Star Ace Toys - "The Bride" from Kill Bill Volume 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am such a fan of the film that as terrible as the prototype was I was going to buy it anyway. Sadly it came out so poorly that I would not be able to display it even if it was given to me free of charge. Star Ace should be ashamed. This is easily one of, if not THE, worst licensed 1/6 figures in recent memory. The only competition that is has is most of Star Ace?s own Harry Potter releases. Maybe it?s just time for them to stop.

I am such a fan of the film that as terrible as the prototype was I was going to buy it anyway. Sadly it came out so poorly that I would not be able to display it even if it was given to me free of charge. Star Ace should be ashamed. This is easily one of, if not THE, worst licensed 1/6 figures in recent memory. The only competition that is has is most of Star Ace?s own Harry Potter releases. Maybe it?s just time for them to stop.

Will you post a few pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f851bfe9efa8e6015e1435b1e0569e75.jpg

SHE HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Honestly, it is not that bad of a figure, especially in person. Literally, my only gripe with it is that the sword is a lot looser in her hand than I would prefer, but I fixed that myself.

209a0a29cc7d79ab10653cbfa5be399a.jpg

Don?t have to worry about causing offense since you obviously had nothing to do with creating the figure but...wow...it looks truly terrible. I really wish Star Ace had given this film and character the justice that they both deserve. I keep coming to this thread in the hope that I will realize that I have been mistaken and there is a decent licensed Kill Bill figure out there...this is the final nail in that coffin. Thanks for posting the pictures so I can move on.

Don?t have to worry about causing offense since you obviously had nothing to do with creating the figure but...wow...it looks truly terrible. I really wish Star Ace had given this film and character the justice that they both deserve. I keep coming to this thread in the hope that I will realize that I have been mistaken and there is a decent licensed Kill Bill figure out there...this is the final nail in that coffin. Thanks for posting the pictures so I can move on.

It?s better in person

It?s better in person

I will have to take your word for it my friend. Hair looks like an awful matted Barbie mess, tailoring, fit, and even fabric on the outfit look terrible. Even the proportions on the body look out of whack. I am honestly glad that you are able to enjoy it and wish I could get there too...but if this showed up on my doorstep I would not be able to put it on display.

It looks very cheap.

What it lacks in facial detail it makes up for in accessories. Plus her boots have that writing on them. So that is a huge plus. I?ll probably get a custom headsculpt on eBay in a few months (its $150)

I so wanted to get this. Most things look better in person, but if I can't sort of dig it through pictures it's not going to be $200+ better in person. The license is probably expensive which dictates the price, but that should also dictate the quality and it's not there. If the price drops (significantly) I might bite. As is, no.

I so wanted to get this. Most things look better in person, but if I can't sort of dig it through pictures it's not going to be $200+ better in person. The license is probably expensive which dictates the price, but that should also dictate the quality and it's not there. If the price drops (significantly) I might bite. As is, no.

I used eBay bucks

athirsch, you don't have to defend your affinity for this figure. There are a bunch of figures in my collection that others find sub-standard. If you feel you got your money's worth that's all that matter. Everyone has an opinion, don't let that color your view on this figure.
For example, I can't see myself paying for this figure and then paying another $150 for a head sculpt. Obviously, you feel it's worth it. That's part of the beauty of this hobby.

athirsch, you don't have to defend your affinity for this figure. There are a bunch of figures in my collection that others find sub-standard. If you feel you got your money's worth that's all that matter. Everyone has an opinion, don't let that color your view on this figure.
For example, I can't see myself paying for this figure and then paying another $150 for a head sculpt. Obviously, you feel it's worth it. That's part of the beauty of this hobby.

To each their own [emoji41]

Back