Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the gangster kingdom thought thier comic styling was very cool and price for 2 figure set hard to pass on. Plan on just buying differnt realistic headsculpts to change up.

Pulp Fiction remains somewhat elusive. I have the RM figures, plus the dork outfits, extra unpainted heads, and Robbie's cool case. I always felt the RM heads looked good, but not great. I don't know if I'd call them cartoony. There are some likeness issues with SLJ/Jules. Vincent is a little better, but maybe 85%. I high hopes for the Star Ace figures but once the photos started popping up those hopes started to diminish. The Jules portrait has looked pretty underwhelming throughout, but I, not sure if the issue is with the sculpt or the hair. I think the only way to get Jules's jeri curl right is with real hair, because it needs the volume. I've seem photos of the Snyder sculpts, but have not heard of anyone swapping them for the RMs. I would be interested to see a side by side comparison of the RM and SA heads. I am curious to see how Vincent turns out in hand. If it ends up looking as good as the one in the pic I might try to get one parted out. It would be great to see Inigou take these on. Maybe folks who buy the SA will want to trade up. But given the so-so tailoring coupled with the high price tag for the figures, I'm not sure how many folks will want to spend another $200- $250 or so per.

Looks like they decided to use the monkey face instead of that good sculpt.

Q2BMPvj.png

What could have been...

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks like they decided to use the monkey face instead of that good sculpt.

Q2BMPvj.png

What could have been...

attachment.php

monkey or stoned out of his mind...decision decisions.

i don't get how companies keep failing on these guys. it's my favorite movie and i'm itching to buy a set of figures, but something always looks off. non of the realistic depictions have looked right at all, whether it's jules or vincent. the gangster kingdom vincent captures travolta and the character perfectly, but isn't a style everyone can appreciate. and jules, sadly, look like hot garbage, which ruins the pair. they're like the recent blitzway bill and ted figures. i can't care about them if they don't nail both characters. no-one wants to have an awesome looking vincent stood next to a crappy looking jules

This is quite a bummer. I was looking forward to this. I’d only blitzway got this license instead of the I dunno school of rock one. This is not promising for the other Tarantino movie figures they want to produce, if ever.

What confuses me is they tease the improve sculpt of Vince.

Why do that if you’re just going to use your original man-ape sculpt?!

Jeebus

Back