been for...well, forever. Which isn't a BAD thing, just different, and kinda cool.

I might not be saying that right...I'm no grammar nut. Trek was always a passive kindof word. As in "This is a Star Trek." Now, it's an action word - Star Trek to do SOMETHING specific. I like it.

EDIT: The one thing I don't like is it doesn't mean anything to the plot (as far as we know at this point). Into Darkness didn't really mean anything, either. Most of the Trek subtitles have applied to the story, although one could argue that The Final Frontier and Nemesis were a bit pointless. I always really liked "The Undiscovered Country," because, even though it didn't use the Shakespearian phrase correctly, it applied into the plot in a way that you couldn't have known beforehand, but makes complete sense and epitomizes the movie afterwards. "Beyond" still could do that, though I doubt it.

Last edited:
Back