Star Trek (2009) DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine if theres an extended edition is will be released when the next Trek films hits theaters. I doubt they'll release an extended version now. But Abrams did say he cut alot of stuff out.

It all sounds too good. What are they going to double dip with if they jam pack everything and the kitchen sink into the first release?

In the 4 issue comic mini: Countdown, (issue 2, I believe), Nero was looking into the back history of Starfleet and he came across info on Kirk's part in it all...

Yeah, he looked up Kirk Prime's backstory during his own timeline, so he could know that George was on the Kelvin.

However, he may not have know that George became active captain and went down with the ship because the autopilot was damaged. So I'm assuming he just checked up on changes in history due to his arrival after he broke out of Rura Penthe and that information may have been public record.

Yeah, I considered that since I read Countdown before seeing the movie. But the two panels in the comic book and Nero's line in the movie just weren't enough to cover it.

But MooMooEgg's theory makes the most sense. Hopefully, that will be something that's addressed in the deleted scenes.

Anybody else get this yet? I got it on Blu-Ray on Friday. Haven't watched any of the extras yet but will get to it soon. The movie itself looks great! :rock

i actually just bought the bluray sets from costco. one package had the old version kirk movies and the other is the next gen movies.
i have only watched the extras disc so far and found it very interesting

We've had it in stock at work for about a month now. Man I wish we still had the ability to check-out and purchase stuff there at work.

Anybody else get this yet? I got it on Blu-Ray on Friday. Haven't watched any of the extras yet but will get to it soon. The movie itself looks great! :rock

I love this movie, it made me a Trekkie for the first time (Screw the Trekker bull^^^^) but man....when I see the Diora Baird cut scene, I want to slap JJ in the face. When you have the option of Diora Baird and Rachel Nichols, how do you chose Nichols to be the near naked one and Baird to be the fully clothed!?!?! WHAT!?!?! :monkey2

I'm picking up the regular BR tomorrow and i'm also getting this from Amazon...

star_trek_blu_ray_limited_edition_uss_replica.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Limited-Repl...ef=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1257299359&sr=1-5

I love this movie, it made me a Trekkie for the first time (Screw the Trekker bull^^^^) but man....when I see the Diora Baird cut scene, I want to slap JJ in the face. When you have the option of Diora Baird and Rachel Nichols, how do you chose Nichols to be the near naked one and Baird to be the fully clothed!?!?! WHAT!?!?! :monkey2

Same here. Was never really interested in ST until this movie came out.

And I totally agree with you. :lecture

Star Trek filled the gap that Star Wars would leave for me...

When this one came out, it pretty much did the same thing. But man did it come in with a bang !!!

Back