Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already received Jules - he’s.......ok

tenor.gif

Just got Vincent in, it’s just ‘OK’

Certainly not what they showed us on their page a while back

c9434999e39343bc624cfab72a88c649.jpg

9a01c7152dc3033fc1e779f09370cc94.jpg

it's just the lens distortion guys chill. wait til you get it on hand then make the judgement.

Steve’s first pic is probably closer to what it looks like than his second.

The second pic is in poor lighting and out of focus.

Nonetheless the sculpt will probably be a 6/10 but I’ll reserve final judgement for when I get it in hand

It looks a lot better than the original solicits. At least I can tell it's supposed to be Travolta and the hair is right and stuff. Jules looks nothing even remotely like Sam Jackson.

They teased these back in December though, why didn’t we get them on the final figure?

785da061c46db1561ee5fdbca2bdb552.jpg

07c358426cdee7659fbefa6347d84cb3.png

In all fairness look at the picture of the two sculpts he is holding not only are the sculpts far superior but the paint job is top notch as well, now look at what they delivered, there is no way in hell they could have come close to delivering whats in the pics, they obviously dont have the skills in that area, now they get an A plus for a greedy money grab and i bet they caught out a few people on the back of those pics but karma is a female dog that has a good memory.

It is sad how easily people in this hobby are duped into believing a head sculpt is a good likeness by skin detail and mottled paint. Those pictures of the "good' heads look more like Val Kilmer than Travolta. I can't believe in 2018 companies are still trying to sell customers on prototype paint masters that their factories will never have the ability to duplicate. Its a fool's errand they keep running again and again.

The ones they teased look way more like Travolta than the one we got. And I don’t agree with the Val Kilmer likeness, you need your eyes testing if that’s who you see.

Here’s as close a comparison as I can do:

8d86470bb3c66f47703af9a9c338ead5.jpg

Back