Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Trek IV: The Voyage AWAY From Earth This Time
Star Trek V: The Final Lens Flare
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Plot Contrivance

It is what it is folks, it's a good honest Star Trek story, it beats a real emotive heart and although some may decry the lack of blistering space battles, or end of the universe peril scenarios, it's an essential film for dealing with the protagonists we know and love.

It is what it is folks, it's an essential film for dealing with the protagonists we know and love.

Is that you, JJ? :lol

Or are you just another Paramount sockpuppet? :wink1:

It's STINO: Star Trek In Name Only.

Nuff <yawn> said . . . :wave

It is what it is folks, it's a good honest Star Trek story, it beats a real emotive heart and although some may decry the lack of blistering space battles, or end of the universe peril scenarios, it's an essential film for dealing with the protagonists we know and love.

Uh no. No one does that and that isn't what Star Trek is at all. Nor was the crap JJ put on screen.

Uh no. No one does that and that isn't what Star Trek is at all. Nor was the crap JJ put on screen.

JJ has made the best star trek movies to date, never liked Star Trek until I saw the reboot, still don't care about anything before it, but Orci might be able to carry over what JJ did without detracting to far from what made the last two good, well the first was great, second one was good, it was a bit to serious compared to the first.

Excellent. JJ made Star Trek films for people who would have been just as well satisfied with some other Sci-fi yarn with 'Star' in the title. :dunno

Pity about the people who've been following this particular franchise for decades though.

It's not that I resent people for liking it. But I am puzzled - was there something inside you crying out to like Star Trek previous to the JJ films and it just couldn't happen until he came along? Why like it now and still not like what came before, without which this new Star Trek wouldn't even exist. That's a curious thing to me.

Excellent. JJ made Star Trek films for people who would have been just as well satisfied with some other Sci-fi yarn with 'Star' in the title. :dunno

Pity about the people who've been following this particular franchise for decades though.

It's not that I resent people for liking it. But I am puzzled - was there something inside you crying out to like Star Trek previous to the JJ films and it just couldn't happen until he came along? Why like it now and still not like what came before, without which this new Star Trek wouldn't even exist. That's a curious thing to me.

a good movies a good movie and the first one was great, second one was ok but I can see how people hate it because of the stupid Kahn stuff so I can't argue that. But as just good old space action adventure with funny likable characters, there's really nothing like it. I've never liked star trek before and it's hard for me to get into star wars too, I can appreciate them as well made Sci Fi films, but it's really JJ's star trek that stands above the rest for me, they are just so damn fun.

When it first came out I really enjoyed his first one but the second one just took too many liberties with the canon and logic...kinda retroactively put me off the first one.

When it first came out I really enjoyed his first one but the second one just took too many liberties with the canon and logic...kinda retroactively put me off the first one.

That's a fair point, I was never into the space adventure stuff when I was younger so I'm not as attached to the material as others but I don't feel as the first one made the series look bad, I actually went back and watched some of the old episodes on netflix, even watched the wrath of kahn to compare to Into Darkness. Using kahn in that film was a waste after watching the original but I really have no desire to back and rewatch the old stuff, but I do love the Star Trek reboot.

I grew up on Transformers, Godzilla, spawn, and spiderman and I feel like at some point everything I have grown up on has been massively miss handled on film in the last 15 years. Even though Into Darkness wasn't great like the first one I feel it didn't ruin itself like some of the other films for the characters I listed.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this movie but I hope there aren't too many references to the classic films... "Star Trek XIII: The Search for References". Please no... Into Darkness was just too much.

Deadline is reporting a rumor that Roberto Orci will not direct and that Edgar Wright is on the list of potential directors.

The second made nearly half a billion dollars. I don't think it's going anywhere before another 2 or 3 go where sequels have gone before.

First was great. Second was fun until the TWOK remix. Glad Orci is out. We need an experienced director.

I don't get you guys. I love TOS, and I love the new franchise as much. They're just different takes on the character, but with reboots we see that all the time, plus they certainly beat all the ST movies that came before, which oscillated between the cheap, the bad, and the just decent.:dunno

Back