Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this turns out I might be tempted. Wonder if they would re-release Jules as well.

Yeah they need to release a new Jules. Their first effort was a disaster.

30605478007_055407c2b8_b.jpg

:slap

The new Vincent is up on Star Ace’s website. The standard is $237.99 and the deluxe is $298.99. At those prices I’m definitely waiting before committing to anything.

I think I'll just take my chances with the Redman figure myself. It might be a cheap Cult King recast, but it's still bound to turn out a lot better than the Star Ace. And is also starting off with a stronger sculpt.

Yeah they need to release a new Jules. Their first effort was a disaster.

30605478007_055407c2b8_b.jpg

:slap
Not a great figure by any means, but I do think it looks a tad better in the suit versus the end of the movie shorts and t-shirt look. I also think an improved body would help. Looks really skinny in those clothes.

I think I'll just take my chances with the Redman figure myself. It might be a cheap Cult King recast, but it's still bound to turn out a lot better than the Star Ace. And is also starting off with a stronger sculpt.

Totally agree, I think this sculpt is decent, but pretty much everything official I've seen from this movie has looked knock off quality anyway, so I'm not buying in.

Not a great figure by any means, but I do think it looks a tad better in the suit versus the end of the movie shorts and t-shirt look. I also think an improved body would help. Looks really skinny in those clothes.

It looks better in the suit for sure. But would a suit on a headless body look more like Jules? 50:50.

Just bit the bullet on the deluxe version. Please turn out good...please turn out good... please turn out good...

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Just bit the bullet on the deluxe version. Please turn out good...please turn out good... please turn out good...

Just peruse the Star Ace Harry Potter thread, or any of the other Star Ace threads over the past 2-3 years. Their output has been consistently poor.

In my experience with Star Ace, the figures release and ship and no bloggers even review them. So it is rolling the dice every time with them. I have not seen anything good by that company in a very long time.

Because it was his fault she overdosed.
His heroin appeared to be cocaine because it was in a baggie instead of a balloon, so she snorted it. Not necessarily his fault. More of a misunderstanding/mistake. But you could see how he might feel responsible, and I'd bet that Marsellus Wallace would've damn sure held him responsible had she died.

In my experience with Star Ace, the figures release and ship and no bloggers even review them. So it is rolling the dice every time with them. I have not seen anything good by that company in a very long time.
The Review Spot on YouTube has done reviews of a lot of their stuff. He last did a review of Selene from the Underworld franchise a few months ago. I think Star Ace figures underwhelm, but sometimes get a bad wrap. I will say though that their figure of The Bride is terrible. Maybe one of the worst sixth scale releases I’ve seen in a while.

90343849_1477202405767885_8144002706185388032_o.jpg

SA now claims that the figure the French guy reviewed on YT was a bad sample
and they have sent him a replacement.
I don't believe this, but let's see what happens
when other buyers show actual in-hand photos
to see what they also received, as well as photos of the "correct" head.

To be fair, Star Ace came out the parks swinging. Steve McQueen was awesome. Kid versions of Hermione, Harry, Ron, Draco, looked great along with Sirius Black and Hagrid so praise where praise is due.
Dobby, Triwizard Harry and Lucius Malfoy were ok, and Underworld Selene and Viktor was debatable, not great but not terrible.
Was always interested in their Leonidas, looked pretty good as well since i couldn't grab the HT at the time.
Everything else from memory seems pretty bad to terrible. Teenaged Draco's prototype looks alright. We'll see.

Another review up not looking good, Star ace makes expensive barbies. I generally hate that they have the good licenses but 90% fail to deliver.

They really need to fix their quality issues an cheap looking feel to them.

Back