Star Trek (2009) DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this film, love the Blu ray even more. SO much stuff on it. The gag reel is just hilarious!!

(and I'm one who loves that the made the engine room look more like a traditional engine room with noise and functional things rather than flashing lights and 'thing' at the end that we're to believe powers the ship. Doing it this way makes it much more believable that the ship is huge, therefore it takes a huge power plant to make it go. I really loved that decision!)

Love this film, love the Blu ray even more. SO much stuff on it. The gag reel is just hilarious!!

(and I'm one who loves that the made the engine room look more like a traditional engine room with noise and functional things rather than flashing lights and 'thing' at the end that we're to believe powers the ship. Doing it this way makes it much more believable that the ship is huge, therefore it takes a huge power plant to make it go. I really loved that decision!)

I agree
And so does The Shat
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xmSSIBjgjqE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xmSSIBjgjqE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Actually, nobody does care but I was just teasing Mike.

No reason to get snooty about it. :rolleyes:

Seriously. Let me flirt with Ween and move along. :D

Actually haven't we been having this fun since before the movie came out Ween?

Had to share :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/OCwnIPb1CcI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/OCwnIPb1CcI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously. Let me flirt with Ween and move along. :D

Actually haven't we been having this fun since before the movie came out Ween?

Yup! ;)

Trekkie.........

tn_nerdglasses.jpg

Trekker........

3524L.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

Are you talking about when they eject the warp core?, that does not power the ship.Even in old trek they can eject the core at any time except, it was never four pieces, just one.

This past Halloween, the costume store was having a buy one get one sale. I bought one for myself and called the wife to see if she wanted anything. She said "whatever you pick will be fine." Guess what I picked?

:rock:rock:rock

It's Trekkies, btw. :monkey3 A Trekker is just somebody who is ashamed of being a Trekkie.

Are you talking about when they eject the warp core?, that does not power the ship.Even in old trek they can eject the core at any time except, it was never four pieces, just one.

no. I'm just talking about the fact that in any Star Trek, usually all we ever see of what powers the ship is something like this....

Warp_core_breach_flashpoint.jpg

...very futuristic, all lights and sound effects... but nothing we can really relate to. And it seems too small and technological to power such a vast ship. Futuristic, yes... but there's never much to it.

But in the new trek with them filming in real world locations, it instantly gave the Enterprise a grander sense of scale, and the impression that a huge power plant style operation is needed to power the ship. It made the ship feel vast, and continued the tradition of ships from recent history having a grimy engine room and a shiny posh bridge. I love that. :)

This pic is from Engineering though, where the Warp Core is..which is used to take the ship to warp, not power the ship, and its a hell of alot bigger then that one room..it spreads through a few decks(atleast 8 decks), and besides that, we did see various other areas around Engineering in the movies, like when Spock fixed the dilithium chamber(i think it was) to allow the ship to escape Khan in ST:II.

Seeing such a industrial looking inside to this more modern J.Jprise just does not blend well for some reason.

This is only part of the core seen in Star Trek II, it went from the tail of the ship all the way to the torpedo room and up towards the primary hull and down in the secondary hull.

Scroll down in link to Refit pics of Engineering.

https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/interiors1.htm

i know how big the core is *supposed* to be :rolleyes: ... I'm talking about what we see on screen. And other than the room Spock dies in (another tiny self contained room) we see nothing other than a flashy glowy power conduit or two.

Nothing that felt like any kind of power factory.

Anyway I'm not interested in how many people think JJ killed Star Trek... I liked the look, and seeing as I'm the one watching it... that's the only opinion I care about :D

no. I'm just talking about the fact that in any Star Trek, usually all we ever see of what powers the ship is something like this....

Warp_core_breach_flashpoint.jpg

...very futuristic, all lights and sound effects... but nothing we can really relate to. And it seems too small and technological to power such a vast ship. Futuristic, yes... but there's never much to it.

But in the new trek with them filming in real world locations, it instantly gave the Enterprise a grander sense of scale, and the impression that a huge power plant style operation is needed to power the ship. It made the ship feel vast, and continued the tradition of ships from recent history having a grimy engine room and a shiny posh bridge. I love that. :)

Looks like Robbie the Robot or Robot from Lost in Space!

This past Halloween, the costume store was having a buy one get one sale. I bought one for myself and called the wife to see if she wanted anything. She said "whatever you pick will be fine." Guess what I picked?

:rock:rock:rock

It's Trekkies, btw. :monkey3 A Trekker is just somebody who is ashamed of being a Trekkie.

When I was growing up, it was always Trekker. I went to many conventions and it was always Trekker. I rarely heard the term Trekkie. I think Trekker sounds more adult. If someone wants to call me a Trekkie, except for Mike :)D), that's fine. Doesn't really matter since it means the same thing.

I have never watched anything associated with Star Trek but I picked up the BD of the movie today because I heard nothing but good things about it. Can't wait to sit down and watch it.

bought this the day it came out but haven't sat down and watched it yet.
well tried watching the extras disc tonight and all i can say is holy shat man, there's alot of extras on them there discs. didn't have time to watch them all in one sitting :lol

I have never watched anything associated with Star Trek but I picked up the BD of the movie today because I heard nothing but good things about it. Can't wait to sit down and watch it.

can't wait to hear what you think.

Finally got to sit down and watch this for the first time, I thought the film was simply phenomenal. Honestly I never really had and interest in Star Trek up until now.

Back