Star Trek (2009) DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Amazon exclusive last night. The metal ship is really great, not a cheap extra like a lot of premium DVD sets, but an real collectible I'd have bought separate.

In the documentary Trekkies, Kate Mulgrew stated that Trekkers are the ones "walking with us" while the Trekkies are the ones content to simply sit and watch Star Trek.

Easy as that. Trekkies watch the damn thing and Trekkers think they are in the damn thing.

Got the Amazon exclusive last night. The metal ship is really great, not a cheap extra like a lot of premium DVD sets, but an real collectible I'd have bought separate.

which one are you talking about, there seems to be a few sets with ships available, and how much did it cost off of Amazon??

Easy as that. Trekkies watch the damn thing and Trekkers think they are in the damn thing.

Leonard Nimoy says the correct name is Trekker and that's good enough for me. :p

Wanna Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock for it?

:D

rock_paper_scissors_spock_lizard.gif

which one are you talking about, there seems to be a few sets with ships available, and how much did it cost off of Amazon??

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PUsOFUXtIDU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PUsOFUXtIDU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Leonard Nimoy says the correct name is Trekker and that's good enough for me. :p

Roddenberry says Trekkie and that trumps Nimoy. :lol Also, Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock wouldn't help we'd both just throw Spock. :D

Got mine today surprisingly with no fuss in a small mailer. Love it.

Roddenberry says Trekkie and that trumps Nimoy. :lol Also, Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock wouldn't help we'd both just throw Spock. :D

Got mine today surprisingly with no fuss in a small mailer. Love it.

Nothing trumps Mr. Spock! :lecture

I throw Lizard, and Lizard poisons Spock.

I win!!! :D

Wanna Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock for it?

:D

rock_paper_scissors_spock_lizard.gif

I've been looking for something that explains that game! :lol
They went too fast on Big Bang Theory I didn't catch the rules.

The more I watch this the more I love it. Anyone else notice it's structured almost perfectly as two hr long episodes?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PUsOFUXtIDU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PUsOFUXtIDU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm not sure if its worth $100 but that is pretty dang cool.

Wow, just worked through all the extras and they are extensive. I wish every big movie had this many extras.

But they did make me think - would a starship really have an engine room that looked like brewery or an electrical plant?

And the Vulcan Science Academy seems to be the same chapel used in the last season of True Blood as the Church of the Sun church.

I still can't believe nerds fight about this. It was always Trekkie until some super nerds got tired of being called a name that sounded too nerdy so they made up "Trekker" because they thought it sounded less nerdy to them.

I meam WHO CARES??? I am a Trekkie and always have been. So what?

Yeah, it's pretty funny actually. I think it's Trek fans thinking it's less geeky to be called a Trekker.

Me, I'm proud to be a Trekkie, and don't care if people think I'm a geek or not. :)

Best movie of 2009 heads down for fans. And this DVD just brought it all together. I'm still going through disc 2...wish they'd make some good looking 1:6 figures of these and the original cast.

I still can't believe nerds fight about this. It was always Trekkie until some super nerds got tired of being called a name that sounded too nerdy so they made up "Trekker" because they thought it sounded less nerdy to them.

I meam WHO CARES??? I am a Trekkie and always have been. So what?

Actually, nobody does care but I was just teasing Mike.

No reason to get snooty about it. :rolleyes:

Back