Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get you guys. I love TOS, and I love the new franchise as much. They're just different takes on the character, but with reboots we see that all the time, plus they certainly beat all the ST movies that came before, which oscillated between the cheap, the bad, and the just decent.:dunno

You lost me at the part in bold.

Seriously! While I wasn't huge on the TNG movies, all of the original series movies except for 5 were fantastic. It was more Star Trek than anything else - less action and more character development, philosophy, psychology, etc...

I enjoyed the first reboot quite a lot, even though it didn't feel like Star Trek at all. Into Darkness however I thought was just a cheap ripoff of Wrath of Khan.

I'll be pumped if Edgar Wright takes the helm though. Haven't been disappointed with anything he has done yet.

Sorry, I know there's a big fandom for the original crew movies, but for me, they were rather bad, even the best ones like Wrath of Khan, were well inferior to TOS, plus I couldn't help watching the like a flying regiment home in the end.

The new crew is good, the movies are well paced and I think they are a great access way for a modern, younger audience to TOS. Of course, they take some liberties with the original, but I turn a blind eye and accept the parallel universe plot device. The only thing they really need to do now is a movie that really takes place in space and where the Earth is far away!

STAR TREK 3 May Be Saved As Orci Exits

My sources tell me that the script Orci was working on saw the Enterprise, the Vulcans and a new alien race competing to get a time travel device. The Vulcans want to go back and stop the destruction of their planet, and the time travel schtick is what would allow Chris Pine and William Shatner to share the screen.

[UPDATE: I've been in touch with some folks and it seems like the script was one of the problem factors. Paramount shut the production down last month, sending home all the design people while they battled over the direction of the screenplay. I imagine all this stuff is gone now.]

Well you see that plotline actually makes some sense to me - it makes no sense that nobody would make any attempt to undo the damage done by Nero.

Star Trek 3 : Undoing the Poorly Written Reboot Because We Realized Vulcan is Important

Starring Real Captain Kirk, Fake Captain Kirk, Zoe Saldana's Boobs...

Glad Orci is out........the moment i heard he wanted Shatner, I lost faith in his vision with this new crew...let them shine; the past needs to stay in the past....

I agree with that. We've had enough Nimoy Spock. Since it's made clear it's a changed timeline, let them create their own adventures in it instead of trying to fix or shoehorn in those of the original stories.

Star Trek 3 : Undoing the Poorly Written Reboot Because We Realized Vulcan is Important

Starring Real Captain Kirk, Fake Captain Kirk, Zoe Saldana's Boobs...

reads as an Honest trailer voiceover :rotfl

Star Trek Into Vulcan Past
f3e64862e8942402638446bea772c6d4.jpg

You lost me at the part in bold.
Same.
At the time those movies were big enough and felt like parts of the ST series.
It's just that they were more like big budget television films and not something theatrical.

While I wasn't huge on the TNG movies, all of the original series movies except for 5 were fantastic.
It was more Star Trek than anything else - less action and more character development, philosophy, psychology, etc...
:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

Tho I liked "The Final Frontier" very much exactly because of its silly old-school vibe :lol

I think Leonard Nimoy is done with playing Spock. His health is really bad. They should leave Shatner out of it any new movie. It's done. Let it go now.

Well you see that plotline actually makes some sense to me - it makes no sense that nobody would make any attempt to undo the damage done by Nero.

This does make alot of sense, but this sounds more like a back to the future 2 where the same characters are in the same scenes, not older versions of the characters interacting with the younger ones.

I'm not really a fan of the old star trek stuff, TV show was good cheesy fun, the movies are pretty much unwatchable for me, and the old cast couldn't get me less excited for the next film, I agree with paramounts decision to shut this down for now.

Simon Pegg co-writing Star Trek 3

Simon Pegg has been set to co-write Star Trek 3, the film that just got Fast & Furious director Justin Lin aboard after Roberto Orci exited the helmer chair. He will co-write the script with Doug Jung, creator of the TNT series Dark Blue. Pegg’s already a pivotal player in the JJ Abrams-produced Paramount/Skydance pic; he also will reprise his role as Scotty, the engineering wiz originated by James Doohan in the original 1960s Gene Roddenberry series. Don’t be surprised if Scotty beams up further on the call sheet. Jung also wrote for Bad Robot and Paramount a film called Diamond, which is how he got the gig. They are just getting underway.

Last edited:
Back